Qingyue
256 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm... it's a beautiful night," Cheon said with a smile as he looked up at the full moon shining down on the world before he got up from bed and exited his room and then made his way outside but not because he was about to make his exit from the clan, but for something else.

Arriving outside, Cheon walked toward the tree where Yun Che and his aunt, in the canon, slept together after his wedding with Xia Qingyue and sat down, he was there not without purpose, but because he knew a certain someone would appear after some time.

"Who are you?" A feminine but cold voice sounded from Cheon's right around ten minutes after he sat against the tree.

"Oh? Finally, decided to come out of hiding? You've been watching me for so long already, I began to think you were stalking me." Cheon said with a smile showcasing his long fangs as he looked up at Xia Qingyue who didn't laugh at his words but instead seemed entranced by his appearance.

"Hm?" Cheon hummed questioningly as he looked at Xia Qingyue with an arched brow.

Upon hearing his voice, Xia Qingyue instantly snapped out of her daze and coughed in an attempt to hide her previous actions before responding.

"You didn't answer my question, who are you?" Xia Qingyue asked Cheon with the most serious tone she could muster.

 "It's only reasonable to give your name first when you speak first," Cheon replied with a look that said, "Have you no manners?".

"I am Xia Qingyue." The ice queen said immediately as if knowing she had begun the conversation incorrectly and was now trying to fix it.

"Ah, the wife of the young master," Cheon said as he returned his gaze to the moon which was acting as a dim light brightening the place he was in.

"I am not his wife." Xia Qingyue said with some identifiable annoyance in her tone, despite not genuinely wanting to marry Yun Che she decided to go through with the marriage for her family's sake, but instead of giving her the respect she deserved, Yun Che didn't even show up to the wedding, she was no doubt annoyed.

'How odd, many would be nervous or afraid upon hearing my identity...' Xia Qingyue said inwardly as her eyes narrowed some, Cheon's nonchalance at her identity was noteworthy.

It was well known that Xia Qingyue was supposed to be Yun Che's wife which would, in turn, make her the Young Mistress, and to top it off she was in a very well-known sect called The Frozen Cloud Immortal Palace. These two things combined made it so that all servants and even elders were very respectful to her, but here Cheon was acting as if she was just another person, it was something she found curious as well as something she liked.

"So, what is your name?" Qingyue said as she gazed down at Cheon.

"Cheon Ma." The reincarnator Qingyue found herself interested in replied.

"I see..." Qingyue said awkwardly, she wasn't experienced speaking with people at all, much fewer men so she was unsure where to take the conversation from here, instead, she opted to switch between staring at the moon and Cheon, or at least she did for a few minutes until she finally thought of something to say.

"Why are you here?" Xia Qingyue questioned.

"I quite like the moonlight and this place just so happened to provide it," Cheon replied as the wind blew around him as if trying to aid him in his every action whilst Qingyue looked at him intently, it was her first time ever meeting a man so striking, she was uncertain how to move forward.

"I see." Xia Qingyue replied coldly before begrudgingly looking away from Cheon and into the sky.

"It's beautiful..." Xia Qingyue said after a few moments of silence, she was clearly attempting to keep the conversation going.

'She speaks more than I thought.' Cheon said inwardly knowing the woman who was supposed to be Yun Che's first wife didn't speak or like men in the slightest.

"Indeed," Cheon replied before closing his eyes and resting his head against the tree.

Like this Cheon sat for a while simply enjoying the feeling of life, it was odd, the fusion, its effects, the emotions it sturred, the thoughts it formulated, the sensations it gave, all of it was odd, but Cheon liked it a lot, it was something new.

"You know... You've been staring for a while now." Cheon said to the woman who despite having worked up the will to look away from him a few minutes ago had already returned her eyes to him and been watching him even more passionately than before.

"I-..." Qingyue stuttered in response before falling silent, the woman's face had already taken a red color, she was clearly embarrassed to have been caught.

"Xia Qingyue, who...is this?" A voice asked from the sky.

'Chu Yueli.' Cheon said inwardly as his eyes stared at a woman with black hair knowing that the woman was Qingyue's master.

"Master... This is Cheon Ma." Qingyue replied as she regained her cold tone and expression causing Chu Yueli to look from her disciple to Cheon who was sitting elegantly without trying to do so.

"Cheon Ma, who are you to my disciple?" Chu Yueli asked seriously, she wasn't fond of men and neither were any of the people within her sect.

"A stranger," Cheon said before as he stood up allowing for Chu Yueli to get a look at him which immediately caused her to gulp with her eyes widened. Due to the shadow of the tree Cheon was sitting under she was unable to see his face as she was floating in the sky, but with Cheon out of the shade she could see him perfectly, and to call him handsome was an understatement.

"Hm, I see." Chu Yueli said as she pretended to be composed before falling silent but only a few moments later Cheon broke that fragile silence.

"As I mentioned to Miss Qingyue earlier, I came outside to watch the moonlight, but it appears I've come across two cultivators instead, so I believe it's best I leave," Cheon said to the two women before walking away, he was originally here to pick up a girl who would give him a treasure but she didn't appear, so there was no need for him to linger.

Now, the two women who heard him only stood frozen in shock out of surprise, but for good reason, these women were used to men doing anything and everything to just be around them but now they were on the receiving end of that, it seemed like Cheon didn't care if he was around them or not, and that was something they weren't used to.

Silently both women watched Cheon depart until Chu Yueli spoke up, she couldn't help herself at this point.

"What a dangerous man..." Chu Yueli said as she released a sigh before landing on the ground next to Qingyue.

"What do you mean, master?" Qingyue questioned curiously.

"That man wasn't even affected by our beauty, it was us affected by his instead." Chu Yueli said seriously, this was a first for her and what she hoped to be her last, the man incited all of the womanly urges with his mere presence, which was dangerous.

"He affected you master?" Qingyue questioned with her eyebrows raised in surprise, she knew just how strong her master was and couldn't help but be taken aback by such a revelation.

"Unfortunately." Chu Yueli said with a slight red hue on her face as she turned away from her disciple, she was embarrassed.

"Dangerous indeed..." Qingyue said with a thoughtful expression on her face as she looked in the direction that Cheon had departed in.

Cheon on the other hand, despite being able to hear their conversation, made no comment, he had always been a man able to swoon a woman with a glance but now he was something on an entirely different level than the previous version of him so it did make sense.

"Hm?" Cheon hummed as the scent of the most delectable blood he had ever smelt invaded his nose.

Immediantly upon catching the scent of that special blood Cheon transformed into a swarm of black bats with crimson red outlines and raced to the place where the scent originated from, and luckily for him the part where he transformed as well as the part where the blood originated from had no people present due to it being night so nobody saw him.

'Here she is.' Cheon said inwardly as he regained his humanoid form while looking at a bloodied girl with red hair whom he assumed to be Jasmine but she looked nothing like what she was described as in the novel, but on top of that there was another red-haired woman beside her that was far more mature than the person Cheon assumed was Jasmin.

"Please... help m-mother..." Jasmine said as she looked at Cheon but was unable to see him clearly due to her fatigue, all she saw was a blurry figure before passing out next to her already unconscious mother.

"An interesting turn of events," Cheon said aloud with a chaotic smile before he suppressed his inner emotions as he did earlier and regained his calm and apathetic expression.

'Now, how do I put these two into the Sky Poison Pearl?' Cheon questioned as he stood in front of the two bloodied women only for them to disappear into the green light which had appeared in the middle of his right hand after thinking about how to use the Sky Poison Pearl.

'I suppose that works.' Cheon said inwardly as he looked at the empty spot where two women had just laid in front of him.

With his two main goals finished, Cheon saw no reason to remain in the Xiao clan and decided it was time to leave, but not before heading toward his room to grab a few things, in particular, the money that the previous Cheon had saved.

With his new goal clear in mind Cheon made his way back to his room before grabbing the money and a few other things before making his way toward the Xiao clan exit, a less populated one than the one he went through as Yun Che earlier.

"Are you leaving?" A voice Cheon recognized came from behind him as he crossed the exit gate.

"I am, Miss Qingyue," Cheon replied to the woman with an arched brow.

"Why?" Qingyue questioned clearly curious, it didn't look like life was bad in the Xiao clan so she didn't know why Cheon wanted to leave.

"I wish to explore the world, Miss Qingyue," Cheon replied partially truthfully, he did wish to explore some but that wasn't the only reason he was leaving.

"Call me Qingyu, not Miss Qingyue," Qingyue said with a slightly embarrassed look on her face.

"Maybe one day... Miss Qingyue," Cheon said with a smirk before resuming his departure from the clan while Qingyue watched his back wondering how Cheon would fare in the cruel world of cultivation.

To be continued...

22