Wedding Ceremony
146 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys, I posted my new fanfic Reverend Insanity - the Prophet of Christ, I recommend everyone to read it.

---------------

"Hmm, another failure... but I'm getting there," Chen Wei looks expressionlessly at a small liquor worm dead amidst a pool of blood after a failed refining experiment.

"... this is the second liquor worm I've killed in the last two months," Chen makes his way to a chair to rest his body and soul after suffering the backlash of an unsuccessful refinement.

While sitting, he records and reviews his practical experiences in this refining process along with those of others and his theoretical knowledge so that he can draw conclusions and insights that will lead to success in the next attempt.

"If this were Fang Yuan's era, I would be in big trouble." This is the thought passing through his mind, but fortunately for him, the Liquor Worm, despite being an expensive Gu in this era, is nowhere near as rare as in Fang Yuan's era, where it was treated almost like a treasure despite only being usable in Rank 1 cultivation.

Chen Wei closes his eyes and inspects his aperture, checking if the refining failure caused any damage to any of his Gu, which, despite never having happened to him or anyone, is better to always check to be safe about any variables.

While inspecting his aperture, he sees a small Seven Fragrances Liquor Worm swimming cheerfully amidst Chen Wei's primeval essence, unaware of the death of one of its siblings a moment ago , this primeval essence which with the help of the Seven Fragrances Liquor Worm, has a blossom silver color, marking the Rank 3 middle stage, although Chen Wei is only in the initial stage still.

"Truly, the effect of this Gu is magical... I imagine if its ability to reach the immortal realm were known, it would be on the list of legendary Gu." This is his most sincere opinion, especially when shortly after reaching Rank 3, his focus was not on researching blood path or refining blood path Gu, but rather advancing his liquor worm to Rank 3.

"It's a great pity I don't know its recipe for Rank 5... or Rank 6." Although he is somewhat confident in creating a recipe for the liquor worm up to Rank 5, the same does not apply to the immortal realm because of his low attainment in Food path and even if he were to create this immortal liquor worm, it would be almost useless to him due to conflicting Dao Marks.

With this thought passing through his mind, he looks again at the liquor worm dead amidst a pool of blood on his experimentation table with a serious expression.

This liquor worm is not an attempt to replicate the effects of the Food path liquor worm with a Blood path liquor worm, but rather a much crueler plan related to his promise of vengeance against the Piercer of the Heavens, and even now that he has failed twice in his refinement, he has an even greater conviction to successfully refine this Gu.

"Well, let's leave that aside for now; it's better for me to go rest for a while since the wedding ceremony will be in a few days." Chen Wei is not the least bit nervous or anything when he thinks about the wedding ceremony, which would prompt an outsider discovering his calmness to ask him if he knows that it's his wedding.

But for Chen Wei, there isn't much to be nervous about since he has had this wedding as a fact for over seven years of his life, so he has long lost the nervousness about it.

And even if this wedding had been something recent, he wouldn't be nervous, but that's to be expected since he is a person who has gone through various difficulties and even several life or death moments, so it's not as if a mere wedding would make him nervous like an excited and anxious little girl as he is almost certain Wang Mei is now.

Well, he's almost certain since he hasn't spoken or seen her for almost a month, not because of his negligence with her to focus on his blood path research but because it's a custom of the He An Clan that the betrothed couple cannot have any form of contact with each other from one month before the wedding day.

"Ah, who knows, maybe I should have a bachelor party... haha..." This is just a small joke he makes as he heads to his room to rest and recover after this refining session because if he were really foolish enough to attempt a bachelor party like he's seen guys do on Earth, Wang Mei's father would personally kill him.

-----------------

Ci Ling has a happy and proud expression as she looks at Chen Wei standing amidst one of the rooms where the bride and groom have to wait before entering the wedding.

"Who would have thought my boy would grow up so much, you're already a grown man now!" She speaks with small tears in her eyes, stemming from the emotion of seeing her second son getting married, as it reminds her of Chen Ming's wedding and his death, which she probably won't overcome anytime soon, if ever.

"Well, young man, how excited are you for today... young men usually are, especially for what comes after the wedding." Chen Liang puts his hand on Chen Wei's shoulders, trying to cheer him up.

He seems much better than Ci Ling, as he is a battlefield veteran and is accustomed to death. Even if he isn't, he can't let it show, as that would be frowned upon by the clan.

Chen Wei, the center of attention for all his relatives and servants who are carefully and delicately arranging his attire, remains motionless and speaks little, simply nodding in agreement when spoken to.

He is now wearing a luxurious and extremely well-made dark blue outfit, as is customary for gu masters getting married. Of course, this outfit has something particular: white details that make the already beautiful dark blue outfit even more elegant.

[Image]

These white details indicate Chen Wei's cultivation level, which at this moment is the acclaimed and glorious rank 3, making this marriage between him and Wang Mei even more special in the eyes of the clan. Marriage between elders is not something that happens every few decades.

This is not because the elders are a bunch of lonely old men and woman, but for two reasons: they are old, so their marriages happened a long time ago, and secondly, most people marry young, so even these elders were mostly in rank 2 when they got married.

In fact, a marriage of a rank 3 hasn't happened in so long that the old servant responsible for Chen Wei's attire was extremely emotional, even though she's sixty years old and has made many dresses a Rank 3 one is her first.

And this excitement is shared by all who are attending this wedding, which is being held in the Spiritual Hall, something that only happens when it's the wedding of a clan member who has reached rank 3 at the time of the wedding.

"The grandfather is still talking to the other elders about politics..." Chen Wei asks his father while looking at himself in the mirror with a little strangeness at seeing his hair cut short as it should be according to clan traditions.

"Well, you probably won't see him again until the ceremony." Chen Liang speaks without caring much about his father's actions, as he prefers dealing with politics rather than being with his grandson, as he would do the same if he were in his place.

And what Chen Wang did was basically to arrive at the ceremony, exchange a few words with Chen Wei, and then go straight to arranging alliances and political agreements with other factions of elders, especially the faction of the clan leader, from which Wang Mei comes.

Meanwhile, Chen Wei and Wang Mei, who are the betrothed, cannot be seen in public before the ceremony, and their parents must always be with them, so neither the clan leader nor Chen Liang can directly engage in politics, only sending representatives to act in their places.

"Young Master, the elder sent me to inform you that he is about to announce the beginning of the ceremony." A rank 2 gu master speaks respectfully to Chen Wei, who is an elder in everything but name.

Well, you may wonder why Chen Wei is not officially an elder yet. This is more of a formality, as well as having its political and practical reasons behind it.

These are the orders given by the clan leader that all capable elders for combat must be fighting on the front lines. So Chen Wang made an agreement with the clan leader, as well as with other influential elders of the clan, for Chen Wei to be officially declared an elder only at the end of the eight months of "rest" given to him.

Of course, as Chen Wei is already a rank 3, he is already treated basically as an elder by everyone, and he has already entered the clan's power struggle. But for now, he is not an elder, so he is not referred to by others as much out of pure formality, and as he needed these months to refine his rank 3 gu anyway, the other elders did not exert much pressure against this decision by the clan leader.

Soon Chen Wei hears the announcement by Huang Young, who is the Elder of the Spiritual Hall, calling him and Wang Mei to go to the altar. So he quickly, accompanied by his parents behind him, leaves the room he was in and heads towards a corridor that will lead to the altar.

Immediately, Chen Wei sees Wang Mei, who is on the opposite side of him in the corridor, and whose eyes shine with happiness when she sees him in front of her.

So they quickly walk until they meet halfway, where Wang Mei quickly hugs his arm while jumping around cutely, which Chen Wei assumes is excitement and happiness for the wedding.

If Chen Wei had to describe her, it would be in just one word: Beautiful, and it would already be enough to describe the beautiful girl wearing dark blue clothes with red details, indicating her as a Rank 2 gu master, as she recently made this advancement with her father's help after finishing the academy.

[Image]

"I missed you so much," she whispers to him after a month of short nights for her, as she spent most of the time unable to sleep properly due to nervousness.

"I also couldn't wait any longer... so let's continue and let's not keep the guests waiting any longer." Chen Wei speaks as he gestures towards the rest of the way to his right, leading to the altar.

"Let's!" She speaks as she follows the path while still holding onto Chen Wei's arm, but now in a more distant and polite manner as dictated by the clan's manners and customs.

Chen Wei then walks with her right beside him, with both parents behind them, before they step in front of the clan's altar, which is in front of all the guests at the ceremony but now in the eyes of both are just small details, as their focuses are on each other.

"What a beautiful couple... I ask the young bride and groom to take their positions." Elder Huang Young, an old man, speaks calmly and composedly.

So quickly Chen Wei takes his place at the altar facing each other, with their hands held while looking into each other's eyes, while their parents go to their seats in the audience.

"Well, here it is..." The elder takes out a gu that has the shape of a blue crystal shell, which after activated emits a blue light both on Chen Wei and Wang Mei. This is a famous gu in the clan called Marriage Oath Gu, and as Chen Wei is a rank 3, the gu is also a Rank 3 one.

"So, under the gaze of all the guest's and bound by this oath gu... do you swear to take each other as the sole husband and wife of your lives... to love and respect each other... and to unite in flesh and spirit today... in a union that no other man, not even the Heavens, can separate?" Huang Young speaks with difficulty because of his old age.

"I, He An Chen Wei, accept!"

"I, He An Wang Mei, accept!"

Both speak at the same time, while Chen Wei bows slightly and brings out a gu worm in the form of a crystal necklace and presents it to Wang Mei, who instantly refines the Crystal Sapphire Gu.

This is the customary dowry given directly by the husband to the wife, which for great families must be a valuable or meaningful gu that demonstrates the love and consideration of the groom.

"So I declare the couple married!!" Soon the audience cheers with the elder's declaration, and Chen Wei, amid the celebration, gives a soft  kiss on Wang Mei's forehead, as any further demonstration of intimacy publicly would be taboo in the clan.

And so began a wedding ceremony that Chen Wei could describe as a tedious and lengthy unnecessary formality where he had to receive the congratulations of all the guests one by one in an animated and chivalrous manner.

Which wouldn't be so unnecessary if Chen Wei had used this opportunity to engage in the politics and intrigue of the clan involving his marriage, but that was considered a big taboo in the clan, so he didn't even consider the idea deeply.

But he imagines that at least for Wang Mei, this ceremony must be something magical and incredible, especially judging by her excited and happy expression, especially when her father congratulated them on the marriage in a way that made it seem like he didn't hate Chen Wei.

And so it went for the rest of the night until the two retired to his room amidst the encouraging looks of the guests so that the newlyweds could have their wedding night.

"Ah... I'm quite nervous, you know... my mother told me about it, but I still..." Wang Mei is sitting on the bed while clutching her dress, trying to calm her nerves, and looks down trying to hide her embarrassment.

"Well, but she told me tha-" his words are cut off halfway by Chen Wei, who quickly approaches and kisses her while gently making her lie down on the bed as she wraps her hands around his neck.

----------

"Ah... damn it," Chen Wei murmurs with a complicated expression as he looks at Wang Mei, who is snuggled next to him in bed with her head on his chest, sleeping like a beautiful fairy.

They are both naked, which is to be expected, although it cannot be seen because of the silver silk coverlet that is over them.

Chen Wei strokes Wang Mei's hair as he looks at her cute and innocent face sleeping soundly. "How... did I... end up marrying another... Otherworldly demon!"

13