Chapter 3 – The One Who Sees The Future
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Central Academy was the topmost educational institution across the continent. Every generation of graduates from this academy end up becoming powerhouses acclaimed throughout the land.

The opportunity to study here was fought fiercely by even the most powerful families. You needed more than just background to be accepted there; an outstanding talent was a must.

So it came as a surprise to my father when I was accepted. My condition was not a secret to the noble circles of the continent, so when I applied to Central Academy, he did not think I would be accepted.

‘Well, I knew I was going to be accepted.’

“Are you sure you are going to be alright?” My father asked when I was about to board the carriage.

I smiled wryly and nodded.

“Don’t worry, dad. It’s going to be fine.”

Father seemed as though he wanted to say something more, but the madam pinched his waist.

“Honey, stop stressing the children. Trust them, they are capable enough.”

“Sigh, I know. I just can’t help but worry.” Father looked at me and Lina with a concerned look. “Be careful, and call us as soon as you are done. Your eldest sister is also in Academy City, so go with her if you need help.”

“Okay, Dad.”

“Understood.”

Lina and I bade farewell to Father and the madam and boarded the carriage.

Vanessa was already inside waiting for us. As soon as she saw us come up, she told the driver to depart.

“I’m really excited.” Lina could not hide her excitement about going to Academy City. She was even more excited because we were going together.

Just like me, Lina was also admitted to Central Academy. Unlike me, though, nobody was surprised by her admittance.

She had been well-known for several years as the Platinum Magic Princess. Her mastery of magic and fighting techniques put her as one of the most promising geniuses of our generation.

Some people even said that she had a chance to become a [King].

The same can’t be said about me, though.

I patted her head while feeling complicated about the difference between our reputations.

Well, I don’t really care about that.

I already have a lot to worry about as to worry about something that trivial.

Just at that moment, a series of images flashed in my mind.

I stiffened briefly before furrowing my brows.

“Vanessa, tell the driver to stop the carriage.”

“Young master?”

Vanessa was taken aback, but she followed my orders without hesitating.

As soon as the carriage stopped, I got down and went toward a nearby alley. Vanessa and Lina hurriedly followed behind me.

As we entered the alley, we heard the sound of laughter, curses, and something being kicked.

“Hahaha, look at it. It looks like a rat!”

“How long do you think it can endure?”

“I don’t know, three minutes?”

Three young men were smirking and crackling while kicking a small puppy that lay whimpering on the ground.

The puppy was in a really bad state. One of its legs had been broken, it was vomiting blood, and its hair was dirty and rugged.

It had closed its eyes and its breathing became faint. It was not going to live for much longer.

My expression became dark.

“What are you doing?” I growled.

The three young men were startled. They looked at us cautiously, but when they noticed our ages, their expressions became intimidating.

“Get lost, this has nothing to do with you.”

“Hey, hey, they look like rich kids. Perhaps we can get some coins from them?”

“That is a good idea. Hey, you must have money, right?”

My eyes immediately became cold. I was about to make a move, but someone moved first.

With a swoosh, Vanessa appeared in front of the three young men with her fist clenched.

“Impudent.”

Following her words–

*Bam!*

Her fist hit the foremost one.

The blow was so strong that the young man was blown away and left unconscious. Judging from the sound he made when he landed, he should have broken a few bones.

Vanessa then glared at the other two young men.

“Get lost.” She stated.

The two young men trembled and immediately retreated while pulling along their unconscious friend.

“Trash.” She spat and turned around, her cold expression returning to her usual smile.

“I took care of them, young master.”

“Good job.” I smiled gratefully and walked toward the puppy.

When I crouched down and felt its pulse, I noticed it was very weak.

“Let me see, brother.” Lina crouched beside me and touched the puppy. “Poor little thing, it suffered a lot.”

“Can you help it?”

“I can.” She smiled and put her hand on its belly.

Her hands were then enveloped by a soft glow as she groped the puppy carefully, rectifying its broken bones and healing its wounds.

Eventually, the puppy opened its eyes.

It looked at us gratefully and licked our hands. It seemed really happy.

Lina and I patted its head and put it on the ground.

“Good boy. Be careful from now on. Don’t get caught by guys like them again.”

*Woof!*

The puppy barked happily and wagged its tail.

“See you later, puppy.” I caressed its head one last time and walked away.

*Woof?*

“Brother, it’s following us. Can’t we take it with us?”

“We can’t. The academy doesn’t accept pets.”

“But… Look at its eyes.”

I turned around and saw the puppy looking at us with the most adorable gaze I had seen in a while. Its pitiful gaze almost broke my heart.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t bring it with us.

“Let’s go.”

Vanessa, Lina, and I smiled wryly and returned to the carriage.

When the carriage departed again, Lina continued looking back at the puppy reluctantly.

“I wanted to bring it with us.”

“If we bring every puppy we meet with us, our family will become broke just trying to feed them,” I said while rolling my eyes.

Vanessa giggled. “That is true. Young master has a knack for meeting puppies and kitties in danger. Young master, you have never told us how you know they are in danger.”

I smiled mysteriously and put my index finger on my lips.

“It’s a secret.”

Yes, that is my biggest secret.

The fact that I, Linsley Steerl, can see the future.

4