Chpater 1: New Start+
186 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright sun illuminated the cities below, with their tall skyscrapers. Looking further down, one could see people rushing along the streets, going about their business. Everything was as usual - some were selling food while others talked loudly on their phones.

Somewhere a car sped by, overtaking another, increasing the risk of an accident. Somewhere else, a regular cafe was filled with people drinking coffee or chatting with each other. 

All of this was observed by Aidan's eyes as he took in everything around him. In those dark eyes there was only serenity and calm. He slowly sipped his coffee, not looking away from the noisy city before him.

It would have been fine if this was the only unusual thing. But unlike others who were constantly rushing to their affairs without noticing the strange phenomena around them, Aidan could see them. 

It was as if others could not see how in the sky, there were various thin, long strips of colored light covering the sky and leading to different places. Aidan already knew these strips of light rays in various colors were not ordinary things. However, he did not want to get involved and thoroughly find out what they were.

In his past life, he had suffered a lot and lost many things because of other people - because of his kindness, or you could say because of his weakness. He was always in a tense situation, enduring unreasonable pain. 

Always making concessions for others in order to nurture a kind and cheerful persona in his heart, the result was his suffering.

When he was dying there, on the hospital bed, none of those who were dear to him came to see him. In loneliness and despair, he accepted his fate. What he had never wanted to admit was finally confirmed, and he closed his eyes with composure. 

But he did not expect to open his eyes again. It was a simple room. However, although it bore some resemblance to Earth, he realized he was in another world. The historical events and names were clearly different from before.

From 28 years old, he became a 19-year-old teenager who had just graduated.

The first moment he realized he was in another world literally made him feel panic and fear. And when he tried to calm down, at that moment an interface like the game he used to play appeared before his eyes.

This interface was nothing special, but what was amazing was that he could gain a skill just by doing something. Strangely, every skill he acquired was at the maximum level.

At the moment when he was trying to calm down, he gained the "Steely Nerves" skill. This skill allowed him to calm down literally in milliseconds. At that time, his emotions and mental state immediately returned to normal.

Since then, two days had passed. During this time, his emotions had not fluctuated even once. He also liked that his body, thoughts and behavior were under his full control. There was one thing that gave him some dissatisfaction - his mind was flooded with a lot of information due to the acquired skills. 

On the first day alone, he had gained a huge number of skills, from breathing techniques to running and more. He didn't even want to look at the skills list because there were far too many. Each skill did something, making his body work like clockwork. 

For example, just by walking he gained a skill that improved his gait. Even if he walked up to 100 kilometers, he was sure his legs would not suffer any damage. Because with every step, his body would adjust itself to expend less energy and have no impact on any aspect of the body.

Following this was breathing, running and so on. Because of all these skills, his body had become so precise that if not for the Steely Nerves skill, he would definitely have been scared.

And so because of all this, his mind was flooded with a lot of information, often making him lapse into a daze. That is, he simply did not want to react to everything happening around him.

Finally, when his mind was filled with so much, he began to see these strange strips of multi-colored light covering the sky and leading to different places. 

However, he did not wish to get involved in anything. He just wanted to accomplish what he could not in his past life - to live peacefully, that's what he needed to do.

The aroma of the light coffee entered his nose. Taking a sip of the coffee, he continued observing the crowd around him. 

"They all rush just like I did... No one wants to stop for a moment and simply look around. To savor the moment..."

The coffee was gradually finished. Getting up from his seat, his movements were very careful. He threw the coffee cup in the trash can near the table, then turned and walked slowly down the street.

His appearance in this world was nothing special. If he had styled his hair nicely, perhaps that would have increased his charm a little. 

However, he was also glad this body's face was not handsome. An ordinary face suited him just fine. At about 1.7 meters tall, his height did not stand out either. In all respects, he was an ordinary person, of course not counting his skills.

In the two days, he also did not try to add many skills since he felt he did not need them. He noticed that when he did something without interest, the skill would not be added, which also prevented constant skill acquisition.

What he had already gained was enough for him.

Walking along the pedestrian path, he could see many schoolchildren out and about. This reminded him of his own school days - of everything from his past life, he remembered his school days very well. 

At that time, those were the kindest and happiest days for him. As soon as the last day of school ended, his life descended into hell.

Shaking his head, he stopped reminiscing. Gradually, he approached a small building. This was where the previous owner of the body had lived with his sister and aunt. In one thing, he and the previous owner were clearly alike - both had lost their parents at an early age. 

However, he was already used to this. Besides, he had already given up believing in anyone.

The previous owner of the body also did not get along well with his sister or aunt. Although they lived in the same apartment, the relationship had always been slightly strained. This was good for Aidan too. He did not want to be a hypocrite and make himself out to be good and kind.

He already had a plan - to get another apartment and live alone as in his past life. However, he first needed to get his salary. One might wonder why not take advantage of the game interface's potential and become very rich.

He had already considered this, but he did not want to work as hard as he did in the past. First he would just save up some money, after which he could acquire special skills to start a business and retire for the rest of his life. 

He did not want to spend time getting to know the right people, nor did he want to break the law. If he ever came under scrutiny, it would be the end of his peaceful life.

Besides, extreme talent bred jealousy anywhere. 

The interface would clearly allow him to become a master in any field. As for hacking and robbery, that was a matter of his moral values - he simply did not want that.

Slowly climbing the stairs, he entered the building. They lived in a pretty decent place, evident from the general appearance of the building which was clean and modern.

Entering inside, he passed through a large corridor and reached the elevator. Looking at the display above the elevator, he saw it was descending so he had to wait a bit. 

Finally the elevator reached the first floor and the doors opened, revealing a figure familiar to Aidan. A girl with beautiful facial features and black hair, about the same height as him. Her face somehow resembled Aidan's, hinting at a connection between them.

She was the sister of the previous owner of the body. Dressed in a skirt and t-shirt, she held a phone in her hand, quickly typing something on it. Aidan did not say anything, simply allowing the girl to walk past him. He did not call out to her but just went ahead and pressed the button for the seventh floor.

That was the kind of relationship they had. Aidan could clearly see the girl had noticed him but did not acknowledge it. This was based on a skill he had also acquired - "Observant". Yet another max level skill that could see everything, however he intentionally ignored many things even though he could easily discern some details without any effort.

The elevator slowly started moving, taking him upwards. Reaching the 7th floor, he got out and found the door. This was his temporary home until he moved out.

Entering inside, there was no one there. His "new" aunt was not at home. This was normal, the previous owner of the body rarely saw her at noon. It was very rare for her to be home in the afternoon.

Carefully taking off his shoes, he returned to his room. After closing the door, he checked the time. A while later, he prepared himself and started training, using another max level skill - "Training". 

This skill allowed him to train efficiently several times over, with every movement standardized. Although he did not notice much difference at present, based on how he felt, his body was becoming stronger.

The training lasted 2 hours.

He freshened up by taking a shower, then proceeded to cook. Sounds of cooking filled the kitchen.

5