Chapter 1
12 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Look Clock, I don't have time to talk about legalities, just take a look at these files."

"Chief, If this is about the Jacket case I told you he's a Hired Killer, we can't hurt him."

"This isn't about Jacket, this is about a new gang called the Red Spades. Killed a man right in front of a crowd of people and left before we could get on the scene, we want you to track them down."

"Fine, I'll take a look, now please leave my office."

Putting out a cigarette, I picked up the file on the gang, my robotic lungs not affected by smoke. Looking through the file, I found that the info was lacking, and decided to take a look at the crime scene myself. I was given the name Clock by my old man, a crazy engineer that went by the name Tex, he claimed to have been a mercenary in his prime, but I never believed him.

He claimed that he had found my damaged frame in a dump when looking for parts to repair his sentries, and out of spare parts replaced my left eye with an old pocket watch he had found. I didn't think this was all he did to me however, since shortly after fixing me, he left me, telling me to find him one day.

As I approached the crime scene, I knew instantly where they went, since going by how fresh the kill is to the tracks of blood still left on the street, I figured they went west from here. Following the tracks, I eventually came to a stop in front of an old warehouse that has gone unused for years, especially since access to the surface was closed over two decades ago.

In Dead City, anything can be a home to a criminal gang, and seeing as this was the last thing until you reached the edge of the city, I'd take a wild guess they're inside. Kicking the door wide open, I took out my pistol and held it towards the criminals, all of them having a smirk on their faces. Silently I contacted the police, hoping they would arrive by time I finish this job.

"Well lookie here boys we got ourselves a cop."

"Lie down any weapons you have or I'll be forced to shot you, and I'm not a cop, I'm a Private Investigator and Hired Killer."

"Shit! Boys Kill Her Now!"

The Gangsters began firing their weapons, normal physical ammunition pistols, unlike my plasma pistol which was made to disable androids, their weapons would do nothing to my metal frame. Firing into the chest of one of the gangsters, I watched as he fell silent, his heart having been pierced. I don't do things halfway, you either live or die when confronted with me, I won't break your arm before turning you in, I'll rip out your heart then burn your corpse.

This was a life or death battle to me, not some desperate attempt to keep the peace. I wasn't going to spare them, and the authorities knew this as I was only hired when desperately needed. Firing a shot into the next man, his head exploded into a red mist as the superheated plasma destroyed his cells and evaporated his blood.

The rest recognized their folly when I took out two of their members without even breaking a sweat, not that I could sweat mind you. As they ran from me, I used the stun feature on my plasma pistol to disable them, the remaining two members now on the ground twitching from the shock. Handcuffing them, I dragged the two out of the warehouse and placed them in the cop car that drove up to the warehouse.

"Well, at least you got two of the criminals, better than last time when you had killed every gang member in the gang before killing the boss."

"Hey, I got the job done, I'm a Hired Killer as well as a Private Investigator, so don't expect me to go easy on my targets."

"Yeah Yeah, Look Clock, not everyone can be like you, but here, the police's investigation reports into the man known as Tex."

As the old cop handed me the file, I just smirked, I had been around since the man was a rookie cop, and in two weeks, he'll be retiring. His grey beard was a reminder that I have all the time in the world to solve this problem.

1