Rebirth
146 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 31,1983, Hawkins, Indiana.

In outskirts of the remote and peacefull town, there was a research facility.

In the middle of night, the white painted building gave off an ominous aura.

The research facility was completely shut down, all windows and doors were tightly locked by steel shutters not even giving a small gap to peek through.

WEEWOOWEEWOO!

The sharp alarm resonated through the messy office, illuminated by the red lights with flesh and severed bodies scattered everywhere.

Whoosh!

A fleshy tentacle seemed to cut through air, severing both the alarm and the wall behind it.

The tentacle retracted towards a giant made of bloody flesh in the centre of the room, transforming into misshaped arm spewing pus and unknown yellow liquids.

The giant has various tentacles growing out of his abdomen with mismatched hands and various flower like creatures growing from his back, alive.

"*sniffles... Shave...mi".

The sound of quite sobbing came from the kneeling giant holding his head.

The fleshy giant.....no, The young man, Steve Harrington, cryed for help.

His cry echoing through the now quite room.

He felt disgusting, with gastric juices moving through his entire body and his guts being just a step away from thrown out.

He felt hot all over his body and a horrible taste of his gastric juices while various holes all over his body spewed disgusting liquids, the pain of strange creatures being born from his back was an additional bonus.

Steve was an ordinary student... from the outside. 

But secretly he was a person reborn in this world. At first, when he was born in this world from his mother's womb he was excited.

Misunderstanding himself as the protagonist destined fro greatness, he did many things that got him beatened from his new father.

But this phase also passed away. With the everyday boring life he slowly forgot his old life.

But it doesn't mean his life wasn't exciting, unlike his old personality where he would rather be tortured than talk to someone.

In this life, he become more active and outgoing. With his experiences of past life he was still humble and didn't bully anyone. Hell, it would be more accurate to say that he was on the good side, doing charity work while still being and active leader in the school.

Well, that was since he awakened his cheat, a superpower, in high school.

The embers of his once extinguished passion from his forgotten past life seem to reignite again.

Completely engulfed in the drug called attention, he ,without a doubt, believed that he was the protagonist.

That baseless confidence is responsible for this situation.

It happened half a month ago when out of nowhere, the peaceful Hawkins started to change.

Many people were disappearing and his crush and girlfriend Nancy wheeler was hanging out with another boy.

Of course, he was jealous. So, he used his cheat to forcefully extract his thoughts.

According to what he found they were both investigating the missing people, he was relieved.

Anyway, In a moment of confidence he decided to take things into his own hands and infiltrated the police department to use clues they found.

After that his confidence didn't waned but instead increased. He, without a moment of thinking, infiltrated the prime suspect, the Hawkins lab.

Don't know what happened after that but he suddenly felt his cheat connect him to somewhere. He only remembers a giant with multiple appendages infiltrating his body.

And the next thing he know a painful headache came to him and he is slaughtering everyone.

Steve felt dizzy, the usual headache that disturbs him everytime he sleeps couldn't stop him now. He felt exhausted beyond belief.

His consciousness got hazy, surrendering himself to sleep.

……………………

[Ding!]

A melodic ding reverberated in Steve's mind, his frown relaxed and he slowly opened his eyes.

Steve looked around but he wasn't in the lab anymore. No matter how far he tried to see, there was only the white waves and colourful sky made of seven different colours.

'is this heaven.' He couldn't help but doubt himself.

[Note: It is not host]

Steve jerked backwards, falling on his back. When he saw a black and blue screen suddenly appear in front of him.

"W-who are you? And why I am hearing your voice in my mind."

After his experiences in Hawkins lab, Steve inheritaly felt disturbed when somebody messes with his mind.

There was a deeper layer of questioning hidden under his words, he was checking if the thing that infiltrated his mind in the Hawkins lab was the same as this one but he was careful, he didn't want to offend it after what it did or could do.

But all these thoughts were useless in front of the system who seems to be connected to his mind.

[Note: We are not the same.]

[Assurance: Please calm down, you're rescued now]

'Rescued? Fron him?' Steve's eyes filled with doubt for a moment.

[Note: Host's memory from his past life seems to be blurred and there are slight signs of trauma.]

[Question: Initiate Defragmentation?]

'Defragmentation?' A frown appeared on his face.

[Note: Initiation conformed.]

'Defragment? I am pretty sure I heard it somewh-  arrg!', Steve was in his own thoughts ignoring the strange entity in his head when a sharp pain hit his head.

Like all his memories were being torn and refreshed. He could see all the memories from his both his lives.

He was relieving them at the same time, every single one.

He felt like needles were being exerted into his brain. 

Steve began to take heavy breaths and sweat formed on his forehead.

"A-arg... AHHHHHHHH!" A piercing scream tore through the rainbow sky. After a full minute, The pain stopped.

Steve was on the ground taking heavy breaths like his lungs were on fire. 

[Note: Defragmentation Complete.]

At the nonchalant voice of the system, anger emerged from his chest but it was quickly surpressed by the pleasant surprise.

Steve could remember all his memories even from his past life that was starting to become blurry. He remembered Playing games, dropping out of school, Never going out but most importantly... reading novels.

"A system?" His eyebrows raised, Steve asked, expectations brimming in his eyes.

[Confirmation: Congratulations, Host. You're now the master of the 'Ehnanced Guide' created by the Primordial God to help his believers.]

Happiness surged from his chest. He hurriedly patted his heart to calm down, afraid of dying from this sweet feeling after finally having hope.

"Quick! Introduce yourself and tell me if there is any free gift pack beforehand!".

[Introduction: The "Enhanced Guide" was a built in function in many believers by one of the five Primordial Gods, The Absolute Destiny.]

[It is used to guide and protect his believers, the Travellers that roam the omniverse.]

[It's functions are simple, To mold and awaken abilities. The guide in it's name is double sided, the host could be the guide for others or the system could guide host]

Steve quickly raised his hand, Indicating he has a question. "I have noticed this before but what are the five Primordial Gods and why are you saying I am a believer."

[Note: The host may not know but in this life there are countless different multiverses and their pantheons powered by different sources like magic or belief, each ignorant of the other.]

[That is excluding the Five Primordial Gods. These Five Primordial Ones are singular meaning they alone exist in every universe.]

[As for host being the believer. It was because you are, You just don't know it and you being his believer has the ability to travel the omniverse.]

Steve was speechless at this statement, 'What? I am a believer but I don't know it? Isn't it just the same as me saying to my friends I have a wife but she just doesn't know it? How shameless can you be?'

System ignored his disrespectful thoughts and continued.

[Note: The system was activated prematurly because it felt host's life is in danger. If not, it would need fifty years of more sleep.]

Steve nearly bit his tongue, "F,F-fifty years!?" 

'Fuck! I have been scammed! What would I do with a system when half of my teeth are falling out? Play with it?!.'

[Resuarance: Host, calm down. I see that your instructions that should have informed you of your situation malfunctioned. I will now inform you of your situation.]

<Congratulations! Mr. Heisenberg.

You have been selected as the envoy of 'The God'. From now on you are responsible for the stability of the Section between 101 and 106. Please work hard so that the omniverse could function properly.

These perks may not be much but they could atleast help you stabilize until your guide has awakened.

· Dimensional Travel.

· Awakening.

· Immortality.

Now please work diligently, you have high expectations to meet! May he guide you to success.>

 

10