Chapter 1
430 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Hey Aki, Have you read that new manga that came out?"

"Huh? The one about the spider?"

"Yeah! That one!"

"Not yet, but I think that Isekai by falling shipping container is an interesting way to be reincarnated."

*Thwunk!*

"Huh? Did you hear that?"

"Hear wha-*

*Crash!*]

A preacher stood at a podium next to a memorial to two girls, one with albinism and the other a cheerful blonde, the last moments before their death recorded by a third friend who wished to remain anonymous for now, as they had been recording the moment for the digital scrapbook they keep.

"We are here today to mourn the deaths of Aki Smith, daughter of Yoshiro Akato and Sandra Smith, and Holly Sweet, Daughter of Gregory Sweet and Delilah Sweet. The girls were crushed to death by a falling shipping container while walking home from school that day one week ago, let their souls be happy in heaven with the Father, and may we see them when we arrive there as well."

The strange thing about the girls' deaths wasn't the fact they had been crushed, it was the fact that where they were walking, no cranes or even cargo ships were to be found, as they had been walking in the middle of the city of Dallas.

***

(??? POV)

Waking from my nap, I tried to remember what I had been doing last, I had been talking about the latest manga release with Holly when I felt my body grow weaker only to feel a sharp pain before nothing... no pain, just warmth. But this warmth wasn't a nice warmth, no it was a suffocating warmth, a warmth so stifling that I felt the urge to break free from it.

*Crack*"Gah! Ha... Ha... Ha..."

Moving all eight of my legs I crawled out of the egg that held me before munching down on the leftover shell, a cushion underneath me... Wait, why do I have eight legs?

Looking at myself, I instantly realised what was wrong.

"I'm a fucking spider!"

Calming down, I began to inspect my surroundings, I was large enough just out of the egg to sit comfortably in a cushioned seat, which was around the size needed for a human, but everything around me looked like it was from the medieval era. The lamps had some crystal in them however, meaning this wasn't medieval more like fantasy.

"Holy shit was I reincarnated!? But as some rich kids pet for some reason."

Hearing a door open, I saw a man in what looked like nobles attire enter, a joyous smile on his face as he sat down in a desk nearby glancing over at me, he had a shock seeing me having hatched.

"Gah! Oh... Phew, it's the Tarac we had bought for our dear Holly to play with. Come here, little Tarac, I'll take you to your master."

Picking me up, not that I could resist as I had almost no control over my own body, he carried me to a room with a crib inside, an adorable blonde haired elven girl sleeping peacefully inside.

"I'm glad we placed that taming seal on the egg as soon as we bought it, otherwise we would have to deal with an aggressive baby Tarac."

'Tarac must be my species, given that he has been calling me that every time he has referred to me and- Holy mother of- She's Gorgeous!'

Looking at the wife of the noble, it was a definite plus that the baby inherited all her mother's genes as her mother was like a goddess descended to earth in terms of beauty, with a perfect hourglass frame and ample breasts, I think I might have to commit murder just to have her for myself.

Not that I will mind you, I'd like to not be killed by a mob of angry humans please. But looking at the little baby I was placed next to, I couldn't help but feel like a thread of fate was connecting the two of us together. I had the power to alter the threads of fate whenever I want but I can only do minor changes like whether or not I find a dollar on the ground or not.

Nothing like making a person be fated to become a great hero, only small meaningless changes to the timeline. I was no goddess of fate, just a tiny ripple in the stormy ocean of fate. For this one moment however, I decided to use my power to change the fate of my name, I could tell by the threads of fate on my name it would change if I allowed it to happen, So I cut all the threads with my power.

This change took all my energy, and as my body began to fall asleep, I heard what my name would be in this life.

"We'll name the Tarac, Aki, meaning moonlight in the language of the Divine."

Aki's Power works on a basis of endurance, the more she uses it the more she can do with it, and as she had almost never used it between her two lives, just preventing her name from being changed uses up all her energy.

11