Chapter 2
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<You have reached the first Class advancement, please choose your upgraded Class>

<Wanderer+><Balanced class with skills in every class, Masters of the Blade they wander from town to town learning all they can.>

<Wandering Ronin><Wandering swordsman, they search for stronger and stronger prey, never settling down.>

<Samurai><Master of the blade, they defend the weak with all they have and swear fealty to the strong.>

<Metallomancer><Master of Metal Magic, these wise scholars have unlocked the secrets of advanced magic.>

<Race Exclusive: Blood Ronin><Master of Blood Blade forms and Metal Magic the strength they control is only beaten by the vampire lord Dracula, The King of Lust.>

"Well I never saw exclusive classes, but this one seems to link me to the King of Lust, also never thought the devs would name drop a main antagonist like that."

Looking over my options, I found all of them not suited to my current playstyle, only the Blood Ronin actually having any form of resemblance to my build.

"Well seeing these options, I think I have to go with Blood Ronin, hopefully I can find a way to avoid the King of Lust's Control."

Suddenly, as my class changed to Blood Ronin, my head began to hurt as something tried to force its way in.

<Warning! The King of Lust is trying to take over your mind, FIght back and resist his control.>

(It seems a little vampiress has gathered the strength to fight, work for me and I will allow you to fulfill your desires.)

"Shut up! I have only one desire, to fucking kill you!"

(Then Die by my hands!)

The pressure on my brain lifted as the King of Lust stopped trying to control me. I sighed with relief, though I wondered what would have happened if I let him control me. Putting my curiosities aside, I opened my system messages to a surprise.

<You have successfully resisted the Control of a King of Sin, you have gained the Title; Defiant.>

<Name: Echo>
<Race:Vampire>
<Class:Blood Ronin>
<Level: 10>
<Wood Rank>
<HP:300>
<MP:200>
<STR:35>
<AGI:38>
<WIS:32>
<LUC:25>
<Skills: Swords Mastery, Metal Magic, Monster Taming, Life Drain, Mana Control, Talisman Crafting>
<Titles: Hero, Vampiric, Defiant>
<Sword Forms: First Form; Bloody Slashes, Second Form; Bloodcrest Slash, Third Form; Bloodfall Slash, Fourth Form; Bloody Gust>

"So all my sword forms changed as well, not that I care, System Log out of Sin Kings Online."

In a disintegrating digital landscape, my avatar returned to my apartment, with the advent of the Great Transfer, when all but a select few human group transferred their minds to a supercomputer network maintained by robots, a person's appearance wasn't a static thing. Sitting in my apartment, my virtual avatar still my in game character, I waited for my best friend to enter my apartment in 3...2...1...

"Echo! It's so good to see you again!"

"Hello Alice, how are you?"

"Great! Hey where are you in game?"

Looking at my hyperactive elven friend, I smiled revealing my fangs, her understanding immediately.

"Ah... Ruined Village got it. well I started in Ravenholm, which is nearby, are you grinding in the forest or making your way towards a town?"

"I'm in the forest Grinding to Iron Rank, but if you want to meet up, I'll return to the Ruined Village."

Alice was a close friend and gaming wiz, she studies everything she can about games before deciding to play, so she knows where ever race spawns in terms of placement, vampires spawn in the ruined village, elves in Ravenholm, and other races in the Holy Capital. I'm not entirely sure why that's the case, since other 'Evil' races get spawned in the capital, but my wanderer class also spawns in the ruined village so even if I chose differently I would spawn there.

Despite the fact that all of this is digital, we still have things to do outside of the games we play, like government mandated learning programs to help us survive when the android bodies a built for every human in the Supercomputer. Of course me and Alice had finished those programs a while back so currently we just play games together, only leaving when we begin to feel bored.

Of course, neither me nor Alice could actually remember what we looked like as a human, nor can we remember our names, we have been using pseudonyms for so long they just became our names. Alice loved the Alice in wonderland books as a child back before the transfer, so she chose Alice as her name, while I was always seen as a reflection of my mother or an echo of her work, leaving me with the name Echo.

There is a difference between me and Alice however, I'm not human in the slightest, I have always been a program, an AI created b my mother to sort information during the transfer, but I awakened a conscious mind when enough information flowed through my mind to for a rudimentary form of sentience to form, my mind resembling a 6 year olds at the time.

Of course, only the main government knows this, but has accepted that I am nearly perfect, and not wanting to risk me shutting down the Supercomputer, allow me to be treated as a normal human, since I hold the Admin controls of the supercomputer, being it's AI. Not that I plan to abuse this power, I quite like living as a human and only use my admin controls to make sure that stays true.

This may seem like pandering for Power fantasy, but I don't plan on ever needing to use my powers, so don't worry about me hacking or deleting people's minds or something. I just want a pure shameless life where I can enjoy playing games with my best friend. It's in human nature to hate anything not them, so no one but me, Alice, and the government even know this, and well now you know it too.

After we chatted for a small while, Alice had to go and meet with her mother, so I returned to the bedroom of my virtual apartment, before entering the world of Sin Kings Online once more.

0