Chapter 8
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the increasing tremors in his body, Ragnar seemed to ignore the weakness enveloping him. With unwavering focus, he continued to run towards the river, as if there was no time to lament his condition. Every second was crucial, and Ragnar realized that his life depended on the steps he took.

Finally, as Ragnar's consciousness was almost fading away, he reached the dark underground river. Without hesitation, Ragnar jumped into the water, bringing Guhan Flower with him. The water swept over his body, and Ragnar immediately drank the water eagerly. His eyes looked empty as he gulped down the river water fiercely, as if thirsty for life.

As the water flowed past Ragnar's lips, it felt like a long-awaited relief. Guhan Flower was submerged in the water, bringing hope of salvation. Although his body still trembled and weak, Ragnar drank the river water with thirst, hoping that the flower would give him the strength to fight off the poison that had invaded him.

In the end, Ragnar's consciousness began to fade, but he managed to save himself just in time, as the poison started to disappear from his body.

...

A beautiful woman emerged from the dark cave, with graceful and cautious steps. She wore a fitted brown vest, contrasting with a white long-sleeved shirt rolled up to her elbows. Her long brown pants completed the all-brown look, creating a sturdy and tough impression.

However, what made her look special were the blue cat ears protruding from her neatly braided blue hair tied into a ponytail. A blue cat tail curved behind her, creating a stunning image. Her deep blue eyes shone with intelligence and vigilance as she carefully observed her surroundings.

At her back waist, tightly tied, was a knife sheath holding a sharp blade. The knife looked ready to be used if the situation called for it.

As the woman continued her steps, the sound of flowing water began to be heard in the distance. Her heart raced with anticipation as she approached the underground river that was her destination. However, when she saw the calmly flowing water in front of her, surprise struck her.

"Kyaaahh!" A loud scream escaped her lips, reflecting her disbelief and shock. With panic filling her heart, the Beastwoman quickly drew her knife from its sheath, ready to face any threat that might occur before her. Her steps were cautious and alert as she approached the floating body in the underground river. Her blue eyes sparkled with tension as she observed the figure lying in the water.

As she approached cautiously, the woman began to clearly notice the figure's body. A small, skinny man, seemingly unconscious, with hands tightly gripping a sword and a round shield. Quickly, the woman directed her knife towards the small man, ready to act if necessary.

However, as she got closer, she realized that the small man was truly unconscious. The panic expression on her face slowly faded into concern and care as she realized that the man needed help. Without hesitation, the Beastwoman lifted the small man's body up, ensuring that he didn't drown in the water.

Quickly, the woman began to perform artificial respiration, pumping air into the small man's lungs carefully. After a tense moment, the man finally coughed up the water that had been sucked into his lungs, indicating that he was slowly regaining consciousness.

However, before the Beastwoman could breathe a sigh of relief, the small man slipped back into an unconscious state. Her heart pounded with worry, but she didn't give up. With strong determination, the woman continued to perform artificial respiration, hoping that the small man would fully recover.

Promotion! Only this month! With 1 dollar, you can read far ahead of other readers!

Patreon me:)

3