Volume 03 Chapter 92.
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 03 Chapter 92.

"At long last, returned 'ave we..."

"Seemed a right lengthy expedition, it did... Nonetheless, amidst our skirmish with the Mine Ants, I've discerned areas for further refinement of the magical gunblade. Must promptly report to Bowman."

"Hehe, indeed, this venture proved arduous, yet I believe we've gleaned much."

Thus, having rescued Duer, we found ourselves back in Asgard after quite some time. Through the steam car's window, the imposing figure of Lord Grace came into view.

Regarding Duer's aftermath, it seems discussions are to be held in Vermilion's capital. I anticipate meeting the Old Man and the Elder Brother once more; a tad dreary prospect, yet Alvis is also slated to attend, so it won't be entirely one-sided.

"Ah, Lord Grace!! Welcome back. Seems the item in question made it back unscathed, which is a relief."

"Oh, Noah... Wait, have the Golem units multiplied?"

"Hehehe, indeed, albeit modestly, some have become proficient in Golem manipulation. Isn't this training Golem adorable?"

Noah, having instructed several promising individuals in Golem control, seemed to be making progress with their training, currently seen maneuvering a canine-shaped Golem. Rumor had it that quadrupeds were easier to handle than bipeds.

Indeed, rather adorable, akin to pets.

"Wouldn't selling these as pet-type Golems make for a lucrative business?"

"Indeed, Master, a splendid idea akin to that of the Arborean. Lovely, isn't it?"

"Seems like they've got everything in this otherworldly realm. Truly, anything goes..."

Amidst such banter, bidding Noah farewell, we proceeded towards the Lord's mansion, where Galatea greeted us with a satisfied smile upon entering the impeccably cleaned abode.

"Hehe, it seems Noel has been diligently holding the fort even in my absence. I shall reward her later. Well then, it's time for me to return to my duties after this hiatus."

"Indeed, then shall I... accompany Grace? Brought back some souvenirs as well."

"Ah, yes."

Perhaps out of consideration, as Galatea left the room, Vigna and I made our way to the workshop where Bowman would likely be.

"Feeling rather odd..."

"Well, we did save Duer, so there's no problem there. Just a matter of delivering the letters we've been entrusted with and giving a status report."

Repeating these words to myself. I mean, explaining the current situation—that the very nation I was prepared to sacrifice myself to protect had been thoroughly exploited and was on the brink of collapse—takes a bit of courage.

"Indeed... We did save his homeland. Let's present ourselves with pride."

Vigna's encouraging words by my side bolstered me. And as we entered the workshop, we were enveloped in a wave of the distinctive scent of alcohol.

"Reeks of booze!!"

"For heaven's sake, ventilate the place!!"

"Oh, ho, both of ya back already, eh? Sooner than I expected."

There, we found Bowman, thoroughly inebriated from imbibing the bottles of spirits left behind by those who had returned earlier.

0