Chapter 1
167 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holy mother of Bombs!

Oh sorry, I just received a beta copy of World's End Online, what's WEO, well it's only this year's most awaited game, and I got a Beta copy, lasts for a week, and I'll be playing the entire time.

Who am I you ask?

My name is Athena Serpe, and I am paralyzed from the waist down, not that I mind, it means I get to have more time to myself. I liked to play Full dive games, and World's End Online is one of these games. It is promoted that the world has the greatest sense of freedom, and magic systems unlike any other.

Putting the game chip into my Dive Gear, I placed the headset on my head and Said the magic words.

"Begin Dive!"

As suddenly as it started I was inside a white room, my character in front of me, I adjusted the sliders to how I wanted, before looking through the list of races, some like Arachne and Scorpio interested me, but I had already made my choice, selecting Mamba, I watched as my human body changed to that of a snake woman, her hood flared out and her long tail curled around her.

After shifting the colors of my scales to a pure white, I began thinking of a name for my character, deciding eventually on Xiao Suzhen, not because of any real deep meaning, no I chose it just because it sounded cute. Clicking confirm, I watched as some standard armor was placed on my character and a staff and sword placed in her hands, before my mind was moved over to the new body I created.

As I appeared in the starter town, I began getting a feel on my new body, I could move my body instinctively, almost as if I never had been human with my hood being able to be lowered, something I did right away to not attract attention. Opening my mouth I felt the fangs, they were as large as my finger and folded backwards when not in use, not that I planned to use them.

My armor was standard Mamba warrior armor, with it covering my torso but nothing else, the actual breastplate smaller than my torso and covering only my breasts with leather armor covering the rest. My sword was a simple katana, while the staff was made of a nice red wood that held a simple blue gem at the top.

"Menu."

Name: Xiao Suzhen
Race: Mamba
Strength-6
Agility-8
Wisdom-4
Charisma-10
Luck-4
Traits: Albino, Unique Variant, Daughter of the Snake Goddess
(Traits are chosen based on a person's character, they have various effects on gameplay)
Albino: You were hatched with little to no pigmentation in your scales. + Light damage
Unique Variant: You were hatched with a mutation. + all affinities
Daughter Of the Snake Goddess: You were hatched the same color as the goddess of your people. + Charisma

"Huh. they never told anyone about traits. Well not like it matters."

Slithering my way towards the guild, I caught a surprised face from the receptionist, who just so happened to be the same race as me. She was black with purple scales and she wore a simple dress fitted for a member of my race, one with a name tag that had the name Xethu on it.

"Oh! U-Um... Welcome to the Adventurer's guild Dagura! I hope I haven't done anything to anger you."

"Anger me? I'm just here to register with the guild, so stop with the formalities and lets get this over with."

"Yes Dagura, Please place your hand on this crystal and we will be g-good!"

Ignoring her I placed my hand on the crystal, a bronze card coming out of the backside as I lifted my hand. The receptionist picked up the card and handed it to me, all of my needed information printed on it. It had my name and rank, all I needed to begin adventuring.

"By the way, are there any open requests?"

"Y-Yes, Dagura, There is a quest for herb gathering and goblin extermination."

"I'll take both, so please confirm them for me."

"Y-Yes, please s-sign here."

Signing my name on the paper in front of me, The receptionist slithered to put the paper in a stack before returning, her nervousness still present.

"O-Ok you are ready to quest, please be safe Dagura."

"I will. Don't worry, Sala!"

"S-Sala!"

***

Dagura- A respectful way to refer to one of high standing in Mamba Culture, often reserved for high priestesses or the Daughter of the Goddess.

Sala- A way to say Goodbye in Mambian, more informal than formal.

Mamba- Think X-COM's Vipers but in a fantasy setting, they are an exclusively female race that reproduce via parthenogenesis.

9