The other world.
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of me stands, a group of wizards. I gulped nervously. How could I find myself in such a predicament?

I thought back to what led me here.

“So that’s how it works?”

“Yes in the world. Magic is casted through humour, as the Goddess of Jokes this world is under strong influence by me! Now go!”

Without further explanation I was sent to another world, after dying. The self-proclaimed goddess in question had chosen me, due to something concerning a bet from the other gods.

I could only sigh when thinking that beings such as gods could have pesky debates. Apparently the goddess of Jokes was seen as just that, a joke. Saying that the rules by which she uses to run her world was fragile, she had an issue with that.

And so dragged me to it to prove a point. I’m supposedly the funniest mortal in the multiverse.

Not to brag but before I died, I was basically an Icon. It first happened back in primary school when I was 7, on the 6th of June 2013. I’ll never forget that day, the schools camera happened to be recording what I said and I went viral.

Ever since then my life has been nothing but ups. It seems anything would work out for me so long as I made that joke.

How I’d get full marks on exams when all I write was that Joke.

That very same joke that made up the personal statement, that got me unconditional offers from all 24 Russell Group universities.

The very same joke that helped me lose my virginity even though I just said the joke and she went crazy. It still counts surely? Yeah definitely.

That joke that gifted me endless promotions, spots on late night TV shows, infinite job offers.

The very same joke that caused me to enter a warfare in an effort to end it.

After all if my joke could do so much for me, then surely for the whole world it could do more.

All I remember was handsomely walking into gunfire, my valiant voice filled with passion and then…

That’s weird I don’t remember?

Actually that was the last memory I had before I met the goddess and I was informed I died.

But I don’t remember how i died….

I decided not to think about.

Now feeling unconfident for reasons unrelated to my mysterious death. I was snapped back to reality.

I looked at all the wizards as they watched me observantly. Taking a deep breath I recollected myself.

That goddess brought me here to prove a point. If I, the funniest mortal in the multiverse can’t tell a joke capable of destroying this world then it proves her system was fine.

So I was enrolled in the grandest magic competition.

I would scrutinise the logic of the gods. But knowing that they’re pretty similar to Greek depictions doesn’t make me confident in doing so.

Well I doubt my humour would be funny in another world, after all they would have different cultural values and whatnot.

That’s right. I’m overthinking it. After my joke bombs, I’ll go live a quiet life in this world.

Feeling ready I then walked over to one of the grand wizards and handed him an ice cream (Given by the goddess before I came) and asked him to eat it.

Everyone including the audience looked perplexed. But it was allowed as he didn’t object.

It’s show time.

I turned to him while he was enjoying his cold dessert.

And asked.

“Hey can I get some of that?”

“Hmph? You hand me this chilled nectar then request for it back?”

“Pleaseee sir, I’ll only take a spoonful.”

“A spoonful eh? I’ll allow it.”

Even though it’s my property he’s talking as though it belongs to him.

I was feeling shy but still pulled through with my act and I pulled IT out.

An object twice my size. An oval shaped bowl at the end with as much width as my body, yet incredibly stylish as the stainless steel glimmered.

It was a comically large spoon.

“You said only a spoonful right?”

——————————

 That was my last memory til I found myself in a familiar place, facing a familiar person.

“WAHHHHH!!! H-How could you!!!! NOOOoooo!”

That goddess was balling her eyes out. Throwing an absolute tantrum.

“I lost the bet! That’s not fair!!!! Waaahhhh!!!”

It appears the planet blew up as a result of my joke. I could sympathise as though I may not be able to understand the scale, losing a world must be….

Wait a second! Why’s she crying about the bet?

You lost a planet too!

The end.

Yes. I write this instead of Wish Breaker.



3