CHAPTER 1 – PROLOGUE
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rumble

Thunder boomed and lightning lit up the sky. A man’s dazed gaze fell to the flowing river below him. He closed his eyes as he felt the coldness of the rain drenching his clothes, his lips trembled as he let out a sigh.

When did things go so wrong? The man's thoughts drifted as the cold merciless wind screeched in the background. Resentment, regret, self-loathing. All these emotions swirled within the man as he reflected on his life.

Nothing had gone his way since he was born into this world. He was born a bastard child, unloved and unwanted. His only unconditional ally, his mother, beat him, cursed him, and wished he was never born. Deprived of love and affection, the young boy turned to drugs and alcohol years before he came of age. Destroyed emotionally and mentally, his body slowly deteriorated as the drugs ate at his vitality. 

Fortunately, he was saved by a light so bright, it illuminated his darkest times. A caring, soft-spoken woman reached out to him, showering him with encouragement and giving him hope. But she was only a mask. A mask covering the vile abusive nature hidden underneath. She was not a goddess, but a devious demon, leaching joy from his misfortune.

And just like that, the young man’s broken heart was completely shattered. 

***

Blood spattered everywhere. The young man’s hand trembled as he held a blood-stained hammer. Brain matter, saliva, and blood decorated the walls centered around a woman. Confusion clouded her eyes, as consciousness slowly left it. She seemed to be asking “why”. 

As the woman slowly collapsed to the ground, the man choked back a sob.

‘it's not my fault, I'm the victim, don’t look at me like that’

The man let go of his hammer, and quickly spun around and bolted towards the door. The door violently swung open, and the man ran. He ran, across the corridor, down the stairs, out into the courtyard, and stopped. The rain had already started coming down by then. The rain came down clear and left his body crimson. Soon, a puddle of bloody water formed at his feet. 

His eyes trembling from shock scanned the premises. Because of the bad weather, everyone had already returned home. The courtyard and connecting streets were empty.

Vroom!

A car sped by. Started by the sound, the man returned to his senses. Step by step, he slowly dragged his tired body forward. Where does he go now? He stopped. His head started turning back before it stiffened. Closing his eyes and gritting his teeth, he once again looked forward and walked out of the courtyard.

***

How long had he walked for? By now the sky was already dark, and the moon peeked out over the dense storm clouds. Completely drenched from head to toe, the young man arrived at a bridge overlooking a grand river. He groaned. The cold from the wind and rain permeated his already weak body, causing his sore legs to stiffen. Finally, the man came to a stop near the edge of the bridge.

Maybe because of the storm, the torrent of river water flowed rapidly. With shaking steps, the man carefully climbed up the railing. 

“What did I do to deserve this? None of this was my fault, it was those sons of bitches.”

The man lamented, close to tears.

He smiled as he steeled his resolve. He spreads out his arms towards his non-existent audience.

‘What's the point of living, if there is only pain.’

With that thought, the young man surrendered himself to gravity. As force took hold of him, the dark torrent of river water drew progressively near. The darkness reflected the numerous stars embellishing the night sky.

‘How beautiful, how free are those stars in the sky’

A singular thought filtered through the man's mind.

‘If I'm given one more chance, maybe I'll be free’

‘Il pioneer my future. Screw destiny, Fuck Fate’

As the water appeared in front of his eye, the man's smile reached his ears.

‘With this, I'll be free, a trip to the unknown’

Just as this thought passed through his mind, his vision turned bright blue, and he felt like he was sucked in

"FUCK"

0