Chapter 1: A strange girl
203 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I request everyone to wait for 10 chapters before judging this story.


Kimura Seiji:

"Hah... today we ended up working for 30 more minutes. We should ask the manager for extra pay."

Kenji said while showing his frustration. We were currently going home after our part time job at a family restaurant. 

"Today there were surprisingly a lot more customers."

"Yeah... by the way, what about Sunday? Do you have any plan?"

"Umm... not really."

"Good. Then I was thinking I could come to your home to have fun."

"But don't you have plans with your girlfriend?" 

"No. She's going to her grandma's house this weekend. Otherwise I always have my Sundays booked."

"Don't you like spending the sundays sleeping and lazing around like me?"

"Dude, you're too boring. Why don't you get a girlfriend?"

"Haha nice joke. You think someone like me will get a girlfriend?"

"I do think you can. However..."

"However?"

"I don't know why but I think you're likely to attract the most weird types of girls."

"Huh? What are you even saying? Weird type?"

"Yeah? I have a hunch. And my hunches are often turned out to be correct."

"Oh really? To be honest, I won't mind weird type of girls, as long as they are cute."

"Careful what you wish for haha. Anyway my house has come. Bye..."

I bade goodbye to Kenji as he left. My apartment was just 5 minutes from Kenji's house. When I reached my apartment, it was 8:30 PM. So, it was very late and I was extremely tired.

It was a small two-storey apartment. Even though from outside it looked like an outdated ugly building, from inside it was actually in very good condition. I lived in the upper floor. As soon as I entered my bedroom, I lied down and relaxed. 

I, Kimura Seiji, am a second year high school student, and my life is too boring. Everyday is same - wake up, go to school, go to part time job, return to my apartment, sleep, repeat. Even in the weekends, I do nothing but laze around. 

"I need something interesting." 

I mumbled while lazing around. After a few minutes, my stomach started to growl. I went to the dining room to eat my dinner. My dinner was basically "instant ramen".

Actually, I did know how to cook. However, I was too lazy to cook for only myself. That's why most of the times I only ate instant ramen for dinner.

But, as I looked towards the shelves, I realized...

"Ugh..."

I had run out of ramen. There was not a single cup left. 

"Jeez... now I need to go out to buy those."

Fortunately, there was a small shop just a few minutes away from my apartment where I could get those. I put on my jacket and left my home.

After a few minutes, I reached the small retail shop. The elderly shopkeeper was almost dozing off. I knew the shopkeeper well. I gave him a light push to wake him up. 

"Don't sleep here, uncle. Some thief might come and steal your things."

"Oh! Seiji-kun. Don't worry, I'm quite awake. What do you need?"

"Ten cups of Instant Ramen."

"You should eat something else for once. Anyway, you should go home already. I'm thinking about leaving too. I'm having a bad feeling about tonight."

"Bad feeling?"

"I don't know why... but yeah."

After I bought the Ramen packets, I left for my apartment. I didn't know why the shopkeeper was saying such. "Bad feeling" - was he trying to scare me?

To be honest, the road tonight... was really empty, which was giving me some unnecessary chills. 

I started walking fast. Even though, I rarely get scared, tonight was different. As soon as I reached the entrance of my apartment, I breathed a sigh of relief.

I laughed at myself for being scared for no reason. 

"Hah! Hah!"

Huh? What was that noise?

"Hah! Hah!" 

It seemed like the source of the noise was getting closer and closer.

"Hah! Hah! Wait!"

It was a girly noise... But from where was it coming?

I looked behind and... I froze...

A shadowy character was running towards me. As it was coming closer, I could understand it was a girl. There was no doubt that she was coming towards me.

I wanted to escape to my room immediately. However, my legs were not moving in fear.

"Help!"

It was not me, but the girl who began shouting for help. The girl then suddenly jumped strainght onto me which almost made me fall on my back. I didn't understand what was happening. I looked at her, and she seemed to be about my age.

"H-Hey who are you?"

"Please! Let me stay in your house!"

"Huh! What are you talk--"

"The police are coming towards me. They are probably very close by now."

"What! Police? What did you do?"

"Please! Take me in your room for some time."

"B-But..."

"Please!"

She begged me while holding both of my hands. My head was not working anymore. 

What are you doing idiot? She looks like some criminal. Thus the Police is after her. Just leave her alone and escape inside your room.

This is what should have been done by a logical person. But unfortunately, I was someone who would fail in elementary logical reasoning. 

"O-Okay."

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

I felt like... I was going to regret this decision very soon.

11