Chapter 5: Obstacles – 2
95 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rain continued to fall as Aidan walked ahead towards the house. Behind him, his sister and aunt followed. After questioning the culprit of today's incident, the conversation ceased.

Throughout the journey, he pondered his next steps. Ultimately, his decision was to observe the other party's reaction. If they persisted with their actions, he would have to take measures.

Upon returning home, he remained silent. Sitting wet in front of the computer, he contemplated his course of action. Codes that were once a foreign language to him in a previous life now rapidly appeared on the screen.

Having learned about Karadus, he could now perform tasks that would be challenging for others. Simultaneously, in one of the city's renowned companies, on the top floor of the rear Scottobor, a middle-aged man perused various documents.

As he checked aspects of the new project, his phone suddenly rang. Still attentive to the documents, he realized the prolonged ringing indicated urgency. He reluctantly answered, "Hello, Dad."

"What happened? Speak quickly..."

As he inquired about the incident, the other side remained silent. He had to continue, "You know if I don't answer, it's occupied. If it's not an emergency, I'll end the call."

Speaking, he was about to hang up, but finally, a voice from the other side spoke, "Dad! No, Dad, it's an urgent matter... Ilarion is unconscious."

Upon hearing this, the man's expression visibly changed. "How did it happen?"

Seeing him inquire, Karadus began recounting the events that occurred in the mansion some time ago. Listening to his son's words, the man was slightly suspicious.

"You say he's only 19, and he managed to incapacitate an elite soldier in one move?"

"Yes, I know it sounds excessive... but it happened right in front of me."

The conversation suddenly fell silent. A few seconds later, the man continued, "What's his name?"

After receiving the names of the brother and sister, the man hung up. Though aware of his son's deeds, he did not reproach him; seemingly, it was normal behavior. On the other hand, he was slightly suspicious because possessing skills to disable a soldier in one strike wasn't ordinary.

After thinking for a few seconds, he instructed his contact to gather information about the siblings and then set aside his phone. Again, he focused on the documents, but his phone screen suddenly lit up. It captured his attention, and upon inspection, it was some kind of promotional message.

"Darn operators, it's a special number; how did messages even come through?"

Sighing, he decided to address the issue later, putting the phone aside again. However, he was unaware that, at that moment, a small file had entered the phone system. In the next second, the file opened, increasing in size.

Nothing seemed to happen on the phone screen, but behind the scenes within the phone system, the small file began hacking and gaining control. The phone started sending data through the router network. Similar to the phone, the router's background file took control.

If it were possible to observe phone infections with special vision, one could see a red dot initially appearing, followed by another, and eventually, the red dots rapidly spreading, coloring the entire building in red.

Simultaneously, as this occurred, Aidan sat at the computer and observed. Before his eyes, more and more access points gradually appeared.

Reviewing the received data, he discovered messages instructing him to verify both him and his sister. Upon receiving this news, he continued to examine the data. The more he looked, the more details unfolded. Certain aspects within the company appeared rather suspicious.

"He is clearly a person with significant connections. So, should I wait or take the first step? He has already decided to gather information about me; it's evident he has experience in such matters. Well, no matter. My next actions depend on how he reacts upon obtaining the information. I just need to wait a little; with his connections, finding out about me will be effortless."

Pondering, he left the computer and went to take a shower, still slightly damp.

While he showered, his aunt and sister sat in the kitchen, silently exchanging glances. Finally, several minutes later, Lilian spoke, her gaze fixed on her aunt.

"When did he become so strong?"

In response, her aunt could only shrug. She herself didn't know when Aidan had become so powerful. Although not significantly different physically from before, his demonstrated combat skills were of a high level. She could tell at first glance that this guard was no ordinary person.

Due to her job, she often encountered such individuals. While this guard wasn't as intimidating as some she had encountered, he clearly held a prominent position among the majority.

Making such a person lose consciousness with a single blow was clearly no easy task. A successful attack was unlikely, considering what she had witnessed Aidan do. He seemed to anticipate the guard's strike, simultaneously counterattacking.

While she pondered what her nephew might be hiding, on the other hand, Lilian was also in a state of confusion.

When Karadas sent messages to Aidan, she saw it all. However, out of fear lurking within her, she couldn't decide what to do. The first thing that came to her mind was the time when those people tormented him, which Aidan witnessed. However, at that time, he didn't come to her aid, thus disappointing her.

She always thought that her older brother would protect her. But she never imagined that the older brother she envisioned was not reality. She vividly remembered the moment when Aidan saw her. She saw a semblance of indifference in him, turning away without acknowledging her situation.

At that moment, she lost her hope. The fragile balance that sustained her mentality collapsed. At that time, she realized what kind of society she was in; she had to pretend and bury her grievances deep in her heart. Gradually, she integrated into the school hierarchy; her individuality faded like that of other ordinary people. She simply allowed others to trample on her pride.

In a sense, she found solace from the torment, as she was already on the side of those who inflicted it. Because of these feelings, she began to hate his brother and the school. And so, time passed, and it seemed like everything had settled, but reality was always so cruel.

Because of her beauty, she clearly stepped into another quagmire after leaving the first. She managed to refuse and distract the attention of some people onto others. But she still couldn't escape, and it all came down to the fact that Karadas noticed her.

The rumors circulating in the school were undoubtedly true. She knew exactly who he was and what he wanted from her. She thought the other side would act more delicately, but who knew the other side would simply set a trap for her.

Eventually, when she and her friends went out of town for relaxation, she fell into the trap right into the hands of this guy. She tried to seek help from her aunt; her situation was desperate. She no longer had any thoughts that her brother would help her.

Finally, even her aunt was captured. And recognizing in her the same girl they had previously tormented, Karadas suddenly also remembered her brother.

In the end, she resigned herself to the thought that she would become a toy for others.

Some time later, her brother came to the mansion; she thought Aidan had been deceived because of the message. Seeing him enter the hall, she was emotionally stirred inside at first. The situation repeated itself as before; the same serene and indifferent demeanor as if from another world. Losing all hope, she simply lowered her head, listening to their conversation on the edge of her hearing.

When he came to them and addressed her aunt, her disappointment intensified. Although the fact that her aunt was conscious somewhat transformed her. However, remembering the guard, she thought it was all over.

In the end, a scene unfolded that stunned her, the guard she feared. Was defeated by her brother in a single blow, happening right before her eyes was too unreal. Seeing him instruct them to go, she followed him in shock.

Watching his back, she kept replaying the scene in her mind. Simultaneously, the thought echoed in her head.

"Why? Why didn't you protect me then? Why?"

Sitting in the kitchen, she mentally repeated those words.

"Take a break; I'll figure out how to solve this issue..."

At that moment, her aunt's voice was heard. Observing her face, it was evident that she was visibly concerned.

Lilian also understood what her aunt was thinking. The other side was undoubtedly a person with connections, and they might face consequences in the future. Ignoring her advice, Lilian seemed stuck in her place.

As the door closed, signaling Aidan's return from taking a shower, he re-entered his room. Seeing them in the kitchen, he spoke, "You should change; your clothes are wet."

Under the gaze of Lilian and her aunt, he grabbed some snacks from the kitchen and returned to his room.

"Why is he so calm... does he not know how influential Karadus's father is?"

Lilian pondered the question, as Aidan always appeared indifferent. However, being so composed at this time, she couldn't help but wonder if he had psychological issues.

"Well, he speaks the truth; go change."

Her aunt didn't withhold her opinion on the matter, saying to Lilian while holding her phone. It seemed she was doing something, possibly sending messages to someone.

Left with no choice, Lilian returned to her room.

Meanwhile, Aidan, in his room, waited.

Several hours later, he began reviewing the data again.

"As expected."

=========================

One of the finest mansions in the city of NewTec, slightly located on the outskirts in an affluent neighborhood.

Inside the Sheid family mansion.

In a room designated for the head of the family's work, two people sat facing each other. Father and son, engaged in their tasks. While the father examined materials, the son fiddled with his phone. A few minutes later, Leonard placed the materials on the coffee table between them. His gaze shifted to his son, engrossed in his phone.

"When will you finish?"

As soon as he spoke, Karadus straightened up and put away his phone. It was evident he feared his father.

"I haven't found anything to confirm what you saw. Either he's hiding his skills, or it's just a coincidence."

Saying this, he leaned back and looked at his son.

"So, what do you plan to do?"

He didn't want to handle such matters for his son, who needed to grow up. In the future, his heir, the only one, would take over.

"Well, Dad, I think I'll do what I've done before. Just make them disappear."

"Can you handle it? What if his skills are genuinely good?"

"Isn't he alone? If several people can't handle it, then I'll take more. Ultimately, I'll also take weapons."

Listening to his son's plans, Leonard was clearly displeased. However, he believed that a person should understand the effectiveness of different problem-solving methods on their own. So, he didn't interfere, just thought to add extra security around his son just in case.

"Fine, do as you wish. I have things to attend to."

He dismissed his son, sat at his desk, and made a call.

"Guard my son closely, and be attentive. If he faces any issues, do what he wants instead of him."

After hearing confirmation from the other side, he hung up.

At the same time, he was unaware that the entire conversation with his son and the phone call had been eavesdropped.

He also didn't know that he had sealed the fate of all the possessions he acquired, not through honest means.

Upon concluding his conversation, a vast amount of data was promptly dispatched to CCSB and various news agencies. The information encompassed everything from missing persons to the tax evasion maneuvers of the "Scotobor" corporate entity.

Aidan surveyed the task he had just completed.

"If this doesn't cease, I'll have to act decisively... erasing all those involved in this matter."

After pondering for a moment, he commenced his training.

5