One to the first
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a dream, of men carrying pocket sized stars with their bare hands, crossing between lands separated by humongous seas with just one or two steps, big mountains as beds for the restless and clouds as mats for the dotted on by heavens.

Sights of nature shaped from earth by the fingers of mortal and not anything less than the landscapes made by gods. Us learning to see the little people growing into the tall and imposing Titans we once dethroned but with hearts incomparably bigger, and humility immensely humbling to even the proudest of us.

Stop. It’s impossible and we know it. It’s been millenniums and no one but a single being has realized their latent full potential from amongst the trillions of humans born, and he left us, deciding he was too good for us. And many more gods were becoming glad it had been left at that.

The utter failure of creators they were, not realizing our many limitations -escaped only by our creations- but content with hoarding a position that has grantes this family nothing but world-ending hubris.

I swore upon my birth that I would get if only a single one of this chics to spread their wings and soar high in the sky we reside, to come and meet us, their creators.

But would it defeat the purpose if I gave it assistance? Well, if we take how humans are raised in their mortal environment then their absolute flaw is that they can’t grow at all if they don’t have who can teach them along the way how to walk or talk, so my intervention shouldn’t be called out right? If at all, succeeding would prove my peers more involvement with them was needed.

But there was one thing, Rome.

There hardly were any laws that we would impose each other, but that one incident set a precedent, if I were to be discovered then punishment would not end with my isolation, I could probably even be castrated off my ability to create.

So this should be done subtlety, if I have to select a human then it should be one easily ignorable by the mortal populace and the Management of Life & Death, give it an array of minor boons that would not place it above their world’s tier of power, but arrange for specific situations in such a way, they will have more likeness to transcend.

Just one more thing. I’ll need to throw at one of those forsaken worlds for them grow safe from the sights of any other gods, that matter of course, whatever wasn’t seen by at least one divinity didn’t exist.

Very well then, let there be light to guide forth this fortunate, chosen traveler.

***

There is a TV and it’s playing static. Is it bothering? Maybe, but the girl under the sheets didn’t mind. Although it’s 3:00AM from what the digital wall clock could tell, her heavy thoughts were loudly quieted by the white noise. Insomnia still there but at least she could distract

There was hardly any other form of entertainment inside the prison cell she called her room. Going outside was an option, but with how fiercely competitive land-hunting was this days… even fighting the flock of neighboring geese would leave her less bruised.

Then the earth quaked, for a second, just a tiny bit.

Then it did again for another second, and it did so another time, it kept on repeating itself, noting a certain rythm to it, like some giant was playing drum with the earth.

“Oh, for FUCK’s sake.” Well, there it goes her resting place, luckily she was prepared and all her stuff was in the backpack, after getting out of the bed she unrolled the bedsheets off herself, revealing her face with piercings on her lips, nose and ears, her black hair and all black clothes. She promptly stuffed the bedsheets along with the TV on her backpack, ready to go outside, but just as she swung open the door…

“Oomphf” A squeaky moan came from the other side, taking the girl by surprise immediately making finger guns with her right hand at the invader, but she instantly hesitated.

It was a little blond girl, dressed in rags, carrying a black box in her hands.

“Ow.”
“Great, another beggar.” She relaxed her hand and was about to flee, then a handful of dirt splatted the side of the face facing the girl and hit her in the eye.

“Not a beggar you asshole!” She had another handful of dirt ready in her right hand. “And are you fucking deaf!? Did you not hear me knocking for a whole damn minute before!!?” She focused in getting herself up and eying the black box to ensure she still had it in hand, not noticing how the other party’s leg shoot straight at her chest before it landed and crashed her body against the ground, immediately cracking open.

‘6 centimeters deep…’ Her left eye still precise, she was surprised the girl was pushed so little underground, and even more surprising was that she was still breathing and holding tight the black box.

“Anyway I don’t want to be here when the trumpets—” She leaped sideways at the immediate sense of danger, dodging the pitch-black pike that almost drove into her torso,

“YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!” Screaming at the top of her lungs, the blonde girl looking dirtier but not injured at all, launched herself at the goth girl who couldn’t match the speed, so decided on withstanding the coming punches, crossing her arms.

She couldn’t match those either and her arms blew up under the first two.

Under the third she was set flying with a big gap in her chest spurring blood and organs bits on the way.

The fourth punch landed, pushing the girl unto the ground, burying her 1 meter under and making her body into porridge. Only the head was remaining with an horrified expression.

“You ungrateful, unworthy sow, better be thankful this time for I have not the patience to be on the search for another candidate.” The voice was louder than any of the drums, trumpets and violins in the background heralding the descend of a lord, the disembodied head thought back at that and realized staying there and be a possible victim of its feeding would have been better than this.

“Don’t worry, you’ll have an entire lifetime to reflect on your sins and repent for your stupidity.” With her left hand she grabbed the head and placed the right, holding the black box, just in front. “I am magnanimous so, a piece of advice, close your eyes.” She did not, she couldn’t.

She saw the black box open itself, like the jaws of a shark parting to let itself swallow whatever had in front, numerous rows of white teeth included.

Then she was gone, to the naked eye ending in an instant as the jaws disappeared, along with the head, leaving only the little girl and the black box.

“You better be worthy or I am about to throw a fit at this planet, and I am SURE AS HELL not rebuilding it afterwards!”

1