Chapter 1: Welcome to Arkria!
1.1k 19 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”. A very girly scream resounded among the rushing wind, but Adam didn’t take note of that, the only thing on his mind was that he was going to die when he hit the ground.

 

‘What do I do? I need someone to help–’, suddenly a blue box appeared in Adam's vision.

Welcome to Arkria!

 Initializing System

Importing from previous template

Name: Lily
Race: [Angel]
Class: [Seraphim]
Level: 300

 

‘What is this?! I’m my Phantium character?!’

 

The blue boxes filled Adam’s vision. With a single thought they disappeared, and with a thought of Status it showed up again. Wishing it away again, he made sure that his situation with hitting the ground was going to take some time. He checked himself. He was… well, it was apparent that he wasn’t in his body anymore.

 

The lithe hands, the long nails to go along with them, arms without a single hair to be seen. Oh!  The screaming was definitely not what Adam would sound like if he was screaming.

 

‘Okay calm down, I’m my Phantium character Lily, and I’m falling to the ground at terminal velocity no big deal!’ Adam lied to himself, or herself.

 

‘If I’m Lily, then I am an [Angel]! Well a [Human] reborn as an [Angel], but an [Angel] with wings! With a [Flight] spell!’ Adam finally stopped screaming and had a determined look on his (her?) face.

 

“[GRACEFUL FLIGHT]!” yelled Adam… and nothing happened. Adam started screaming again.

 

How the heck do I use my skills!? I gotta calm down, this is not a game, yelling skill names won’t do anything, maybe I need to feel it?’ Adam closed her eyes and felt where her wings would be. There was this tugging feeling at her shoulder blades that felt like she could let go.

 

Fwoosh

 

Opening her eyes and looking behind herself she saw a gigantic pair of gorgeous white dove wings. 

 

‘Now what do I do? Just flap them?! I don’t know how to fly!!’ Adam felt joy at seeing her wings, but was crushed by the idea of not knowing how to use them. Children learn to control their bodies over years of effort, and Adam didn’t have that time. She tried anyways, and a feeling washed over her: something just clicked and felt right with moving her wings, as if she was missing them all her life.

 

Fwoosh

 

With a flap of her wings, she slowed down a little in her fall. Fwoosh! She slowed down again. On and onwards she kept up with a pace her body was telling her was right, and eventually when reaching below the clouds she stabilized her fall and floated among the skies. 

 

Below her was the ground; a gorgeous view of landscapes far. There were lakes, valleys and forests. It was breathtaking. She never flew on a plane before so this was an entirely new experience, but even then she thought it wouldn’t be the same anyway.

 

Now that she had time to think, she thought back to what happened. What was Arkria? She had never heard that name before in Phantium. 

 

‘I should check my status.’

Name: Lily
Race: [Angel]
Class: [Seraphim]
Level: 300
   
Str: 300
Dex: 300
Con: 300
Int: 1,500
Wis: 3,600

 

 

‘Everything seems to be in order.’ Adam looked at her stats. She had set herself on the path of the best healer there is. The Wisdom stat governs mana regen, magic defense, and healing power. There was some spillover to other stats, but she could say that she was—is a great healer.

 

‘I am Lily now… that’ll take getting used to.’ Adam—no, Lily thought. Although this change was drastic, a part of her is happy with it. There was nothing back on Earth for her since Phantium shut down.

 

Lily started to descend, getting closer to the ground; she decided to go to the lake, as that was a good place to see her reflection. When she reached it she landed and looked at the serene water. In the reflection of the water she saw herself.

 

Perfect white skin that hasn't been tanned at all, a beautiful face, beautiful blue eyes with long golden locks of hair, and behind her are the giant dove wings. Even though she knew that she was no longer Adam, seeing her reflection really made it sink in.

 

“I-I'm really L-Lily.” Lily stuttered, with an adorably girly voice. Well she was sad she would never be Lily again, but she never meant that she wanted to become Lily in another world. Yet, is that such a bad thing? A new start, for everything. Maybe she can actually be herself to people.

 

‘I should check to see if my equipment is the same’

Armor Set: [Basic Angel's Robe]
Main Hand: None
Ring 1: None
Ring 2: None

 

‘That's strange, this is the default equipment when you Rebirth as an [Angel]…’ [Angels] are not a basic race, but an evolved one. You would need to reach level 100 as a [Human] [Priest], and need to go through the Rebirth Ceremony and start anew as a level 0 [Angel] with a class you choose.

 

[High Angel Battle Armor]
[Aurelia’s Radiance]
[Seraphim’s Robe of Light]
...

 

‘Looks like my inventory is all there.’ Lily then equipped the [Seraphim’s Robe of Light] armor set, the staff of [Aurelia’s Radiance], and the rings [Seraphina’s Mercy] and [Elysium Whisper], and checked her status again.

Name: Lily
Race: [Angel]
Class: [Seraphim]
Level: 300
   
Str: 300
Dex: 300
Con: 300 (+50)
Int: 1500 (+50)
Wis: 3600 (+50%)

 

‘There, that looks good.’ Lily has multiple armor sets from her time in Phantium. [Seraphim’s Robe of Light] is a legendary armor set that’s focus solely is on healing and support magic. She also has the [High Angel Battle Armor] just in case if she needs to be in a more damage focused role. With her stats, even with this legendary armor set, she can’t beat a level 300 Evolved [Warrior] in a fight, but it helps with grinding when she is alone.

 

Lily took a look at her Armor and Staff, she noticed that they felt right in her hands, like they were an extension of her body, ‘Must be [Staff Mastery] working, it’s strange to have all these new feelings.’

 

There was nothing more to be gained here; she needed to find civilization. Lily had no idea how to forage or even start a fire. With a single flap of her wings, she flew into the sky and saw the entire lake below her, ‘This is gonna take some time to get used to, but I’m loving the feeling of flying!’

 

With another flap, she angled forwards instead of upwards and shot across the sky. Feeling the wind, she started screaming again, not out of terror, but of joy, “AAAHHHHHAAAAAHAAAHA!!” 

 

57