Volume 03 Chapter 96. Ruby and Edward
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 03 Chapter 96. Ruby and Edward

Brief Synopsis

Lord Grace, who rescued Duel, was overwhelmed by the accumulated work during his absence. In the midst of this, Lord Grace received advice from Mr. Edward, who had arrived, to beware of the "Commercial Union."

"Is this gentleman the dwarf princess?"

"Huh? I am Ruby. Anyway, you should eat quickly. Freshly fried potatoes are the most delicious."

Ignoring Mr. Edward, who exclaimed in surprise, Ruby continued to eat at her own pace. Well, one wouldn't normally expect a princess of a country to be selling goods in a place like this.

Nevertheless, as expected of a seasoned merchant. Mr. Edward immediately put on his sales smile.

"I'll dig in!! I'm sorry, but may I have the opportunity to formally greet you once things settle down?"

"Hmm..."

Ruby hesitated for a moment and looked at us. He must be questioning whether he can trust me.

The answer is... of course, yes. There is no one more suitable than him to do business with Duel. I know he won't cheat or anything like that.

"Oh, Mr. Edward will be fine. Asgard would never have developed this far without meeting him."

"Lord Grace... you praise me too much. It was because your invention was so wonderful that I decided to collaborate with you."

..."

I feel embarrassed when he says things like that... I thought so, and Ruby silently looked at me and Mr. Edward.

Then, after taking a small deep breath, she stopped frying the potatoes and came over to us with a smile.

"If Lord Grace trusts you so much, then there's no problem. Mr. Edward, please come to my mansion another day. We would be delighted to receive hospitality from us dwarves."

"Oh, really!! Thank you very much. Lord Grace, I won't forget this favor."

"Huh...?"

Ruby greeted us by bending one leg back and bending her knee. His gesture was very refined, far more beautiful than any noble lady around.

Wait, can Ruby speak normally?

"Cain taught me manners and etiquette. He said it would definitely be useful when interacting with people someday. So I did my best."

I was surprised, and Ruby whispered proudly and a little sadly in my ear.

That guy Kyle... he really cared about Ruby...

It makes my heart ache a little, but I can't dwell on it forever.

"If you'd like, Lord Grace, please come too. Since I'm inexperienced as a dwarf, having you there would make it smoother for me and my new friend to talk."

"Yes, leave it to me. I'm also happy to see you two become friends."

"Thank you. Lord Grace. I'll follow Mr. Edward for the rest of my life."

Seeing Mr. Edward unusually excited, I think. If things continue like this, it won't just be Asgard. The civilization level of this country will rise even higher. Then there will be more people questioning their fathers' ways.

And so, after parting with Mr. Edward, I returned to the mansion and called out to Noah and Galatea.

"I'm sorry to bother you both when you're busy."

"No, if we can be of service to the master, it's an honor."

"Yes!! And I'm so happy to be with Galatea again after so long!! Ah, it relieves all the stress from work."

Noah, with slight dark circles under his eyes, hugged Galatea, who seemed to readily accept it, perhaps because she understood his fatigue.

Well, they're both doing their best, so it's fine.

"How much do you two know about the 'Commercial Union'?"

"Ah, it's not widely known in Asgard, but it's quite something in other countries. It's one of the top groups within the commercial guild."

"...I see... so they've finally set their sights on here, even though they didn't bother to protect Asgard..."

Galatea's eyes, as she said this, were colder than ever before.

0