Chapter 1 – Thumbs Up
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early in the morning, as the sun hadn't even risen yet when a girl woke up and dashed towards an empty canvas at the corner of her room.

 

She quickly grabbed a few pencils and started sketching on the empty canvas with a smile on her face.

 

Rapidly finishing the sketch on the canvas, she quickly grabbed a paint brush and multiple paint buckets on the side and rapidly started to paint.

 

A few minutes later, she finishes the painting. She looked at it for a bit, then after careful examination, she nodded.

 

“This turned out great this time!” She signed behind the canvas with her name, 'Kuruya Yozakura'. She quickly grabbed her phone and took a picture of the painting.

 

The painting depicted a colorful cemetery with ghosts with party hats dancing around what seemed to be a lemon with disco lights coming out of it held by a silver snake biting on it.

 

“The dream I had definitely looked like this a while ago.” She said with confidence as she then stretched her arms into the air.

 

The girl wore some kind of pajama that connected the upper and lower half, which had a silvery color. It was currently dirty due to the painting session from a few seconds ago.

 

“Let's eat a snack to congratulate myself.” She said while puffing out her chest.

 

She hopped out of her room towards the kitchen. As she entered the kitchen, she went to the fridge and took a cookie jar out and started to eat while standing against the wall.

 

“Such a bliss~… ah wait” A long piece of transparent fabric held the cookie jar for her as she took out her phone and seemed to be searching for something.

 

“Ah! I need to finish this quickly.” She quickly ate two more cookies before the fabric of the jar and placed it back into the fridge as she ran back to her room as quietly as possible.

 

As she got into her room, she quickly wore a jacket with headphones and some pants.

 

Her onesie that was being worn over unraveled and merged to the upper part of her body to create a long sleeved shirt, and some separated and formed into a light grey jacket and a silver grey scarf around her neck.

 

She opened the windows of her room and some parts of her jacket unraveled into a silvery transparent silk and held to two large iron bars on the opposite sides of her room. The fabric stretched and turned into some kind of slingshot with her as the projectile.

 

She quickly looked back at her phone and after determining the location again, she was launched out of the window out of the Yozakura mansion.

 

In a warehouse near a shore, a few people were moving crates onto a large boat.

 

“Hey! Move faster!” A man was shouting orders to his men.

 

They were currently moving illegal items and other things like weapons outside the country. This group was making a lot of trouble in the country and made multiple enemies, so today was going to be their last in this country, as they were going to escape using the boat.

 

The man’s subordinates were quickening their pace even further, as their boss had ordered them to. Some knew about their circumstances enough that their enemies had asked the spy association to get rid of them. When they heard of this last night through an insider, they quickly gathered their belongings to escape.

 

As their boss was shouting orders, two of his subordinates were talking.

 

“What is the boss so worried about?” One man asked, slightly curious.

 

“Someone betrayed us, and now the association now knows about our illegal business.”

 

“Which one was it again?”

 

“Human trafficking and kidnapping.”

 

“Did we already load them in?”

 

“Yep, we did just a few hours ago.”

 

“Hmm… Can we use them for ourselves later?” He asked with a slight grin.

 

“No, can do. It’s the boss's orders, we can’t damage any of the goods.”

 

“Shame.”

 

“I really wanted t-”

 

BOOM! “Hahahahahahahahaha! Cough-cough!” An explosion was heard from above, followed by a girl’s maniacal laugh, before she started coughing.

 

“What the hell?!” The boss suddenly looked at the dust cloud, which was slowly settling.

 

“Everyone, stop what you’re doing and fire whatever landed!” The boss suddenly shouts from afar, then runs towards the boat, telling the men on the way to do the same as the others.

 

As the boss was running away, he heard gunshots being fired repeatedly, with multiple things being broken as well as his subordinates screaming being heard. He quickly signaled the boat to start moving as he got on it.

 

The boss, thinking he escaped, laughed a bit before looking behind him to see that the entire warehouse had gone silent

 

The boat was now a few feet from the docks, but then it suddenly stopped.

 

“What's the hold up, keep moving!” The boss was now sweating, he rapidly went up the boat to the helm of the ship.

 

Only to see all the members of his group tied together on a pillar, unconscious and bruised beyond recognition.

 

“H-how?”

 

“Took you fifteen seconds to get here, I was starting to think you got lost on the ship.”

 

The man quickly turned around to see a girl standing next to the entrance of the room. She had grey hair that flowed down to her waist and wore a silver jacket with a grey shirt underneath paired with light grey jogging pants on her head were silver headphones and her neck had a silvery scarf.

 

Her grey eyes stared at him while she eerily smiled and asked him.

 

“So do you surrender?”

 

The man quickly dashed to the side to a secret compartment on the floor.

 

“Oh?” The girl tilted her head in curiosity.

 

A rocket launcher was taken out of the secret compartment and the man quickly loaded it with precision and speed that would leave anyone speechless, anyone but her.

 

As he fired a missile towards her, she stood still and when the rocket was about to make contact she quickly moved her hand and various silvery transparent fabrics stretched out from her clothing and caught the missile, stopping it.

 

“Wha-” The man was stunned, and before he knew it he was grabbed by those same fabrics and was slammed into the ground, knocking him unconscious.

 

Meanwhile, below the deck, children were huddled together, frightened by the noises and explosions that they heard from above.

 

They were currently facing away from the door that was the only way to escape other than the window above them, which they couldn’t reach.

 

Suddenly they felt the boat move and when it stopped the door was opened and through it a girl was seen.

 

“Sorry for being late… You’ll be okay now, just follow me for a while so we can get out of here, okay.”

 

 

The sun had now risen, and some students were about to wake up for the day, meanwhile Kuruya was on her bed drawing while sleeping in her pajamas then slowly she woke up.

 

“Yawn… Start of the day again, I guess.” She stretches her arms before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

 

As she went down to the kitchen area, the scent of eggs wafted through the air with some sausages in the mix. In the kitchen, a girl with blue hair with her back facing Kuruya was seen cooking with a smile on her face. Another girl with a white hair and a dress that seemed to be from something that came from the past was setting up the table. 

 

“Morning Kuruya.” The girl in white asked

 

“Morning Futaba, and you too Mutsumi~.” Kuruya replied, greeting the girl with white hair, followed by the one with blue hair.

 

“Ah. Kuruya morning, did you have a mission this early morning?” Mutsumi asked.

 

“Sorry I forgot about it and did it as quickly as possible, sorry if I made some noise last night going out.”

 

“It's fine, it's just that you do it pretty frequently that some of us just ignore it, but please stop forgetting your missions.” Futaba replied.

 

“I’ll try, but there won’t be any promises.” Kuruya said with a dry smile.

 

“Well with that out of the way, please help.”

 

“Yes, big sis Futaba… Hah, good morning to you too, Kyoichiro.” As she said this, she looked behind her to see Kyoichiro also standing just a few meters away from the entrance of the kitchen.

 

“Good morning to you too, Kuruya. Mutsumi~ your figure while cooking is quite beautiful today~” Kyoichiro replied to Kuruya calmly before switching to admiring Mutsumi fanatically.

 

“Repulsive as always.” Kuruya proceeds to walk towards Mutsumi and Futaba and helps them in preparing breakfast. A few minutes later, the other siblings came in together.

 

“Morning, everyone.” Futaba said.

 

“Morning.” The four siblings that just came in replied.

 

“Kuruya it was pretty loud last night, did you forget about your mission again?” A large person who was wearing a blue bucket with a lab coat and gloves asked.

 

“Yep, sorry if that broke something in your lab, Nanao.”

 

“It’s fine, none of my beakers broke or fell off from the shaking.”

 

“At least it didn’t disturb my beauty sleep.” A boy wearing a cat get-up with yellow hair chimed in.

 

“I hope it will interrupt your beauty sleep next time, Kengo. Also, there was an organization that was wiped out early this morning, wasn't that you Kuruya?” A girl with magenta hair asked while looking at her phone.

 

“Yes, Shion it was her. Also, we need to complete the inventory of the items we confiscated from the drug cartel we took down last week later today.” Futaba replied.

 

“Yes.” Everyone said in unison.

 

“Hey Kuruya, did you take inventory of the organization you brought down?” A man with green hair asked.

 

“Yep, I already segregated them, you can check it later Shinzo.”

 

“Got it.”

 

“It's time to eat, everyone, quiet down now.” Futaba said, then finally settled the table with food with the help of everyone. As everyone sat down, they put their hands together and bowed.

 

“Itadakimasu.”

 

 

After breakfast, Kuruya and Futaba were washing the dishes while the other siblings were talking with each other until Mutsumi went out to go to school.

 

“I’ll see you later!” Mutsumi said as she made her exit.

 

“Woof,” Goliath said, waving his paw.

 

“I guess I'll be an uncle soon. Will it be a niece? Or a nephew?” Kengo said with a smirk.

 

“Don't jump the gun, dummy. It'll definitely be twins.” Shion replied, confident in her answer.

 

Futaba just sighed while smiling, while Kuruya was just happy for her older sister.

 

In the corner, Kyochiro seemed to be creepier than he was a while ago.

 

“Hey Futaba.” Kuruya whispered.

 

“I know, we just need to be more observant of his actions for today.”

 

“… Okay.”

 

“Also, you should go to school now. It's getting a bit late.”

 

“Got it sis.” Kuruya then went upstairs to prepare for school and went to school thinking about the mess they might have to clean later because of him.

 

She took a longer route to school as she was listening to music, she nearly got late going to school for that, but it didn’t bother her that much. The morning and afternoon classes came and went by very quickly, but she was still worried about what her eldest brother would do today, as it lingered at the back of her mind.

She was currently in the art club, checking the supplies and organizing the inventory of the club for the day.

 

Brr! Brr! Her phone was vibrating, she picked it up and looked at it before clicking her tongue.

 

“Idiot older brother of mine.”

 

She quickly got out of school to meet up with her siblings in the Yozakura Mansion. While going to the mansion she somehow got distracted for a bit before getting lost, it took her a bit more time before she finally saw the familiar road to the mansion.

 

As she was in front of the mansion about to enter the door, she stopped and turned back to see Kyoichiro.

 

“Quick as ever, Kyoichiro… Already cleared all the dummy locations before going here, huh?”

 

“I just wanted to sit back at home after removing that nuisance. So I cleared all the farthest dummy locations until this was the only place left to look for, of course” Kyoichiro said with his hands behind his back, smiling.

 

“No use talking I suppose, haaaah…”

 

“Yes… Now get out of my way.” Kyochiro then moved countless steel strings towards Kuruya.

 

Kuruya dashed forward as her scarf unraveled, with countless silver fabrics flowing out under her clothes to block the attack, creating a powerful wind that caused dust to form.

 

And out of the dust cloud multiple transparent and silvery fabrics rapidly flew towards Kyoichiro as he dodged some and used some strings to rip some of them into shreds. Some fabrics then suddenly curved and aimed at his back.

 

He suddenly jumped and used the strings to stand a few feet above the ground, avoiding the attack as he grabbed multiple strings and pulled them together with great strength.

 

Kuruya was hidden among the silvery fabrics she used to attack him. She was about to bring him down when she suddenly was cornered at all sides by various strings, in an instant binding her to the ground with all her fabrics also bound to the ground.

 

“I guess that’s all from me, then.” Kuruya said while sighing.

 

“Indeed, so stay there for a while” Kyoichiro then slowly went into the mansion, disarming all the traps at breakneck speed.

 

“… I should start trying to get out of this now.” She then slowly but surely got out of the strings.

 

After a grueling 5 minutes, she was finally free and as the few strings were finally loose, she stood up laughing.

 

“Hahahahahahahaha! Finally, I’m free!” She stretched her arms into the air before hearing the loud commotion in the mansion.

 

“Oh! No time for celebrating, let’s celebrate after punching him in the face.” She then ran towards the mansion.

 

 

Inside the mansion when Taiyo just wore the ring.

 

“Let’s get along… Big brother!!” Taiyo said as he looked Kyoichiro straight in the eye.

 

“It can’t be…” Kyoichiro was in denial.

 

“Taiyo!” Mutsumi ran towards Taiyo.

 

“What a relief!” Said Nanao as he raised Goliath while looking at them.

 

“That guy’s amazing!” Kengo looked at Taiyo in amazement.

 

“Not bad, not bad.” Shion placed her hands behind her head as she looked at them.

 

Futaba just smiled as she also looked at them. While Taiyo and Mutsumi share a hug with each other.

 

Suddenly a window to the room shattered and Kyoichiro was sent flying to the wall even though he was already in a state of being unconscious and conscious at the same time. With the punch that he received he was still in that state but was leaning more on the unconscious side.

 

“?!” Everyone then looked at the figure that just punched Kyoichiro towards the wall.

 

“Take that you idiot of a brother of mine!” Kuruya said as she then looked around and saw everyone looking at her.

 

“Oh sorry for being late Futaba, I at least held him back for a few seconds outside the mansion a few minutes ago.”

 

“Sigh… Just help clean after.” Futaba said as she went to get Kyoichiro.

 

“Great entrance Kuruya!” Kengo said, giving a thumbs up, still in Mutsumi’s clothing.

 

“So that’s why it took him a bit longer to get here, and those distant explosions from a while ago were from you and him fighting.” Shion said as she looked at her phone.

 

Kuruya then noticed the rings on Mutsumi and who she assumed to be Taiyo as they were currently very close to each other.

 

“Oh! Congrats Mutsumi and you too Taiyo!” Kuruya said as she gave a thumbs up and smiled towards them.

This is my first time writing this I hope you enjoyed reading this and can give me some reviews on this fanfic I made.

This one has 2676 words If google docs isn't lying to me.

I shall now sleep and hope I come back to this if I can maybe during this month or next month if my motivations still make me do so... so see ya by then!

0