13-5 Round 2 part 1
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(None POV)

 

Before the start of this round, the announcer comes out onto the field and starts announcing the fights for the second round. The order for the fights are

 

Captain of the Custodians of the Crown, Trumhere, Golden Paragon of Liberty vs Vice Captain of the Royal White Knights, Alban

Captain of the Royal Black Knights, Obsidian vs  Captain of the Sky Knight Order, Ather

Rank 1 Adventurer, Azure Beheading Princess Tess vs Vice captain of  the Royal Black Knights, Ebonie

The Hero of Ages, Arthur Argon vs Captain of the Royal White Knights, Bianca

 

It seems that, unlike last time, they are parrying up people with similar strengths. Both vice captains were swordsmen in some way, so they are going against two swordsmen here. This is most clear with Ather vs Obsidian, who are the only magic users in this round.

 

But something sticks out to me. From what I saw during the last round, all but the last fight here are going to be very easily won. Alban and Ebonie had a little bit of time struggling with the rank 2 adventurers, but Tess and Trumhere won easily. Obsidian did the same, where Ather also struggled a little, but not as much as Alban and Ebonie. So those three fights can basically already be called.

 

But the last fight was interesting. Bianca is a very skilled sword fighter from what I saw yesterday and this morning, but the hero has his special power that is unknown. So that fight could go either way.

 

Because of this I lean back to Chloe, who sat behind the three of us, and ask her about this. “Hey, is it just me or are the stacking most of these fights?”

 

“Its possible, most of the time, tournaments are set up to show off the most powerful people, in the most impressive fights.” She tells me.

 

This is interesting to me. I mean there is a part that makes sense, saving the best fights for last, but there is also a part of me that thinks it's mean. I mean there are already 8 people who participated just to show off other people.

 

Shortly after, the announcer called out the first duel of round 2, Trumhere vs Alban

 

(3rd Person POV)

 

(Round 2 - Duel 1)

 

Trumhere made his way onto the field to face off against one of the knights of his country. He knew that he was going to win, but still felt bad about going against such a promising young man.

 

While walking out, his mind turned to the fight this morning. Under the king's orders, he fought against a young man named None.

 

But, in all honesty, he couldn’t really call that a fight. None never fought back until the end. Trumhere didn’t know why, but it bugged him. The natural response most things have to being attacked is counter attack. But he never did.

 

While Alban walked onto the field, his mind was filled with dread. Every knight knew of Trumhere, golden paragon of Liberty. He was a common born man, who entered the knights training system at the age of 12, 3 years to young. Until the time he became 25 he was one of the most decorated members of every knight order he joined. When he turned 25 he was made a member of the Custodians of the crown, the knight order that answered directly to the king. And 5 years later he was made the captain, being given the title of Golden Paragon of Liberty.

 

This fight was only ever going to end in Trumhere winning. That didn’t mean that Alban was just going to give in. He was trained by Bianca herself in the sword, and now was his chance to show how good he has become against the greatest knight in the kingdom.

 

Unlike the adventurer, there were no insults thrown at Trumhere. Alban pulled out his sword and held it in front of him. In response Trumhere pulled his sword off his back and held it at his side.

 

Then they just stood there for a few seconds.

 

Then Alban charged at Trumhere. It was a similar move to the adventurer from the day before. Trumhere responded the same way he had to the adventurer, by swinging his sword down at him.

 

Alban dodged to the side of the attack, and swung his sword at Trumhere’s hand, trying to disarm him.

 

The attack made contact and Trumhere dropped his sword. This seemed to give Alban a chance. He kept up his attack, landing a few shallow cuts on to Trumhere. Trumhere dodged the attacks a little.

 

Once again his mind thought of None, and how he fought this morning. No attack even came close to him, so Trumhere tried to replicate that. But he had nowhere near enough agility to do that.

 

He had high enough defense that the shallow attacks barely did anything, so he continued to try.

 

After a while, he decided to just end this fight. He enabled a skill he had called guardian call. It gave everyone who heard it a sudden fear effect that stopped their movements for a little. He then picked up his sword again and used a basic aura blade to take out Alban.

 

With that, the first match of round 2 ended. The announcer called it for Trumhere.

 

(None POV)

 

“Hey, what was that skill he used to stop Alban in his tracks?” I ask everyone. In all honesty I don't know that much about skills outside of the magic and swordsmen ones I have, so ones that have other effects always seem cool to me. When I ask this question, it is actually Wisdom that answers me.

 

Notice. Skill known as Guardian Call. More information about skill is available.

 

After wisdom answers, the king also tells me about it. “That was a guardian call. It gives out a fear effect to everyone who hears it. It is really helpful in group fights, but also has a good effect to use in a one on one fight, but has a big downfall with party members around.” The way he talked really showed his enthusiasm behind this topic.

 

“Honey, you need to calm down. Not everyone has a desire to know so much about skills.” The queen says to him, trying to calm him down a little.

 

“Oh, no, it's fine. I find skills like that fascinating.” I said to her.

 

“See, its not just me, None likes them too” the king says in a somewhat sulky tone.

 

The conversation about the fight continues for a little while the field is cleared for the next fight.

 

This one is Obsidian vs Aether. In all honesty this one is the one i'm most excited for outside of more personal reasons. Magic currently is my main focus since most of the seals so far have dealt with magic, and seeing two high ranking magic users fight will be super cool.

 

That being said, Tess’s fight is clearly super exciting because she is one of my best friends. Then there is the hero’s fight. His power was super intriguing to me, and I want to know more about it.

 

(3rd Person POV)

 

(Round 2 - Duel 2)

 

Obsidian was interested in this battle today. Most of the current knights that use magic were trained by him, and Aether was one of the best ones he ever trained. Outside of his niece Chloe and the ones who left to be court mages, she was the best one.

 

Aether was also very interested in this battle. This was for other reasons.

 

When they both got to the center of the battle field, Aether raised her voice. “Excuse me, Sir Obsidian. I would like to create a wager for this fight.”

 

Obsidian was taken aback by this comment. “Sure, but what are your conditions?”

 

“If I meet your expectations for this fight, please listen to my request. That will be my win. If i don’t you can make me do anything you want. I know that I have a very small chance of winning so how about it?”

 

“Alright, but you should know, my expectations are high for you.”

 

“Of course, I wouldn’t expect any less”

 

This tournament gave Aether a chance at something she desperately had hoped for.

 

Aether had been a young woman when she was taught by Obsidian. And during those lessons, she developed a one sided crush on him. She never told anyone because of the potential rejection she would receive because of his station as the king's younger brother. So she worked hard to rise to a station relative to his. And now that she has done so, becoming the head of her own Knight Order Captain, she felt like she was ready.

 

With this, the battle began. The battle between two mages came down to three different factors, cast speed, spell strength, and amount of mana. If you had the advantage in all three, there was nothing your opponent could do. The battle was a basic back and forth, cast a defensive spell, and prepare an offensive one so you can see an opening.

 

Aether manly used air magic, where obsidian used fire magic. The fight seemed to kind of favor Aether for a while because she was using magic to limit the power of the fire that were created by Obsidian.

 

Suddenly, Aether stopped. "All right, this is my last move, Tempest Magic, Lv.1 Airless Territory

 

Suddenly a massive magic formula formed on the ground right in front of Aether. What the spell did was eliminate all air in a certain area. This would stop everything inside of the area from being able to breath. And sense a magic user who can’t breath can’t cast as well, for the most part, they can’t break out.

 

Knowing what was going on, Obsidian placed his hand on the ground and activated magic. The spell was a fire magic spell that created a huge tower of fire. When activated the flame pillar shot up into the air, but since the airless territory was still in effect, the fire in there didn’t last long.

 

With this spell, Aether was knocked out of the fight, since she had to be outside of her own spell so she didn’t also feel the effects.

 

The second match was called for Obsidian.

 

(None POV)

 

“You can cast magic without words?!” I yelled at the screen that popped up.

 

“Wow, None, didn’t expect you to get that excited about that.” Amelia said to me.

 

“I mean yeah, if i didn’t need to say my attack moves, wouldn’t that be better.”

 

“Yeah, but the wordless chant skill is pretty high level” Chloe said, “I only have it at a low level so i can only use it for low level low tier spells.”

 

“Yeah, Olivia has been trying to get it for the last like 3 months and still doesn’t have it yet” Abby interjected.

 

Wordless Chant? So its a skill.  After thinking these I got a message from wisdom

 

Wordless Chant is a skill from the magic addon skill system. It has 3 forms called basic, advanced and supreme. With every form, the more magic you can use with it. Wordless Chant is included in Arcane god skill.

 

“Magic Addon?” I say out loud this time.

 

The magic addon skill system is the subset in the skill system that includes skills that help magic use, that do not themselves create magic. Current unsealed skill Height of Occultism is one of the strongest skills in this system.

With this comment one more thought comes to mind. Wow, Wisdom is a lot more talkative today.

0