3. Safe for 3 years
152 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The children who were standing around quickly scurried to find their seats. Kai was late in taking action. But he got the seat he wanted.

A seat at the back of the class near a window. It was the perfect place to avoid unnecessary trouble.

Most of the children were excited to learn. So, they sat in the front, leaving a peaceful spot in the back for Kai.

“Let me explain about the subjects that you will be learning,” Kenji spoke.

“There are four subjects you will be concentrating on this year. They are

Language comprehension, basic mathematics, chakra control and basic combat training.”

“These four subjects will be taught to you by different teachers. I will be teaching you the math class. Does anyone have any doubts?”

Kenji looked around the class.

Suddenly, a child with a bubbly personality raised her hand and asked, “Sir, when will be learning ninjutsu?”

“Hana Inazuka, isn’t it?”

“Do you know my name?”

The child was amazed when Kenji recognised her.

“I know every one of my students. And to answer your question, after you learn how to manipulate chakra, you will be taught the four basic ninjutsu, the transformation jutsu, the clone jutsu, the body flicker jutsu and the substitution jutsu. After learning these jutsus you can graduate from the academy.”

“Only four jutsus. That will be easy. I will be the first to graduate from the academy.”

Hana proudly raised her head before saying. The tiny figure for a moment looked awe-inspiring.

“Of course, if you learn everything early, you graduate from the academy by taking a test. But the test includes all the subjects, not just ninjutsu.”

Kenji said with a smile. But deep down, he knew that it was not that easy a task.

He too was once a student of the academy. So, he knew how difficult it was to perform these three jutsus with the chakra level of a child. Without proper chakra quantity and control, even performing a single jutsu will be difficult.

Hana sat down after hearing the answer.

Meanwhile, the rest of the children’s eyes glowed.

Early graduation.

Bringing honour to their parents.

Being praised as geniuses.

These thoughts filled their mind.

At the same time, the one who was most thrilled about hearing Kenji’s words was Itachi. His moody face brightened, and his eyes sparkled when he heard they could graduate early.

But his reason for graduating was entirely different from everyone else's.

He simply wanted to become a genin and promptly begin participating in missions to assist the village. There was no self-interest in his objective; it was all for the sake of the village.

The only one who was not bothered by the graduation talks was Kai. His mind was already set in stone. He had no thought of graduating early.

“Today is your first day at school. So, we can end the classes early after teaching you methods to manipulate chakra.”

That day, the children were taught the leaf concentration method. But it was only useful for the commoners, the rest had already learned about chakra control from their clans.

Kai noted down the important information and began to plan for the future.

The class ended shortly and everyone returned home.

Kai went home after the class and was now chopping onions in his kitchen. He was preparing a simple meal.

As an orphan, he didn't have the money to eat out every day.

The money he had was what he inherited from his parents. And it didn't amount to much due to them buying a considerably large house in the village.

So, he had to be careful with his expenditure.

‘A lot of bad things will happen in the future. At some point, even the entire leaf village would get blasted off into oblivion.

‘Trying to live a peaceful life was pointless.

‘I needed to prepare.’ Kai thought as he chopped up an onion.

He manoeuvred the kitchen knife skillfully as he massacred the onion.

Even when cooking, Kai’s mind was focused on the future.

His brain was going into full prepper mode as if he was almost ready to make underground nuclear bunkers and hoard food in case of emergencies.

But, fortunately, he could reign in his thoughts.

Then, he began to slowly recall all the important events that would happen in the future.

His memories were blurry.

He had seen the show Naruto about a decade ago. So, he couldn't recall everything exactly.

‘Third ninja war is over. Nine tails attacked the village and Naruto was born.’

That was the information he had about the timeline he was living in.

‘I am six years old and am older than the Naruto’s generation.’

‘I am also in the same class as Itachi Uchiha.’

By clearly thinking about the current events, he began to have a grasp of what was about to happen.

‘The events of the series begin when Naruto passes the academy exams. That will be a decade later.’

‘But a lot more would happen before that.’

‘For example, the defection of Orochimaru, the Uchiha clan massacre, and the kidnapping of Hinata.etc.’

‘The first important event would be the kidnapping incident of Hinata.’

Hinata Hyuga, the firstborn child of the Hyuga clan patriarch, would be kidnapped by the envoy ninjas of the hidden cloud, who came to sign a peace treaty.

The cloud village had always wanted the dojutsu of the leaf. And they couldn't target the strong Uchiha clan. So, they targeted the relatively weaker Hyugas.

But the kidnapping would fail. Hinata’s father would kill the envoy in the process. Then a bunch of nonsensically random things would happen and Neji’s father, Hizashi, would get sacrificed in the process and his corpse sent to the cloud.

The cloud actually wanted the current head of the Hyuga, Hiashi, to die and get his corpse.

Due to the practice of using a caged bird seal on all branch members of the clan, that would deactivate byakugan upon death, only by getting their hand on the main family member could they get a working byakugan.

*Sigh*

Kai sighed thinking about it.

‘What was the third hokage even thinking? Is he even sane?’

‘And what’s with Hizashi giving his life up for peace.’

‘Just because of another ninja village’s demand, they were doing something so extreme.’

‘Will of fire was damn good at doing its job.’

*Chill*

A chill went down Kai's spine. Maybe in the future, he might even be sacrificed by the third Hokage for the betterment of the village.

Kai feared for his life at that moment.

There was no absolute safety in the village.

‘Should I try saving Hizashi? I can use that as a test case to know if I can change the future.’

‘Maybe Hizashi would be useful in the future.’

15