Chapter 2 – A New World
354 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bright rays of sunlight cut through my blurry vision, most of which was obscured by shades of green. My forehead was throbbing, throwing my senses into a loop. I couldn’t hear anything for a brief while. Everything was so confusing.

Where was I?

I squeezed my eyes trying to clear my vision, focusing on the sunlight that appeared to be penetrating my ceiling. It took a good few seconds for it to clear up. But when it did, I realized that I was staring into a canopy. Where the hell did a canopy come from?

The throbbing pain between my eyes cleared up and seconds later, I began to hear birds chirping and rustling of leaves. That is wrong too. I live in the dead center of a bustling city. I don’t remember the last time I heard birds chirping.

I finally could feel my body. It was a strange feeling. I felt like myself and at the same time, I felt different. Chills from the cool breeze sent shivers up my spine. I snapped back into what I thought was reality, sitting up straight. Looking around, I found myself surrounded by countless trees in all directions.

Seriously. Where the fuck was I?

Something moved beside me and when I looked to my left, I saw a woman sleeping on the grass. She was naked too. I recognized this woman. I leaned in and took another look at her face. It was! It was Urvashi. But her body looked very different. Hang on. I proceeded to observe my body and realized that even my body had changed. Quite drastically, might I add.

“Urvi! Urvi!” I called out to her as I shook her by her shoulder.

She groaned. Thank God. She was alive.

“Wake up!” I said.

“What now? Let me sleep...” Suddenly her eyes snapped open. She immediately sat upright and began looking around her with wide eyes. “What? Where? Where the fuck are we?” She exclaimed.

“I don’t know.”

“Why are we in a forest?” She asked.

“I don’t know.”

“How did we get here?” She asked again.

“I really don’t know!”

She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face. “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I am as clueless as you are!” I replied.

She grunted as she stood up. I followed, pushing myself off the ground with great difficulty. She walked around a bit, observing the forest before turning back to me. As soon as she did, she stepped back with a slightly shocked expression on her face. The expression melted into a slight grin as her eyes examined my body.

“Well... you are looking...” She almost choked on her own words.

“Speak for yourself,” I replied.

She began feeling herself, analyzing with her palms. She looked down at her inflated breasts before looking back at me and asking, “Am I taller?”

“And a lot leaner... and fitter,” I replied.

There was a wide smile on her face. “Seriously. What the fuck happened?”

I shook my head and replied, “I have no clue.”

“Ahem.”

Urvi jumped into the air and spun around. Behind was a girl, I think. She was short, about four feet tall, and looked very young. As she stepped forward, Urvi stepped back, until she stood by my side.

The stranger had a very serious look on her face. She analyzed us both with her large purple eyes before scribbling down something on the pad she was holding. She wore a pale violet tunic and dark purple pants, with a blackish coat on top. Her ashen hair was tied up and tucked under a cone hat which was, as you guessed, purple. The girl is at least consistent.

“I see you managed to pull your mother as well in here. But why are you both naked?” she asked.

Oh no.

I felt my heart swell with embarrassment. Looking at Urvi, I saw her smiling awkwardly with a pink blush lighting up her cheeks. She isn’t afraid to think dirty.

“No. No. You got it wrong! She is not my mother,” I said.

“Hmm...” the girl looked curiously.

“She is my... she is my...” I stammered.

“I am his friend. Close friend,” Urvi answered.

“Hmm...” The girl’s face turned serious again. “Very well.” She snapped her fingers and out of the blue, I found my hip and legs wrapped in white loincloth.

Urvi looked no different, except she also had a band of cloth running around her chest, barely holding her breasts in.

“That is all?” Urvi asked.

“For now.” She began scribbling something on the pad again. “My name is Faeren. I am a silver fairy and a devoted servant of Lord Baeton and I am here to help you take your first steps in this world.” She had a childlike voice as well.

“Speaking of which, where are we exactly?” Urvi asked, placing her hands on her hips.

“You are in Terra Silva, land of the sacred groove,” she said.

“What is that? I never heard of it and how did we even get here?” Urvi asked again.

She looked at us a bit suspiciously, like we were already supposed to know all of this. “You don’t know how you got here? Traveler’s amnesia, I guess.” She put down her arms and began, “You are in Nova Fantasia. The illustrious world of magic. There are many ways to get here.” She looked at the pad and then back at us. “Since you are from Earth, 2022, I suspect you were bought here by a video game portal.”

Yes. I remember now. It was that strange game on my console.

“That stupid game! Now I remember! What was that thing? It sucked us into the TV. How is that even possible?” Urvi exclaimed.

“Fantasia is a magic world created by the gods. A realm between worlds where people are invited to exercise their will and live the life of their dreams. A select few, chosen by fate arrive in this world,” she explained.

“Why? What is the purpose?” I asked.

“That is something for them to decide. The path you forge will shape destiny and lead you to the land of glory.”

Her words echoed loudly in my mind, filling my chest with warmth and excitement.

“So, where exactly is this land of glory?” Urvi asked as she wrapped her arms around her breasts.

Oh, for god’s sake. She was just speaking in metap...

“It is far, very far up north. You must forge a path through several lands before you reach it,” she replied.

“Wait. It is an actual place?” I asked. I looked back at Urvi with a puzzled look on my face. She shrugged casually.

“That is the whole point of this trial,” Faeren said.

“Wait. Trial?” I asked.

“Yes... I am sorry. But did you or did you not read the terms of engagement before coming here?” she asked.

Terms? Of engagement??  I turned to look at Urvi, but she was already looking at me with a terrified expression on her face.

I turned back to face Faeren and asked, “Say. How can we get back to our world?”

“Hmm... you can’t. You accepted to come here and not return,” she answered.

“What?” Urvi and I exclaimed in unison.

“This must be a joke! I must go back!” Urvi said. I could hear the tremble in her voice.

“Why? As far as I have heard Earth is a terrible place,” she said.

Urvi shut her eyes and bowed her head, trying to hold herself back from exploding. “I just have to...” She said, her voice trailed off.

I observed her more closely. Drops of tears formed on her eyelashes as she swallowed hard.

“Sorry. No one can leave once they arrive here,” she replied.

“What happens when you reach the land of glory?” I asked, turning to her.

“It is known by all as the land of the gods, but beyond that only those who have been there can answer your question.”

“Where are they now?” I asked.

“Most roam the land for free. You will run into one of them as you venture out,” she explained.

Urvi shook her head and straightened up. “Forget about it. That life is gone now. Time to start fresh.” She had a broken smile on her face. Her cheeks had turned pink and thin streams of tears still rolled down over them. She wiped them away sniffling hard.

“Urvi...” I said.

“Right then. Shall we continue?” I asked.

“Say,” Urvi interrupted. “You look pretty young. Why does your lord hire someone so young?”

“Oh wait!” I said. “I got this. You see. She looks young. But in reality, she is hundreds of years old.” I wore a cheeky smile on my face to show that I was up to date with the absurdity we are in right now.

“I am seven hundred and eighty-three years old, to be precise,” Faeren answered.


Hi all,

Please do leave your comments and review. It will help me keep writing.

If you like what you read, you can support me on my patreon

16