Volume 03 Chapter 84.
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 03 Chapter 84.

"Lord Cain!!"

Guided by Wagner, Neil, having defeated the new queen ant, Alice, sped back to Lord Cain's side in a steam-powered automobile.

What met his eyes was Lord Cain, impaled through the chest, and Lady Vigna, the mining ant, battered all over with cracks running through her body.

This won't do...

Neil, having been on the battlefield numerous times as a soldier, could tell by the location of Cain's wound and the amount of blood gushing out that it was dire. He accelerated further, ramming into the mining ant.

"Uwaaaa!! Wagner, help him!"

"Understood!"

Uproarious impacts brought the steam car to a halt. The mining ant had intercepted their assault. The tires screeched as Wagner leaped out, attempting to evacuate Cain.

"Grrr!!"

"He'll be fine! It doesn't have the luxury to attack you right now."

Neil shouted as the mining ant glared at Wagner. It knew well the consequences if it were to release its grip now.

Thus, it stared down, exuding intimidation.

After confirming Wagner's momentary hesitation before he scooped up Cain, Neil reversed the steam car.

Unexpectedly, the mining ant, which had been focusing its efforts on them, faltered.

"Take this!"

As the disoriented mining ant struggled to regain its balance, shots from the steam car were fired, hitting its body with pellets, causing blood to splatter and it to be blown away.

Yes, blood splattered.

Normally, the mining ant, having absorbed super mithril alloy, might have endured it. But the mining ant's exterior, battered from the battle with Cain, was already at its limit.

"How's that...?"

Neil, maintaining vigilance to act at any moment, aimed within range. The mining ant twitched and writhed, then eventually ceased all movement.

"It's down... Is Cain alright?"

"He's still breathing, but I don't know. The bleeding won't stop!"

Neil, confirming their victory, along with Wagner, loaded Cain onto the vehicle and headed towards the town. Despite being an irksome fellow, he was a comrade fought alongside.

Please survive...

With that thought in mind, they drove the steam car onward.

0