Part 3
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there, readers! I really thought that this latest installment was going to be the last part of this story... but, well, apparently I still have some more story left to pull out... oh well! I hope that you enjoy it! And be sure to leave a comment or a review letting me know what you think!

 

 

Security Breach: Extended Family (Part 3)

 

by

 

Elite Shade

 

"Twenty-one, twenty-two, and lastly, twenty-three! That's a lot of stitches, Sunshine! But you were such a champ for me, you get a special treat," Sun said, a bright and excited smile on their face as they expertly tied off the final stitch. Rex looked at his hand, which was still sore, but thankfully no longer bleeding.

 

"Uhm... th-thank you, Sun... also... I'm sorry for tying your arms and legs into a knot." Rex looked away, blushing.

 

"Think nothing of it." Sun ruffled Rex's hair, offering him a bright orange lollipop with his free hand, which the boy reluctantly took.

 

"It was pretty awesome!" Gregory's voice almost made Rex jump. Looking at the other boy who had seemingly popped out of nowhere, Rex started to feel even more awkward. He was not used to speaking with other kids his age. "You were jumping and rolling over tables like it was an action movie, swinging from palm branches like you were in the jungle! I didn't think they'd ever catch you!"

 

"Gregory, that was unsafe behavior, mister! Rex could've gotten a lot more hurt than just a little cut!" Sun wagged a finger in the boy's face. Gregory didn't respond, other than to roll his brown eyes.

 

"A-actually, that must've happened when I was... trying to shove Bonnie off the platform and onto the chair in the cylinder. He had a lot of jagged broken bits..." Rex looked a bit sheepish.

 

"Well, we're all happy that you found and fixed him up!" Sun looked like he wanted to jump for joy, his extendo legs briefly coiling up right before he did just that.

 

"It is nice to know that he's back, after being missing for all these months..." Moon's voice spoke through the speaker on Sun.

 

"Absolutely!" Eclipse's voice, while not as energetic as Sun's, was still filled with excitement.

 

"Why did you keep running?" Cassie asked, looking down at the plush Roxy she was hugging. "I mean, Roxy was only angry because she thought I was hurt. But when they found us, she calmed right down."

 

"... There are... stories... about the pizzaplex that makes it sound... scary, after hours," Rex explained, looking around where they were presently sitting in the daycare. They were all seated around a short plastic table, Sun being comically too large for the one they were occupying. "And I thought... they were gunna hurt me... or something."

 

"Awww, Sunshine," Sun said, pulling all three of the kids into a hug thanks to their extendo arms. "There's nothing to be worried about here! We're all gunna make sure that you all are safe and sound! Now, who wants to go play hide and seek in the ball pit?"

 

Elsewhere in the building, another sit-down was taking place.

 

"So..." Freddy said, rubbing the back of his head. He, Bonnie, Roxy, Chica, and Monty were sitting around one of the larger tables in the food court.

 

"So..." Roxanne continued, looking as uncomfortable as the bear was. Every time she looked up, she saw Chica and Monty looking at them, their arms crossed, and looking disapprovingly at the two of them.

 

"So... the secret's out!" Bonnie said, his voice chipper. "The big blue bunny's back in action!"

 

"Bonnie," Chica said, giving him a smile, "we're all happy to have you back."

 

"Well duh!" Roxanne's tail started to wag. "We thought you got decommissioned or something!"

 

"Where even were ya?" Monty asked, peering over the rim of his glasses.

 

"I--We looked all over for you..." Freddy said, looking distraught.

 

"Aww, I know you guys did. Heck, I even tried to get your attention a few times," Bonnie said with a chuckle and a wink. At that moment, a large group of wet floor sign bots rolled up and began to jump up and down, all in perfect sync with the big blue bunny's twitching whiskers.

 

"Wait... you're connected ta the floor bots?!" Monty asked, his jaw dropping. "I thought they was just glitchin' out 'er somethin', 'specially when they kept trying to lead us to Bonnie Bowl!"

 

"Well, that's where I was, actually. In a secret back room that wasn't on the blueprints for the pizza plex in my system, and I'm guessing that it's in none of yours either. In fact, thanks to all the exploring I did through the floor bots, I was able to find a bunch of areas not included in the blueprints."

 

Bonnie digitally sent a copy of the 3D map he made to the general bot chat.

 

"That is very... odd," Freddy said, scratching his chin.

 

"I'll say! Why, it looks like this whole place is twice as big as it should be! And not just because of all these tunnels either!" Chica examined the different areas closely. "Is that a big empty pool?"

 

"Yup! I think it's a waterpark attraction that got scrubbed for some reason." Bonnie smiled.

 

Sun: Oh my goodness! That explains why all those warehouse-looking buildings were built so close to us! I TOLD Moony that they were touching the pizza plex!

 

Moon: Hey, you can't blame me for being a little skeptical. Especially after a certain someone's little freak out about the real moon falling out of orbit!

 

Sun: I swear it looked so much closer than the other times we got to see it!

 

Eclipse: Now, Moon, it was an honest mistake.

 

"Oh, Eclipse, how are the kids doing?" Freddy asked aloud, his message still getting sent as a text to the chat.

 

Eclipse: Well, now that Rex's hand injury has been cleaned, and stitched up, he, Gregory, and Cassie all started talking, with us making sure that they were comfortable and safe.

 

Moon: Don't worry, we're keeping an eye on the troublemaker...

 

"Hey now," Bonnie interjected, putting his hands on his hips. "My Hopstar is a good kid! He only hid and ran because he was frightened."

 

Sun: I think Moony was referring to Gregory...

 

Moon: Yup.

 

"Hey! My Superstar is wonderful. He can be a little mischievous, but he's been respecting the boundaries I've started to set with him... for the most part." Freddy sounded indignant, much to the amusement of the other bots. "Even if he did sneak out of my room earlier tonight..."

 

"I think we've gotten off topic here," Chica said with a chuckle. She turned back to Bonnie. "Bon-Bon, I reviewed the security camera footage from when Rex wheeled you into the cylinder. I saw... how badly damaged you were... how did that happen?"

 

Bonnie's ears drooped as he slumped down a bit.

 

"It was the security guard..."

 

"Rex?" Monty asked, earning him a roll of Roxy's eyes.

 

"Vanessa," she said.

 

"Yeah... she got me alone in a back room of the bowling alley, and tricked me into entering the hidden door. There, she put on that weird bunny costume... and a pair of gloves that I think were made from some spare claws for Monty. Then she attacked me. She sounded... confused. Actually... it was like she was talking to herself... in two different voices. One of them was sobbing and apologizing, saying she couldn't stop him."

 

"Him?" Roxy asked.

 

"Glitchtrap... or, I think that's what she kept calling the second voice. That one said that there were one too many bunnies here in the pizza plex... It... was scary..." Bonnie stopped and looked down to see that Freddy had taken one of his hands into his own. His ears perking back up a bit while he and the bear shared a smile.

 

"What's important is that you're back."

 

"And that Vanessa ain't returnin'!" Monty smirked, his tail thumping a bit on the tiled floor.

 

Sunny: There's something else that's really important we need to talk about!

 

Eclipse: Gregory, Cassie, and Rex.

 

Moon: What are we gunna do with all of them?

 

"What do you mean? We'll keep them and give them a safe place to live," Freddy stated simply, with Bonnie smiling and nodding along.

 

"I think it's a little more complicated than that, Fred." Monty snorted. Chica took that moment to suddenly stand up and slam her palms onto the table, startling everyone.

 

"Yeah! I want to know just how many more children are living here in secret!"

 

"Cheeks..." Roxy sighed.

 

"No! It's not fair!" The chicken started to pout and stamped a foot. "You all get cute special little ones to take care of, but we don't?! And what about Sun/Moon/Eclipse? Or DJ?!"

 

"Uh..." Bonnie and Freddy found themselves and each other to be completely at a loss for words.

 

"That's just 'cause we're not as irresponsible as those three, Chica," Monty said with a chuckle, trying to adjust his shades to look cool... only to realize that they weren't on his face any longer. "Now where'd my glasses get to?"

 

As he was looking around, a little arm reached up from the side of the table, holding the star-shaped sunglasses up for everyone to see.

 

"Sorry, Papa Monty, I thought they looked so pretty," a very young voice piped up. Into the gator's lap crawled a little girl, her bright blonde hair in pigtails. She was wearing a set of Monty-themed footie pajamas, the gator hood down, allowing the others to see the big and bright grin on her face as she settled herself onto his lap, looking up in adoration. The left sleeve was rolled up, displaying a pink cast on her arm.

 

"Aw, that's okay, Princess. But ya gotta remember ta ask first..." Monty trailed off as he looked up, seeing the other bots staring at him. Roxanne was the first to recover.

 

"So, what was that about not being as irresponsible as us?" She smirked, internally cooing at how cute the little girl was.

 

"Seriously?! Even Monty?" Chica let out a sad squawk, and sat back down with a huff. "Sunny, Moony, Eclipsey, please don't tell me that you have a secret child to take care of? What about you DJ?"

 

Above them, a giant gloved hand descended, and made a thumbs down, before it quickly retreated.

 

Moon: Of course not! We have so many to take care of in the day that we practically get swarmed!

 

Sun: OOOOH! Does this mean we can have one, or three, now too?!

 

Moon: No!

 

Eclipse: We'll see...

 

Moon: Eclipse!

 

Sun: YAY!

 

The bots continued to stare at Monty.

 

"Well... what was I supposed ta do?! Amy here needed someone ta look after her!" He said this with such a straight face.

 

"Okay... so that makes four children we've got running around here under our care," Roxy said, tapping one of her perfectly manicured claws to her chin. "I know that Cassie needs me because she doesn't have anywhere else to go while her Dad is... well... down for the time being..."

 

"And Gregory has nowhere else to go."

 

"Which means that just contacting their parents or local police is out of the question." Monty wrapped both arms around Amy, pulling her into a gentle hug. "My little swamp princess here ain't goin' anywhere, by the way!"

 

"I take it that she... doesn't have very many options either?" Freddy asked, his mechanical heart breaking at the thought. While it may be a part of his programming, Freddy, like the others, loved children. And the thought alone of a child with no one to watch over them... It was just something he couldn't stand to think about.

 

"Yeah..." Monty looked down at Amy, flashing her a warm smile. Amy reached up and poked his snout, giggling at the face he made.

 

"So... we're keeping them for sure?" Chica asked, no longer sulking, but instead looking ecstatic.

 

"You better believe it, Cheeks," Roxy said with a smirk. The white chicken let out a happy squawk.

 

"Still, that means we need ta come up with some kind of plan. I mean, with just Rex... or whenever he was pretendin' ta be, bein' the only human staff at night, that makes things simple. But in the daytime, there's a lot more human staff. They see the same four children runnin' around, they're liable ta get suspicious!" Monty set Amy onto his shoulders into a piggyback ride.

 

"I think so long as it isn't every day, it should be okay. I mean, we get plenty of regulars who show up multiple times a week... but yeah, not every day we're open," Chica said, looking thoughtful.

 

"Still, I decided to put Gregory on a sleep schedule where his bedtime is shortly before opening. That way he sleeps through the days, and we can spend more time with each other at night!" Freddy looked proud of himself.

 

"I'm doing the same with Cassie, actually. It took a little getting used to for her, but I think it's safe to say that she's nocturnal."

 

"Hehe, just like her Mama Wolf," Monty snarked as he felt Amy play around with the fiery red mullet that came with his upgrade. He hoped she wouldn't try to put any more bows or scrunchies in it.

 

Moon; But what about school? If the kids are going to be staying, they still need a proper education...

 

Sun: Oh! We can all take turns teaching them things from books at the Faz-Library!

 

Eclipse: We certainly can do that... buuuut, maybe we should look into some kind of long distance learning? There's plenty of spare laptops in storage, it shouldn't be too hard to get them enrolled!

 

"Great Idea, Eclipse!" Bonnie smiled, excited by the whole idea. "Of course, that still leaves things like checkups and dentist visits, making sure they're eating right, and so much more with childcare!"

 

"Don't forget, my programming makes me a nutrition expert! I'll make sure all of our little chicks are eating something healthier than just pizza and soda and candy!" Chica looked proud to contribute.

 

"Don't forget that Sun, Moon, and Eclipse are all programmed and updated with the latest in both pediatric care, but also basic and advanced first aid." Roxanne pointed this out, her tail starting up wagging again, feeling excitement coursing through her circuits at the idea that they were actually doing this, that Cassie and the others could really stay with them.

 

"That still leaves the issue of where they're all going to be sleeping though," Freddy said, scratching his head and frowning. "It has to be somewhere that the human staff don't go, even on accident, but also not somewhere that the kids would be trapped in, in case there was an emergency. Gregory's been sleeping in a small work space in the area behind my room. Unfortunately, the human janitor who does a daily sweep has almost had a few close calls, almost entering through the wrong door..."

 

"Yeah, again same here, Freddy," Roxy said, crossing her arms to think. "I thought about having Cassie sleep in the daycare during the day, but I wasn't sure Sun, Moon, and Eclipse would be open to the idea of Cassie staying here, plus those human daycare assistants would probably get pretty suspicious after awhile too."

 

"I set Amy up in a little unused observation deck above Gator Golf. I put an out of order sign on it and everything." Monty reached up and started to tickle Amy's sides. "It's a little sparse, but it gets the job done."

 

"I think I can help in this department," Bonnie said, again bringing up the map in the group chat. He highlighted around twenty different areas in the "new" section of the map in bright green. "These spots are all rooms that after going through company records, I can safely say have been completely forgotten. Thanks to that and how well they're camouflaged, none of the current employees even know that they exist! I doubt they'd even know how to get in even if they did!"

 

"Wait a minute... with these rooms, Bon-Bon... our little chickies can each have one! A special little space all their own! They can even be decorated!" Chica was bouncing with joy in her seat, prompting a smile and tail wag from Roxy. "And we'll even have some spares, so I can have a secret child to adopt too!"

 

"Chica!" Roxy sighed, shaking her head, but never once losing her smile as she watched the chicken animatronic continue to gush about all the possibilities, her tail wagging even faster when they bumped elbows. On the other side of the table, Bonnie realized that Freddy was still holding his hand, and looked over to the orange bear, taking in just how soft both of their faux fur actually was. Freddy smiled at the blue bunny, feeling as though a missing internal component of his chest had been reinstalled.

 

"Are they gunna start all kissing?" Amy asked, excited by the prospect. Monty let out a low rumbling chuckle as he watched all his friends suddenly freeze-frame and blush.

 

"Of course, Princess."

 

"MONTY!!!" A chorus of voices shouted at the still-snickering gator, yanking all four back to the here and now. It was then that Freddy remembered another subject that he still was having trouble understanding.

 

"Wait a second... I think we have one more issue to discuss," he said, reluctantly letting go of Bonnie's hand.

 

"What is it, Freddy?" Chica asked.

 

"It's about Rex... according to my guest profile... he's nine-years-old?" Freddy turned to look at Bonnie, who happily nodded.

 

"He'll be turning ten next month! OH! I already have some plans for his birthday!"

 

"Cassie will be turning eleven soon too! She's gunna be my number one, twice!" Roxanne's tail was a spinning helicopter blade of joy.

 

"I'm sure that they are going to have so much fun... but, I'm still confused about something."

 

"Yeah, Fred?" Monty plucked Amy off his shoulders and set her back on his knee, certain he could feel a bow on the back of his mullet again.

 

"How did a nine-year-old get hired on as our Night Security Guard?" Freddy watched as his friends all paused, seemingly considering the question.

 

"Huh... that's actually a good question." Roxanne tapped her claws on the table.

 

"Well, he did have that fake mustache, and those lifts in his shoes!" Chica offered, though not sounding very sure of herself.

 

"And he's always been big for his age!" Bonnie chimed in, sounding proud.

 

"Yeah, but still, he's got a guest profile... huh, why are the files about his parents flagged and locked?" Monty was surprised while searching the system for more info about their miniature night guard.

 

"That's... odd," Bonnie said, frowning.

 

"And never a good sign." Roxanne's wagging tail slowed down when she saw the locked files herself.

 

"Usually it's because of some legal dispute... or because law enforcement had to be involved... per company policy... the unofficial one." Freddy looked down at that.

 

"We can find out about that later. But now that we're on the subject, we do need to know how it happened... because if it gets discovered, then the company will bring in someone new. Someone who might notice and report kids here at night!" Amy let out a little whimper as she heard the worry in Monty's voice. The gator looked down at the little girl in his lap and smiled, pulling her into a slightly tighter hug. "Don't worry, Princess, we're on the case."

 

"Maybe a big hug from Auntie Chica could help?" Chica looked hopefully at Monty, who let out a 'HMMPH' and turned his nose up, hugging her closer. Chica huffed and pouted.

 

"Well... we could ask him." Roxy rolled her eyes at having to state the obvious, with the other four readily agreeing.

 

Putting the table and chairs back, lest Freddy give another lecture about cleaning up after themselves, the animatronics headed over to the daycare. Entering, they all stopped and watched as Rex, Gregory, and Cassie were all giggling and playing a game of hide and seek with Sun, who was clearly pretending not to notice where each of them were. Feeling Amy wriggling in his grasp, Monty knelt down and let her go running off to join the other kids, who seemed surprised by her presence.

 

"Oh?" Sun said, leaning down to beam at Amy. "It looks like we've got a new friend to play with! Hello there, Sundrop!"

 

Realizing that they were being watched, Rex got up and adjusted his admittedly ill-fitting uniform. In hindsight, to the assembled bots, it should have been obvious how young he was.

 

"Hey, Hopstar," Bonnie said, kneeling down and holding his arms wide open. Rex seemed to debate with himself internally, before rushing into the big bunny's embrace. "How's your hand?"

 

"F-fine," Rex said, feeling nervous about so many electronic eyes being on him.

 

"That's good. We'll be sure to check on it regularly to make sure that it heals up just right. But, right now, we really need to know how you became a security guard for the pizza plex."

 

Rex gulped and looked up into Bonnie's eyes. "I-if I tell you... y-you won't tell anyone, will you?"

 

"I promise," Bonnie said. "We only need to know... so that we can make sure that the company doesn't find out."

 

"Really?" Rex was surprised. "Okay..."

 

"Didja hack into the servers?" Gregory asked, suddenly appearing right next to them.

 

"You like sneaking up on people, dontcha?" Rex asked, getting a smile and a vigorous nod in return.

 

"Yup!"

 

"Now, now, Superstar," Freddy said while scooping Gregory up into his arms, "it's not nice to sneak up on people like that."

 

"It was actually really easy to do," Rex started to explain, after Bonnie and the others took a seat cross-legged in a circle next to the large doors to the daycare. Gregory was sitting in Freddy's lap. and Cassie in Roxy's. Amy let out a big yawn as she sat nestled in Sun's arms, with Monty glaring at the sunny daycare attendant.

 

"I... couldn't go home..."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Gregory!" Cassie chastised her friend.

 

"What?"

 

"Why can't you?" Rex reflexively asked, receiving a backrub that caused him to flinch at first.

 

"Oh... gotcha..." Gregory looked away at that, getting a hug from Freddy.

 

"So, I came here looking for... some place warm to sleep... and I snuck in... I hid near one of the security booths that were empty, and saw a flier that the pizza plex was looking for a new security guard to work nights. It said to fill out an application with the Hiring Bot. And I remembered that the last time I was here, a bunch of the S.T.A.F.F. bots acted weird when those kids stuck magnets to them... it made a bunch of them do whatever the kids said... so I got one of those purple hippo magnets and slapped it on the Hiring Bot in that little closet space it lives in, right after it shoved a paper application in my face."

 

Rex recalled how the bot kept repeating 'Please take an app... lication.'

 

"And that worked?" Roxy asked, bewildered.

 

"Not really that shocking when ya think about it," Monty said. After thinking on it a minute, Roxanne had to agree, as did the others who nodded along.

 

"Anyways, it took a few tries, and I had to get it to start over a few times, but I got an application submitted."

 

"And I take it that this one maaaay have not been entirely truthful?" Roxy asked, a chuckle in her voice. She found that despite the headache his running around had caused them, she was liking the kid and his ingenuity.

 

"Uh... I might have stretched the truth a little... like my age... and my qualifications... and so I got hired on the spot." Rex rubbed his arm and looked away, causing Chica to coo.

 

"Then I... borrowed some lifts for my shoes and a fake mustache from the dress-up box here in the daycare... and so I had a place to go at night. A place where I could be safe... and a place where... maybe I could find Bonnie..." That earned him a hug and a bounce in the blue bunny's arms.

 

"D-do I have to leave? PLEASE DON'T CALL MY HOME!!!" The sudden panic in his voice had all the bots concerned.

 

"Woah there," Roxanne held up her hands, "no one's going to be calling anyone!"

 

"Actually, Hopstar, but we are going to be finding you each your own rooms. If you want." Bonnie was beaming down at the boy in his arms, rubbing his back soothingly, and making a mental note every time he saw him wince with each rub.

 

"Really?!" Cassie looked up at Roxy with wide, practically sparkling eyes.

 

"Really, Rockstar," she said, giving Cassie a hug.

 

Excited about the idea of helping Rex set up his own room, Bonnie's ears twitched as they picked up the faintest of whimpers when he pulled Rex in for a tighter hug. That plus the wincing from rubbing his back prompted an alert to pop up in Bonnie's HUD.

 

Potentially Injured Child!

 

Worried, and not thinking, Bonnie pulled up the back of Rex's uniform shirt for a quick inspection.

 

"H-hey!" Rex whined, twisting to see Bonnie's eyes going wide as the animatronic bunny froze.

 

"What's the matter, Bonnie?" Freddy asked, concern filling his voice.

 

"... What happened to you, Hopstar?" Bonnie asked, his ears drooping, turning the boy in his arms to look him in the eye. Chica let out a gasp now that Rex's back was visible to them, right before his shirt fell back down. But she had seen the scars, and the bruises, as did all the others. Roxy had to restrain herself from letting out a growl, while Monty just stared in open-mouthed shock. Freddy sat there, silent, his arms gently, but firmly, tightening around his Superstar. Sun stood there, frozen.

 

"D-did th-that happen when you ran from us?" Moon's voice asked, Sun presently being unresponsive.

 

Looking at everyone with tears in his eyes, Rex quickly swiped at his face and shook his head.

 

"N-no... I just... I c-can't go home..." He let out a sniff as the tears started to flow freely down his cheeks. It was then that he jumped in Bonnie's lap. Looking down, he saw little Amy giving him a hug. She didn't say anything, just hugged him tight, sometimes sneaking glances at her cast. Surprising Roxy, Cassie got up and walked over to also join in on the hug.

 

"Don't worry. We're safe here," Cassie said, giving Rex a reassuring smile.

 

"Y-yeah!" Gregory chimed in, definitely not wiping at his own eyes or sniffling a little. "Freddy and everyone won't let anything happen to us!"

 

"That's right, Superstar!" Freddy said, resting his chin on the boy's head. He shared a quick look with the rest of the animatronics. If there had been any doubt about taking care of the children, it was now long gone. Even without using the chat, he could see the determination in each of their electronic eyes. These were their kids now, and no one was ever going to hurt them again.

 

Part 4 will be coming! Right after the fourth chapters for my other stories The Key and Animal Kingdom Come!

1