Chapter 8: Best/worst wakeup.
207 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mnn please Zel you're so adorable as a puppy, but I can't breathe very good with you on my tummy, yes one more pat, who's a good girrll", moving my hand down, reality is different, i accidentally boop a kitty nose instead, waking me up a bit more, I feel the familiar crushing weight of Buta instead of a curled up Zelia staring at me lovingly. 

Zel is not even a puppy she's a wolf in game.. throwing my head back into my pillow I cover my face with my hands, ugh I don't need this right now..

*Bweep Bweep* "Cmon Buta, foods here~, let Lilia sleep longer, she has a big day today!" The clinking of food from the dispenser rings out through the house. My stomach is used as a springboard as Buta superman leaps, the weight still leaving an indent, will i ever recover! 

Checking to make sure I've still got all my organs, I groan as I realize how good the dream must have been, my underwear straining and pushing up the sheets.

"Thank you Fia'', I yell out into the living room and a motherly hum of acknowledgement comes back. Trying to settle myself still from a very cute dream, from what is slowly fading away in a haze. Stroking her hair and staring into those big needy eyes, nonono such thoughts only bring ruined underwear and awkward conversations with my new housemate.. She did say there was a privacy mode, the devil and angel on my shoulders are throwing curveballs.. temptation.. which means it's time to get up.

Coming out from the cold shower I feel much more refreshed. Buta is lazily batting around a ball shaped mouse that is dodging rapidly around their paws as they breath hard, the exercise too much for my darling orange fuzzball.

"Hey Fia.. are you controlling the mouse toy I bought?.." smiling at the way the mouse has now become an expert dodgeball player, Fia happily answers, "Yes! I thought it would be good exercise for Buta. I'll have them slimmed down before we know it!" 

"Oh I mean like I'm surprised you're able to, it was only a cheap thing I bought at the animal center after all" rubbing my head thinking of the excursion with Zel, trailing after me at the animal store like a puppy on a leash..

"It seems when Sci-Axium started mass production for general products, they had developed a small chip that allowed household integration through a local wireless network. They already had AI projects in the works, so I can only assume it's was to make AI integration into homes easier, although that was before my creation, it's same with the cat feeder" she hums in satisfaction as Buta takes another leap missing the mouse toy and fumbles overhead onto its back and resigns in defeat.

While having an easy meal of hot oats with manufactured milk and honey, the automated streamer notification pings my home system and Fia turns on my favorite streamer. The wall across the way from where I'm sitting blares to life with color.

VRKingsly is wandering through what looks to be a city with smooth paved roads, their new avatar gloriously as androgynous as possible, looking hot on both sides and sporting some absolute model exclusive wear.

"Honey, you know that when I woke up this morning and saw your fresh faces I can tell you the effort not to wake you up was HARD, there I was looking like a hot top muffin on a Sunday morning breakfast menu!! This is the one and only VRKingsly Looking absolutely VRQueensly on this hot hot street! Let me tell you something, just between me and you, we look good together, absolutely stunning but it would look better with nothing at all. First a word from our sponsor… SYKE it just me it always just me, yall slap enough credits in my g-string that I don't have to be a sell out~, hot things were coming your way but now they are even hotter! This bitch, yes me, not her don't look at her, I am Aphrodites champion, her loyal sluttologist, on my knees praising your asses for existing, what does that do you may ask?! Well I tell you what I already was doing, with the hottest amount of charisma this side of new whorelands i was already pulling npc's into my good graces, just now they are shouting GOOD GOD! AMEN and Daddy! Let me tell you beautiful people go get yourself a goddess to spice up the bedroom, you wont regret it!" 

VRKingsly was walking through the streets and touching NPCs, men and women alike, they all turned to them and blushed. Some stern talking to by partners were happening on both sides, truly it was as if an Aphrodite was walking among them, if only that could be me.. At least for the women. Gods that would be a boost to the ego..

As much as I would love to sit here and watch them galavanting on quests, that would be spoilers and I've got a game to play.

Breakfast finished, it was time to go back in, I send off a message to Zel to let her know I'm heading in and get a quick message back, 

< Better hurry up cowgirl or i might leave your ass behind ;3 >

< Yess ma'am! > I shoot back and get in the capsule, letting the substance wash over my skin and dunk me down into its mass, I'm swept into the void.

As I manifest into the Home Access Point, Fia is sitting on the couch taking pictures of Buta with a data pad, trying to get the right angle. 

"Hey sweetie did you wanna dive straight in?" I nod and smile giving Fia a quick side hug before she initiates login procedures, the same worldview washes over me like before, looking down on the town. 

"Now don't forget I have full access now so just ask for anything you want and I'll be able to help, have fun, I'll be rooting for you!"

Her voice fades away like noise through a tunnel and around me the town comes to life, now what was it that I had to do first?.. I didn't make a plan, I should have made a plan! 

Zel probably has a spreadsheet about what she was going to do today, I barely have an idea much less. I guess I'll go punch things, but to punch things, I need better armor! Hah see brain, plan in the making, perfection.

Wandering over to the items district I enter a shop with an anvil on the front. There's no one else in the store except an older dwarf leaning back in a rocking chair.

Exuding as much charm as I can with my 1 in Charisma "Hey pops, can I call you pops moo?" The old dwarf lifts up an eyebrow and points back to the wall, "Well this is pop's blacksmith shop, so you can go right ahead assuming I'm pops".

On the back of the wall in big bold iron letters is 'Pop's Blacksmithery', eyes wide I really wonder if I'm that stupid or my low scores are getting to me again, "yes quite so *cough* moo."

"I'm looking at getting a few pieces of armor as well as a weapon for punching with. I have about.. 250g altogether if that helps you pick out things I might need moo?..", I'm hopeful that they can just offer me what I am missing rather than deal with having to think through choices.

With a puzzled look on their face they ask "Did you get mugged on your way in, kid?.. I thought that fancy rabbit was giving out a bunch of money to help out new adventurers", realization hits me, the pouch, the goddamn pouch, maybe I should have put my Wisdom in the negatives with how well I'm doing. Pulling out the pouch I open it, and get a few pop ups.

---------
Notifications
{ Received 1200g }
{ Received Necklace of New Beginnings }
{ Received Map of Utor }
{ Received Coin of Nemesis }
---------

Well at least I know I'm not completely broke, I smile awkwardly at the dwarf, he puffs out some smoke through his pipe in response. 

"Okay so I have another 1200 gold so that's 1450g altogether, I guess any light armor and something for my fists for punching with? moo", the dwarf nods and tells me to wait a few minutes while he gathers some gear up, eventually they come back after running around the store and throw all the gear on the table, a lot of it seems to be combined leather with woven metals in them, included seems to be some undergear as well to help the armor not cut into my fur. 

"950g altogether, if you can get me some more Animal drops il throw in some better gear depending on what kind you find, i hear theres a few magical beast nearby, but im sure thats a dream at this point for you rookies", A Quest pops up suddenly and I instinctively accept it, it's a win win since im going to kill things anyway!

---------
<! Quest Recieved! !>
Pop's Request
Pop Needs some monster drops, Furs, Pelts, Claws ect
Reward
Customised equiptment based on items received
200 Exp Per Item Made
[ Accept Quest ]
---------

---------
< Received the following Equiptment >
Leather Breastplate (Common) - Chest Armor
Defense
Piercing - 5
Slashing - 7
Blunt - 5
Effects
N/A

---------

Leather Pants (Common) - Leg Armor

Defense
Piercing - 5
Slashing - 6
Blunt - 5
Effects
N/A

---------

Hide Gloves (Common) - Hand Armor
Defense
Piercing - 2
Slashing - 2
Blunt - 2
Effects
N/A
---------

I also receive 2 Bronze Knuckles.

---------
Bronze Knuckle (Common) - Weapon Main/Offhand
Damage
2 - 5 Blunt Damage
Effects
50% increased Critical damage on weak spots
---------

Pops pushes me into a changing room and I start to get it all together, once I come out they admire their work, "Yup! that will keep you surviving for at least a while longer, now get. I've got to get some shut eye in before another Gnoll tells me I'm racist for not carrying extra small armor", they sit back in their rocking chair and close their eyes before I even leave the store.

The sun is warm on my face, still high in the sky. I decide, this time I won't mess up with checking my items! I have a good look at the 3 other things I got from my starter bag, a necklace, the coin and a map of the town and surrounding areas.

The map is quite simple with regions displayed showing what types of monsters occupy each area and what levels are recommended, there's a few red zones with what I can only assume is a boss symbol. Noting it mentally I also am tempted to look just to have a little bit of thrill.. Not that I've actually had any combat yet.

I quickly fling a message to Zelia asking what her level is, I quickly get back

< Level 6, Im betting you haven't even left town yet? heh wan! >

 I send her back a < ;~; > face and sigh.. Goddamnit.. 

The second item is a necklace that gives +2 to wisdom and +2 to Constitution, they really don't want us to die too early or be dumb enough like me huh..

---------
Necklace of new beginnings (Story) - Neck Accessory
Effects
Wisdom +2
Constitution +2
---------

I put it on and feel an instant change, the world becomes a little clearer as if a haze has lifted and my body doesn't feel like a wet noodle anymore, more of a crunchy biscuit.

The last item is the most interesting one, since I'm Nemesis's champion and the coin flip active ability does reference this coin..

---------
Coin of Nemesis (Unique) - Item
Effects
1-1 Piercing damage
{ Hidden Effect }
The coin of the goddess Nemesis,
Bring down those wrought by hubris,
Bring balance to fate'
---------

It has a hidden effect but also damage?? What am I supposed to do!? Throw it at monsters? I really need to look up more about her.. Or ask Zelia to look up more about her and zone out while I listen to her voice, mnm much better alternative..

At least for now I need to get some levels! Checking the map I head to the north of town and follow a path out into some fields. I'm lagging behind a bit so everyone has already moved into the tougher zones.

Finally, some combat!

------------

Status Interface
Name: LilMoo
Level: 2
Race: Minotaur
Gender: Female, She/Her
Max Health: 35
Max Mana: 22
Max Stamina: 42

Points remaining: 0
Strength: 1 (2)
Dexterity: 6
Constitution: 1 (3)
Wisdom: 1 (3)
Intelligence: 1
Charisma: 1
Luck: 50

Equiptment
Head: N/A
Neck: Necklace of New Beginnings
Chest: Leather Breastplate
Wrists: Bronze Bracer
Hands: Hide Gloves
Legs: Leather Pants
Feet: N/A
Weapon: Bronze Knuckles
Off-Hand: Bronze Knuckles
Ring 1: N/A
Ring 2: N/A

Items
500g
Coin of Nemesis
Map of Utor

Abilities
Passive
Pinnacle of Luck (Unique)
Herald of Nemesis (Unique)

Active
Coin Flip (Uncommon)

Titles
N/A

 

15