Chapter 14: You should learn magic they said. It would be fun they said. They were right.
843 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next several hours were. . . interesting to say the least.

 

Haden and Feyrin taught Rose all sorts of spells. Before they did something called 'finding her type', she had to learn the tons of basic spells. There were lots, and almost all of them were for mundane things.

 

Rose had already figured out the spell for summoning a small flame, the one for creating electricity, and the one for altering her appearance. Although, she only knew the very basics of those.

 

On top of truly learning those three spells, she also learned a water-summoning spell, a healing spell, and a stunning spell. Those six were the most basic spells.

 

That alone took two hours.

 

Then it was on to the cooler bits.

 

There was a spell that only the older vampires knew that could determine what kind of magic a vampire would be best at. There were many types, like spatial, shaping, elemental, and enchanting.

 

"Ready?" Feyrin asked Rose.

 

"Yes," The girl answered.

 

"Good," Feyrin said. She held out one hand and a magic mist came from her palm. It swirled through the air, spiraling around Rose in a whirling tornado.

 

Then it all wooshed up and began forming a symbol in the air. The mist, originally gray, began to turn magenta. It created a hammer-like shape in the air before beginning another symbol. The second one was green and seemed to be an open book.

 

When it at last finished, a pink hammer and a green book were hovering in the air. They evaporated after a few seconds.

 

"Bioshaping and enchanting?" Haden asked. "Impressive."

 

"What's bioshaping?" Rose asked.

 

"So, shaping is controlling or changing the shape of objects through magic," Feyrin said. "Bioshaping is doing the same, but with living creatures. It's the rarest and hardest kind of magic."

 

"That's cool," Rose said. "And enchanting is. . . enchanting, right?"

 

"Yep!" Haden said. "Now, come on. Time to teach you the advanced stuff."

 

A whirlwind of four hours later, Rose had learned a ton of stuff. The last one, and one she had finally gotten the hang of, was the spatial tear spell.

 

And her way of using it was even weirder than Haden's.

 

When a vampire first learned the spell, they had to let their instincts drive them. They had their own way of opening the tear.

 

And Rose's was to kiss the air.

 

It might have been something about her being a Lovebound vampire, but even still it was weird. She kissed the air and a tear appeared in space in front of her.

 

But she could do it well. Incredibly well for having just learned the spell.

 

But still weird to do it.

 

And she also had to get used to the transitioning. It was nauseating the first several times, but she soon got used to it.

 

Then there were her other spells. The two that she had grasped the easiest were the ring enchanting spell and the color change bioshaping spell.

 

The ring enchanting spell allowed her to apply some kind of effect to a ring-shaped object. As long as she was touching the object and it was a ring shape, she could make it do almost anything. It was apparently very useful because rings were very small objects that could hold several spells at once.

 

Then there was the color-changing spell. It let Rose change the color of any part of a living thing to whatever she wanted. she mostly tested it out by turning her hands and hair wild colors.

 

At last, though, she was done. Haden and Feyrin told her that the next lesson would be the following Saturday unless something came up. Then she left using her spatial tear spell.

 

She imagined her bedroom, specifically the bed. Then she kissed the air and a tear opened up. She stepped through the portal and fell facefirst onto her bed.

 

Disgruntled, she sat up and found that Emily was looking into the room, eyes wide.

 

"What the hell?" She asked. "How did you- what?"

 

"It's just a thing I can do," Rose said. "I'm a vampire now. Is it that surprising?"

 

"Kind of, yeah," Emily said. "You appeared out of what looked like a giant vagina in the air."

 

"What!?" Rose cried, turning red.

 

"Yep," Emily said, chuckling. "Well, I guess I'll see you later. I'm going out drinking." Then she left, leaving Rose in her room, her cheeks burning.

 

Did it really look like that? Was it because of how she opened the portal? She didn't know. Ignoring what Emily had said, she texted Kira.

 

Rose: All done!

Kira: How'd it go?

Rose: Great

Rose: I learned a lot of new spells

Kira: Nice

Kira: Show them to me tomorrow before we go to Comicon

Rose: k

 

Rose smiled to herself.

 

Her life was perfect.

41