The Promised Reward
584 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olga Marie Animusphere was the Director of the Chaldea Security Organisation... and while that may not have meant all that much to the upper echelons of the world some time ago, it mattered more than anything right now considering Chaldea was technically all that remained of the modern world.

Sighing, Olga massaged her forehead with one hand and tapped the other one against her desk.

As one might think, it was something of a stressful job cause of a tiny detail... The fate of man was riding on them and they had only 3 operatives out of the allocated 48.

Though, she supposed she didn't get all that much time to stress over the facts.

Who could have known that summoning figures of legend from distant eras would make for some 'interesting' encounters?

Especially when a certain Master kept summoning every single registered servant... meaning, they now had almost every single servant involved in the Orleans Singularity roaming around Chaldea.

Like meeting Mozart when you went for some breakfast.

Or running into the patron Saint of France as well as the Blood Countess Carmilla when you went to the bathroom.

Or almost getting a concussion cause the freaks threw stuff around like nobody's business.

Or like right now.

"Goddamnit!"

The floor under her shook and Olga groaned, hastily grabbing for her things lest they be knocked off the table, "You two! Stop fighting in the damn vehicle bay before I throw you out!"

She shouted through the comms at the two 'heroes', namely Mordred and the altered Jeanne D'Arc the Chaldeans had encountered, promptly calling her 'Jalter' cause the full name was a mouthful.

Olga didn't know what they were fighting over but it was probably something stupid like the right to the room next to their Master's.

The fools, Martha had taken it over days after she was summoned and protected it with unsettling fervour... for well over a year now.

"I'm going to cut your food, Mordred. And Jalter, I'll tell Nicholas you were being unruly!"

"He likes it so screw you!"

"You ain't the boss of me!"

The Director of Chaldea wanted to sigh but even that was interrupted.

The door to her office slid away to reveal the as-of-now, strongest member of the A-Team, dressed in a black compression shirt and grey sports trousers... Judging by his wet hair, he'd probably taken a bath after one of his workouts.

"Yo Olga, how's it going?"

A smile was about to form on her face but she killed it and shot it's corpse, regarding him with a flat look, "Nicholas, what do you want?"

S-She had the right to be angry!

The bastard had led her on and then gotten himself married or something!

"Damn, that's cold." Nicholas sauntered into the room, looking around with curious eyes like he hadn't been here hundreds of times before... but well, she knew him enough to know he was embarrassed, "I was gonna ask you for help with something but before that... er... thanks for worrying."

"W...What's that supposed to mean?"

"Yeah..." Nicholas scratched the back of his head, racking his brain for the words, "I'm not all that smart..."

Huh... So he WAS self-aware... to some extent at least.

"But even I kinda understand how I'm in the wrong this time, sorry about that... It's just, well, I'm guessing she might have a mental breakdown or something if I break it to her." The pale haired teenager admitted slowly, looking down at the floor.

And Olga realised something.

They did have something special.

Something no one could take away.

Just like how she was genuine with him, he was the same with her too.

Not to say a simple idiot like him put up walls or masks or anything like most people, he was how he was most of the time but some times, there were little inexplicable cracks.

The guy hated admitting he could care beyond hitting things and from what she knew, she was the only one he confided in when it came to things like that.

So long as she had that, she didn't care about what others did.

The Director of Chaldea leaned on her desk and smiled, "J... Just admit you care."

"Me? Care? Nah." Nicholas brushed her off with a faint smile, waving his hand in dismissal, "Still though, thanks."

"O-Of course, I'll always be here."

The embarrassing nature of the interaction slowly crept into Olga's mind and onto her face.

"Lady, that's a flag right there. Stop saying stuff like that. For all we know, you could become an Alien."

"Pft-... There you go again, with those absurd predictions." Olga laughed at the unamused Nicholas for a good few moments before she wiped her eye and inhaled deeply to resolve herself.

"G-Good job."

Nicholas nodded, accepting her praise before he suddenly narrowed his eyes, "Wait a second, where my reward for taking down Hercules at? I was happy about you coming back and hyped about meeting Jeanne so I didn't call you out but... yeah, I'm not going to the next singularity without my reward."

Lightning cracked down on Olga Marie Animusphere at that moment as a memory so embarrassing she had locked it away, came rushing back into her mind.

You see, back when Nicholas was being an asshole and sat down cause Olga played herself, forcing the rest of the Chaldeans to fight the strongest Demigod Son of Zeus... Olga had promised him a certain something moments before he decided to enter the fray.

"...Y-You'll really make me wear a m-m-maid costume?"

Nicholas nodded flatly, "I'm a good young boy. So pick, either the maid or the bunny one. And don't forget... the whole day."

Olga fumed in silence, red up to her ears.

"Oh and there was that other thing, I think we might need you at the cafeteria."

-

"Uwaahhhh! I didn't get replaced! Damn you! I wasn't forgotten!"

"...G-God would never abandon me, r-right Master?"

"I-I can definitely sing! I... I'm not lil tone deaf!"

Olga arrived to the scene of two saints crying outside the cafeteria, questioning their God and Elisabeth Bathory wailing in her tone deaf way, tears streaming down her face... She noticed Nicholas jumped on him, crying into his shirt.

"Y-You told me I could sing with some practise! I-I can right?!"

Nicholas pursed his lips and slowly patted the girl's back, "...Sure you can."

Somehow, Olga got the faint feeling Nicholas didn't believe his own words.

"...What even happened here?" Olga asked dumbly.

"Martha told us we shouldn't eat meat all the time and get vegetables... Artoria disagreed and ripped into her... Jeanne tried to stop them and got the same treatment... Dunno about Elisabeth there though." Emiya explained briefly, leaning against the door with crossed arms.

"I-I was just hungry!" Elisabeth wailed out, hugging Nicholas harder.

Emiya gave her the stink eye and continued, "Nicholas agreed before leaving and that crazy lady... er... Kiyohime I think? She latched onto that and made a 'pact' with the 'British Tyrant'... My God I can feel myself getting dumber with each word. You people need help."

Just then, Hinako was thrown out of the cafeteria and crashed into the wall, leaving behind a trail of black smoke.

"GRRR! That's it! Get out or I'm going to kill all of you!"

"And why haven't you stopped them?" Olga deadpanned at Nicholas.

"...Well it's funny."

"..." Olga kicked him in the knee... knowing it would do fuck all...

Then she had an idea.

"H-How could I..." She fondled a lock of her hair, embarrassedly averting her gaze, "H-How would I g-get you food if the cafeteria was compromised?"

It was smart... but it was a little too shameful and embarrassing for the woman.

Nicholas paused entirely.

He pried a confused Elisabeth off him, patted Martha on the head and rushed into the room.

"Move, hoes. The kitchen is mine now."

-

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

-

You can find up to 9 chapters ahead at patre0n.com/Bleap

1