Chapter 4 : Miracle
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What Mikhail did was so unbelieveable to Thomas that he was stunned for awhile. It take times to process it as Thomas was never expected to be going this way. As he began to regain his composure, Thomas sighed in amazement. 'What an amount of mana' he thought.

The amount of mana attracted to Mikhail's body is so abundant for a person who's doing their meditation for the first time. The only comparison he can make is with the one who's already stepping to the next stage. While the highlight is the amount of mana, he still didn't forget that Mikhail also succeded in drawing mana in a short period of time. All in all, Thomas think that Mikhail had a gift from the nature.

"I will be damned lad, you are a gifted one" Thomas said with amazement.

Thomas voice waking up Mikhail from his trance. The amazing feels that he get from drawing mana into his body made him forget other things and focused only in meditating. He thought that he hears something before that but the focus he had just made it slide past trough him. Just when at the end where he feels like the sensation is lessened and his body can't take any more mana that he hears what Thomas said.

"Does that mean that i am talented?" Mikhail asking the question that he already know the answer to.

"Yes, at least in the terms of mana affinity, i never see or hear anyone that can attract mana the same as first core warrior at their first time" Thomas giving detail on how much talent he think Mikhail has.

"First core warrior? Is that the next stage of warrior cultivation?" Mikhail focused on the other thing than his talent.

"Yes indeed it is the next stage. Where are you right now is the first step to reach the first core warrior"

"What is core means in the first core warrior?"

"Smart question lad, most people would ask how many stages there are and how strong that they would be if they are in that stage" Thomas smiling with Mikhail question.

"To starts explaining it, first thing that you must know that there are two types of cultivation. One is warrior cultivation that i just taught you and other is mage cultivation"

Pausing for awhile, Thomas continued "It was said that mage is stronger than warrior at the same stage. I never confirmed it myself as i have never met one in my entire life. It can also be noted that if you really put some effort, you can get some warrior cultivation technique. Put more hardwork and you even can get a better one. But, no matter how hard you try, you can't get mage cultivation technique by money and effort"

"Now set the mage aside and let me tell you about the warrior one. The core in first core warrior signifies the process you have to do for you to reach that stage. Warrior have nine stages of cultivation and personally, i have only known people who reach the third stage"

"To reach the next stage, people need to fill up their body with aura until they cannot convert it anymore, telling that your body is full. After that, they would direct that aura into a body parts and nourish it until it was saturated, making that part an aura core. That is what core mean in warrior cultivation" Thomas patiently explains the question Mikhail has.

"Does that mean you can make your entire body a core?" Mikhail asked. It was not a curious question. It is a probe and also the pride is getting in Mikhail's head after knowing that he's a talent in cultivation.

"Well, eventually~ or do you think you want to do it as your first core?" Thomas amusingly going along with Mikhail whimsical question.

"Hah, that is not possible lad. Most people aura only enough to effectively convert around this much" Thomas showing Mikhail his hand looking like he's grabbing an invisible ball with around two fingers space from each hand.

"That much would be most effective way to transform your body into core. Any smaller would be harder to control and going bigger would take longer time to convert"

"Even the hero from the our kingdom founding story only manage to convert his two entire arms when he reach third core. He was recognized as the most talented man in our kingdom history. While i doubt whether the feats in the story were true or not, at least even with that monstrous talent he had only managed to go that far in core transforming" Thomas explaining with smile on how would Mikhail little thought would be futile.

"Well, dreaming is good but never go for the hanging fruit when your feet is not stepping the right branch" Thomas said while patting Mikhail's shoulder.

Well, dreaming was all Mikhail can do right now. Having the unrealistic thought of becoming the strongest and unparalleled with uniquely unreplicable feats is always exist in the main character of the story that Mikhail reads. He knew what Thomas meant by that phrase. He need to set himself to the reality before he chase that unrealistic future. Mikhail set his expectation based on the story he reads and maybe that's not a good start. He should grateful first in the fact that he got second chance to live in this world.

"Not asking what it meant mean that you know exactly what i am talking about"

"Huhh... sometimes i wonder whether you are really a child or some magical creature shaping yourself into a child" Thomas sighed in uncountable times he do it when he perplexed by Mikhail maturity and knowledge.

Mikhail silently pass up the word Thomas said. While it's true that he's not exactly a child, there's no need for him to sound it. If it in the past, he would deny that he's some magical creature or questioningly ask what kind of magical creature can do that. But now as a frequently said sentences besides few more other, ignoring it would be the best course based on the maturity he shows.

"Now that we are done with the lesson, lets go eat something. Do not let the meditation fooled you by removing your fatigue and hunger, they still exist. Your body might be full from mana but it cannot process all the mana, and mana alone would not enough for your growth. Unless you have quite amount of aura and even that would still need food from times to times" Thomas said while guiding Mikhail to the kitchen.

The food is quite substantial, the meat stew that does not skimp on meat, salt and spices, white bread that not quite fluffy but familiar taste and some steak that the wife cooked while Mikhail and Thomas train. She's maybe want to celebrate Mikhail first time training by cooking some steak and maybe some consoling if he can't feel mana at his training, but it's rather good thing as there is something to celebrate. The meal of the rich is as expected, it is still not as complex as the modern food but the taste is thick and feels like a food that Mikhail could have in a restaurant in his previous life.

The liveliness of the table betrays the number that seated on one. The moment that she knew Mikhail was very talented, string of words never stopped coming from her mouth. It starts from praising how amazing Mikhail is to an endless talk about all manners of people in the village young and old. Thomas did not stop her, even chime in sometimes to talk about or refute what his wife says.

'In every world, old people talks was never change, just plainly long' Mikhail thought.

At some point, Thomas noticing that Mikhail start to lose interest and decides to end it.

"Now, it looks like our talks bore you. Go play outside, and remember to come here tomorrow. I will personally guide your training, and the gathering tomorrow you can either come watch or wait for me in my house" Thomas said after he finished his second plate of steak.

Mikhail slowly walking while contemplating what to do from now on. With all of this explained, he really want to be a mage. If the mage in this world are the same as the one he know then it really a shame that he can't learn it. As far as he knows, the trope goes that mage is far stronger than knight and warrior type. But beggar can't be chooser, he would utilize whatever he had right now. He need to remind himself that he should be grateful for what he had. Not everyone, or rather maybe only few selected people can experience a miracle like reincarnation. The talent he had was the afterservice of the reincarnation. Miracle is called such because it doesn't happen twice, so he should savor one when he had it.

[Rebooting complete]

[Welcome to the Multiversal Market dear user]

Welp, that's the second miracle alright...

3