I am 14
79 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way back after the duel.

Steve was silently walking home but I'm his mind, 

[Question: Sir Lancelot, what is our next move.]

"I am going locate the target, win her trust and escape before this city is ransacked." He answered without changing his expression.

[Exclamation: Oh my, Sir Lancelot you are going to seduce a queen again?]

He didn't answer.

[Oh my, am I being ignored by Sir Lancelot?]

 Steve ignored it.

[Please forgive your lowly servant, Sir Lancelot.]

[If you could magnanimously forgive this slave, then this humble servant would like to warm your bed for you tonight *blush]

Steve's pace quickened and a slight rosy colour appeared on his cheeks.

[Oh my, Did Sir Lancelot just blushed for this lowly servant?]

[Did Sir Lancelot also harbor fantasies about this lowly servant?]

[Forgive this lowly servant for already having a husband.]

[Oh, I forgot that excuse would only turn on Sir Lancelot.]

[Sir Lancelot? Sir Lancelot Sir? Lancelot? Sir Lancelot? Sir Lancelot?]

Steve stopped. He could feel his entire face burning to the ears.

"......ssary'

[Forgive your servant for poor hearing but could you please speak louder, Sir Lancelot.]

"You know that was necessary!" He shouted, his entire face covered in a blush. 

[What was, Sir Lancelot?]

"PLEASE STOP! I beg of you! Please stop! Forgive me for naming myself Lancelot! What do you wanted me to do?! You know how much of a turn off it would be if every knight I meet has a cool name but whenever someone calls me it would be 'Steve'! That totally sounds like an extra!" 

[You are Lancelot though?]

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" 

He ran 9 kilometers that night.

……………

In the morning, a golden carriage with a red banner of a lion raced through the streets.

Steve awkwardly sat opposite to Jamie. 

Jamie looked at him with an amused smile,"Why are so tame now?"

"Forgive me for not recognizing you before, My Lord." Steve answered with a awkward smile.

"You don't have to be so formal, Call me Sir not lord. You also have a last name don't you? Which house are you from?" Steve stiffened.

"A house long gone, Sir. You don't have to worry about it." He hurriedly said.

Jamie nodded. He didn't doubt it as no sane commoner would ever try imitating a high born. Morever, it is pretty common for knight households to fall. 

As the main manpower for war's comes from these houses. They are the main targets for kings to ally but one wrong choice and the same kings could also decimate your whole family for treason.

Thinking this he looked at Steve with sympathy, 'No wonder, he wanted to became a knight even when war is right on our heads. Honor is all that matters for knights after all.'

Steve avoided Jamie's 'passion' filled eyes, feeling stupid that he made such a basic mistake as adopting a last name.

"Sir Jamie... What has become of that matter?" He asked nervously.

Jamie came out of his thoughts and smiled,"Don't worry, how could we turn down someone as talented as you? Though I wasn't able to get you position in kingsguard but the chance is still there." 

Jamie handed steve a badge, "From now on you're a honory kingsguard and also my squire."

At this moment, Steve's eyes widened not because of the unexpected offer but because of this;

[Hidden Quest Completed!

Start on the path of a knight!

Reward: 500 ]

Jamie misunderstanding his shock smiled. At first, he wasn't going to offer this and just transfer him to city guard.

Not because Steve wasn't talented enough but because his status is too low.

Although Jamie could forcefully make him a knight using Lannister's name, A kingsguard is still difficult but this changes if he was former a high birth.

Suddenly, The carriage stopped, "Looks like we arrived." 

Jamie stood up awakening Steve from his thoughts.

Exiting the carriage, a magnificent castle appeared in Steve's eyes making him gasp.

Jamie smiled at his surprise and started walking towards the castle.

Steve hurriedly followed behind him. 

During the walk Jamie was silent. So, Steve started spending the karma he got to balance his stats.

Because right now his stats are everywhere. 

He was going towards a tanky route with stamina as his main state because in this world a person's strength is limited he didn't need too much strengt for fights. He needs stamina so he could stay longer in wars.

By the way, 100 karma equals to 1.00 stat. His stats look like now;

[Name: Steve Harrington (William Lancelot)

Path: Knight

Type: Awakened, Magical

Karma: 0

Strength: 2.00.  Defense: 4.50.

Mana: 2.00.  Stamina: 5.00 (Max)

Agility: 2.00. Reflexes: 3.00.

Charisma: 5.00. ]

While he was doing that they reached the inner palace. Jamie guided him towards a massive training area with hundreds of weapons lined on the entrance.

There were many knights in golden armour training while a bald instructor was coaching them.

Jamie walked directly towards him. The man saw Jamie and his face hardened.

"Good morning, Sir Jamie. How may I be of service?" The bold man saluted by pressing his hand against his heart with his other hand on his back.

Jamie nodded casually, "Good morning, Sir Bardock. Please take it easy. I was just here to enlist my newest squire into the castle knights." Jamie said while patting Steve's shoulder.

"Squire?" A hint of surprise came into his eyes as he hurriedly inspected Steve from head to toe.

The bald man, Bardock, guided Jamie and Steve to his office in the barracks and asked some questions.

"Name?"

"William Lancelot."

"Age?"

"14."

Bardock stopped for a moment,"You don't look like 14."

"Guess, I matured early." Steve said with a smile. Steve has already thought this through, to complete this quest one or two years wouldn't be enough. What will he do if people start questioning his seemingly eternal you think that time? It is better to start from a lower number so he have more time.

Bardock nodded without caring too much but Jamie's eyes turned even more sympathetic causing Steve to avoid looking at him.

After his enrollment, he was given a golden full plate armour with a broad sword and a room right next to Jamie in the inner palace. It also seems there is a weekly salary.

Jamie discharged him to his room for rest and instructed him to report first thing in the morning.

Jamie personally will be responsible for his Knightley training.

That night, he finally had a nice bath in a long time and slept soundly after.

5