Chapter-42: Kill Order
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meeting with all the Bishops was over, the Pope asked him to have tea with her, he knew what this was about, she knew about the twins, how could she not, she was the overseer of the whole church of Tibba, but the thing was, he didnt want to talk about the twins with anyone, especially with her.

But he knew that he had no way to deny her request, so when the meeting was over, he followed her to her private office, and now here he was, having piping hot tea with Pope of Church of Great Tibba…

“Yuriel.” He looked up. She was looking at him, it was very hard for him to understand what she was thinking, her wrinkled face didnt show any emotions, so he didnt know what he should expect.

“Yes, Mother.”

“What is going on inside the small head of yours?”

He hesitated a little bit, but then he confessed. “The twins, Sara and Patrica… They are the nightmares that have been plaguing my mind.”

She took a sip of tea. “My dear Yuriel, why dont you let me handle them? I could send some Saint and Saintess after them. The warriors of the church serve for the will of our Lord, and will rain down on them his fury on them, killing your nightmare forever.”

Ah.” He didnt like that suggestion, he knew they were good girls, and they are currently brainwashed. He would rather have them captured and try to bring the girls that he knew back.

“Ah?” she imitated him. “It seems like you dont like the idea?”

He clenched his fist but maintained a dignified face in front of her. “With all due respect Mother, I think, that would be too hasty…Those girls are innocent. They have just been brainwashed by that pale dark mage.” She didnt show any visible reaction to his theory, so he continued. “And I think that I could get them back to their senses. I.. I. Just need some time with them. And I can get them around in no time.”

She didnt say a word, he had nothing else to say, so he took a sip of the tea as well. It is then she started speaking. “Yuriel, do you know how long I have been sitting in this chair for?”

He was caught off guard by the question, he started thinking back and realized that he really didnt know how old she was, when he young boy, at that time as well she looked just like this, it was safe to say that she hasn't aged a bit in all the years since he had seen her.

“I dont know Mother.”

She leaned forward. “To tell you the truth, I have also forgotten how long I have been occupied this chair for… And as I have become so old that some people have started to think I have gone senile.”

He was enraged. “Did you hear anyone say that?” How could someone disrespect her like that?

“No one said it to my face, my dear child. But everyone thinks so. I can tell because I oversee everyone. And let me in you on a little secret.” She then put down her cup of tea and gestured her whole body. “All of this is just a facade. You could think of it as a tactic to rule, but with it, I can understand what other person is thinking.”

He raised his eyebrows, he didnt get what she was trying to say. “I dont understand…”

She then bloomed a smile. “I act senile in front of everyone. This way people tend to let their guard in front of me. And when they do that, I get a glimpse of the people that I am working with. And people like you slip up from time to time, giving me precise information that I need.”

Did she just say, people like me? Does she know something?’

Still, to maintain the facade he tried asking her what she meant. “What do you mean Mother.”

She leaned back on her chair. “Father Yuriel, when you came to me, giving me a report on how two of our Saintess turned towards the Dark path and joined a Dark Bloodborne family, everyone was furious at them, it could be seen from their faces, but your face for some reason told a different story.” She then leaned forward. “Your mood was down, your body language showed that. But curiously you looked disappointed for some reason rather than enraged, all those people in the room were not able to sense it, but I did.”

His heart started beating faster, he started sweating profusely, still, he bloomed a fake smile on his face. “What are you trying to say, Mother?”

She didnt show any interest in answering his question, she then moved forward. “Now curious, I myself investigated a little bit. Those girls were never under your care, and you have only met them a few times. Yet you cared so much about them, it was very suspicious.”

His heart was about to burst open, but she was not done yet. “So I investigated a little bit. And it is then I found Josephine.”

Hearing that name sends chills down his spine. Cat was out of the bag, he lowered his head and resigned to his faith, he felt embarrassed as he had sinned. “You know about her?”

She nodded her head. “Yes. I know everything dear.”

He finally looked up. “I am ready to accept any punishment.”

She shook her head. “Father Yuriel, you have sinned. As a Bishop of the Church of Tibba, you were never allowed to have children, yet you had two of them. And they then turned to the Dark Path and became Dark Mages. Do you even know what kind of jeopardy it puts the church in?”

He got from his chair and kneeled beside her. “I accept my sins, Mother. I am willing to pay any price for them.”

But still, she continued, “Your deeds could tarnish the reputation of the church. It would be a scandal of the century and it would take a lot of scrubbing to even suppress the situation.”

“I will accept anything that the church would offer me.”

“I want the heads of both the twins.” He immediately looked up, surprised. “Do you understand Yuriel? I want their heads. And I want you to bring those heads to me.”

He shook his head. “Mother I…” but he was cut off in between. “I will not hear it. You are a very respectful Bishop of the Church. I cannot let you tarnish our reputation like this. I want those girls’ heads. And I wanted them yesterday. Do not disappoint me again, Yuriel.”

His breathing became faster, he was about to plead again, he could not do it, he could not kill them all these years ago, how the hell was he supposed to kill them now? But the stern glare of the Pope made him back down. He quietly got up and left the room, leaving behind an innocent Pope with her tea.

***

For the love of Tibba, I dont get how people can survive in a house small as this?’ Sara thought.

The house she was currently in was indeed very small, it only had one room and a kitchen. And in such a small place lived a family of 5, parents with three adult kids. How they were able to live in such conditions was beyond her, also it baffled her that these people were so poor that they could not even afford a good house.

She looked at the parents, they seemed like they were in their thirties, yet they had adult kids and as they were all staying in the same small place, she wondered whether they would get frisky in front of the kids, and she was really curious about how these guys manage their sex life with their children right in front of them all the time.

It would a memory to share. I wonder whether any of these brats got frisky with each other. Or better, I wonder if the oldest son got frisky with his mother. OR maybe the father got a thing for his daughters.’

She giggled with anticipation, she would have a ton of fun while going through their memories, with that she bent down, she was going to start with the mother, there was a chance that her memories might be the spiciest ones from the people present here, after all, with assets like her, there was no way that someone dont play with them regularly.

She then started with the mother, uninterestingly she was clean, and she had been a faithful and a good wife. When she moved to her husband, she saw that he was the dirty one, had tons of visits to the whore houses, and even was having affairs with two neighbors.

Eventually while surfing through his memories, she found a memory of Ben, an acquaintance and the savior of Avery. From what she saw, that old man told this man to contact the Captain of a ship and to arrange a safe passage a week from now. After combing through his memories, she knew exactly where she could find Avery.

It was then her belt started vibrating. “ARGH” she groaned with frustration, she then took out her communication mirror and tapped its screen.

As Kaisel appeared in her mirror, she smiled and was about to greet him, when something he lashed out at her. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE?”

She got confused, “What? I am working.”

He was not having it, and he looked very angry. “And what are you working on?”

She rolled her eyes at him, then she turned the mirror around to show the family of 5 lying unconscious around her. Then she turned the mirror around again. “See, I am working. I tracked down some of Avery’s friends, and guess what. That fucker is indeed alive.”

He looked unimpressed. “Firstly, his name is Adui. Say his name correctly, the man deserves this after he was able to fool people like us… And what were you doing half an hour ago?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “I dont know… I think at the pub, getting the address of this guy.”

“Anything else?”

She now looked annoyed. “Alright, what do you want me to do? You told me to be discreet, I am being discreet. I am going as fast as I can. What else do you want from me?” She thought that he was getting annoyed because she was not going fast enough.

“I want to know why the hell did you use the Crystal Fuse to attract the creatures?”

She got confused. “I dont have a crystal fuse.”

It was then his facial expression became more serious. “You didnt use it?”

“No. I am in Laverdale, trying to find that punk. Why the hell would I use crystal fuse anyway?”

He sighed. “Something pulled the creatures towards the southern part of the island, I thought it was you.”

She shook her head. “Hey, I am at the eastern front of the island, way out of course. Also, there is no one…” She stopped mid-sentence when she realized one crucial thing, Adobo could be at the southern front of the island, after all, that is where the meet-up was set up.

1