Chapter 19: Ruiner Of patriarchy, Queen of foob.
81 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clinking of the spoon on the empty wine glass stops, The butler clears their throat, they look ecstatic, trying to hold back a smile that I can see from 10’s of meters back. I wonder if they let their smile fully out, would it stretch past their cheeks? The mood was getting creepier, guards seemed to appear from corners of the room, silent, pale, hollow.

“Everyone please… Today, we gather, nobility of all kinds, together for a momentous moment, The 18th Birthday of our lady Duchess Anastasia!”

The crowd of nobles stand up and clap as politely as nobles do, whispers and hushed conversation surround the room, some talking about connections, marriage, possibility of connecting families, a ball is an occasion for many to grow in power. Zelia always thought it fascinating so most of my views stemmed from interesting things she found online and talked with me about. I don't even have to discuss what Keek’s opinion would be, eat the rich or some semblance of the thought process. Even with the current socio-economic structure of earth being completely different to the overpowering state of capitalism that ruled back in the day, there will always be people with more than others, through the sweat of the layman.

Looking back over to the throne, Augustus is moving down their small entrance way. Beside him is something I never want to see. If I could claw my eyes out I would, but seeing it once, I'm going to have nightmares of it, could my nightmares get any worse already though?

An unnatural abomination of a human as if bones and flesh and muscles were found in the woods and a child tried to put it back together, a pack of wolves tried to put it back together. Its limbs dripped and swayed held up by rotting sinew, its gaping maw lined with teeth of all shapes and sizes, it shuffles along the ground supported by twisted metal holding it up like a puppet without strings, it’s an approximation of a human, its head has patches of blond hair.

I can only guess it's female, as much as I want to scream WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT to the crowd, no one is screaming, the nobles are still clapping, am I the one that’s gone mad?... Turning to my table I see that the rest of them are as horrified as I am, even Keeks has stopped eating, instead pushing their plate away in disgust.

I try to make as little noise as possible “I think we've found our quest moo…” The rest of them break out of their shock and look towards me, mouths agape, score goes to me for being the most fucked up person in the room I guess, the horrors ive seen.

“They never said it was PG-13 I guess nye…” Keeks whispers to noone.

We can only stand pretending like everyone else that it’s okay, the smiles of the nobles have not ceased, Augustus stands at the center in front of the thrones, still holding the thing’s ‘hand’ or whatever was left of a hand, or maybe a few hands stitched together, I try not to imagine it but it's hard not to.

“Thank you for coming! dear friends, business associates, possible marriage candidates?” At this point he smiles ‘cheekily’, the extra skin making his face expand outwards. “I'm not one to make long speeches, I'm always very to the point, the point being, my beautiful daughter Anastasia!” The nobles clap harder, the abomination steps forward, Augustus grabs it by what is possibly a waist, I see some intestines drop onto the floor behind it, I thought it was already peak nasty, but then Augustus leans over and pecks the monster on the ‘cheek’, where he touches her, the flesh slides off, splat onto the floor, still no one but us notices, the thing seems to be falling apart for every second that lapses.

It opens its mouth and a gargle emerges, it's barely a sound, much less cognisant words. Eventually it crescendos from gurgling into something recognisable, “Thnk u fr coming to birdday partaay enjyyy ad celbraat” The Nobles are still clapping, the left side of its lips have slipped down off its face like dribble down a babies chin. It's like a train wreck, you can't look away. What the fuck is this game throwing us into?!

I look at the Butler, he's not holding back his smile anymore… it’s exactly as I imagined it, his lips stretch off his face, pulling at the skin, nothing holding it on. I can only thank Fia for turning down my blood settings because I can guess it's running, although if it's not and he’s just a thing in a person suit it would make more sense, surprisingly the Duke looks the most human of them at this point, multiple humans sized but still human.

The worst part of the butler is his eyes, looking directly at our table.

Augustus and Anastasia move backwards and sit down on their ‘respective’ thrones, the metal grating against the smaller seat of ‘her’ puppetry.

“Guests please line up to present your congratulations to Duke Augustus Ustlav and Lady Anastasia Ustlav of Utor.

Ustlav… wait Isn't that the name of the big city or something? Doesn't that make them some kind of royalty? That explains why even when exiled they are still visited by so many people! They must still carry a lot of power just by name alone. Ugh, even thinking about such things I can imagine Zelia lecturing me about them.

We turn around in our seats and bring the situation forth.

“What the fucking fuck are we supposed to fucking do, fucking might as well be eating shit right now while that fucking thing drips its body parts all over the place!” ChewedBone Spouts out swear after swear, spittle flying, it barely even fazes me at this point, the grotesque monstrosity on tonight's occasion has put things into perspective.

“There's definitely still something that needs to happen or happening, like this can't be it, a gangly abomination of a girl made out of basically stick moo?!”

We all throw our heads into thinking up what could be going on, distracted… but not enough to hear the first crunch, shattering of bones, tearing of muscles, sucking up of blood and the gnashing of teeth against flesh. Hesitating we all look to the front, with the line of smiling nobles we have a clear view, lucky us… the first in line had brought forth their son and with relish ‘Anastasia’ had consumed them in only 3 bites, a nearly grown man of pubescent age, a 3 bite meal. They were being heartily chewed on, enjoyed to the fullest as their father watched on with a smile on their face chatting with Augustus. A glazed look that I didn't notice until now coming from all the people in the room, even Augustus themselves, like that of Natasha the Wolf when we entered the ball room.

“Her skin has grown back… oh it's worse, she's getting bigger.” Ahh there it is, our fucking challenge. Having consumed the first one the quest pops up on our consoles.

---------
<! Quest Update !>
Attend the Duke’s party
Save as many people as you can at the dukes party
Rewards are determined by people saved.
!Currently 159/160 alive!
Reward
To Be Determined.
[ Good Luck ]
---------

You. Mother. Fucking. Goddamn. Fucking. System!! At least looking at Keeks I can hear her screaming in her head, the absolute fury on her face.

“THERE BETTER BE A BIG FAT MONEY REWARD NYE!!!” She pulls out the bone Cutlass from somewhere under her dress brandishing it with relish. I'm curious where she hid it but at this point I'm not that curious. Next to us Oak the tree person suddenly splits in the middle, a bastard sword and a long staff made of metal with a pink jewel at the end fall out of it, SunRock picks up the bastard sword and ChewedBone the Staff.

Bonemuncher looks at us directly and screams “What you think just because I’m a fucking hob-goblin I can’t be a magic user! JUST BECAUSE THE END IS PINK!?” SunRock reaches over and slaps them on the cheek.

“Restrict your race setting before I restrict it for you!” ChewedBone shakes their heads in shock and opens up their console.

“Sorry love, it really throws me for a loop sometimes!.” Keeks and I side eye each other, god damn maybe we should lower ours as well if it can push you that far!? I didn't think their speech pattern was all because of their settings. Yeesh, I may have gotten off easy with just mooing.

“Cute Nye! But we ain't got time for that nye!” They throw their thumb over their shoulder, oh we really don't. The monolithic pale human meat sacks are coming in our direction, makes sense that its not just that fucked thing that we need to contend with if we also need to save people, can’t save people when we are attacked from all sides.

Four Humanoids lumber over from the corners of the room. I'm glad and disappointed that the big door doesn't open for more of them to come in, at least then we would have an easier escape route.

SunRock moves first, definitely the brains of the operation, she points towards the ones coming from the front of the room indicating they will take care of them, while we should deal with the ones closest to the door, then regroup when they are defeated to help anyone struggling.

They move out instantly, ChewedBone seems to use a spell directly from their staff to throw buffs onto SunRock, while Oak scuttles surprisingly fast across the wooden floor towards a different Humanoid. The HobGoblin hurries after the Lizardwoman after another buff is thrown onto the tree person. Turning around I realize Keeks has already dashed off to the one on the left.

“This is for the matriarchy NYEEEE!” I Look down at my hands pulling them into fists and focus on my bones, activating Bone Control I do the same thing I practiced before, the tearing of my skin and muscles as the bones expand outwards forming their own brass knuckles, mana being imbued into my bones desperately, knowing the incoming threat approaching closer, harder, Harder, MORE! Diamonds into fucking diamonds! please!!!

Mana 22/112
Stamina 75/119

I was able to do it quicker this time, focus better, I'm used to it in desperate situations, life or death like in the octagon. All my mana drained from trying to make it as tough as possible. The sound of approaching footsteps stops, oh, I utter a single word as I look to the side, “moo?” I do what my brain tells me to do, what I was trained to do, I punch, I punch as hard as possible.

< Bolster Guard - Activate >

It hits me like a tonne of bricks or in this case, stone, as the hammer comes smashing towards my midsection, both fists go out, flying backwards over the table I try to latch on to anything I can, needing to get a footing, in this case it ends up being the food table, and not so much latching on as crashing into.

In the distance I hear a “fooob nyyoooo…” She’ll live.

Pulling myself up I see that the hammer has a large crack in it, damn.

< Received 22 damage after reductions(5 defense, 20% Bolster Guard) >
< Deal 26 damage to Stone Hammer (5 Base, Crit, counter, Slugfest) >
< Durability damage inflicted on Stone Hammer >

From the looks of it one more blow would break the hammer in 2, maybe it isnt all that its cracked up to be… fuck making jokes at a time like this, checking my stats I see that I have a weapon equipt now.

------------
Bone Fist main/offhand
Damage:
5-5 blunt
5 defense all types
Effects:
50% increase damage to weak spots
------------

It has its own defense stat, which makes sense if it's strengthened. I'm guessing if I had better investigation stuff I would be able to see more about my gear too? Oh!

< Inspect Lvl 1 - Active >
< Ability Inspect leveled up >
< Inspect Lvl 2 cast instead >

------------
< Inspect Lvl 2 >
Name: Zombie Guard
Type: Stitched Human
Threat: F+ Rank
‘Oh please zombies aren't real! Just folktales made up by the poor, oh… they are swarming the gates!? Why didn't you say so! - Last recorded words of guard captain O’Brien of Marquise Pompadour'
------------

At least these are just 4 and not a swarm, what amount constitutes a swarm!? Important questions, not to be answered as it runs towards me throwing dinner tables left and right with only one hand!

It smashes down and I dodge to the right feeling the air currents that follow the hard hammer’s head bearing down on me, swinging with a right hook my fist connects directly into the zombies temple. Thank fuck for my height, I follow it up with a left jab to the solar plex, its head is thrown left and then its body is pushed backwards slightly, loosing its balance.

< Inflict 42 damage to Zombie Guard (5 Base, Crit, weak, counter, Slugfest) >
< Inflict 10 damage to Zombie Guard (5 Base, counter, Slugfest) >

Gods it's nice to do consistent base damage! No more hitting ones for this bitch! As long as it's swinging it counts as a counter attack too!

Stomping forwards with my left leg I lower my gravity, getting up further in its mangled face, positioning myself I sweep its foot with my right and pull my fist up, bringing it down against the creature's forehead, crack.

< Inflict 28 damage to Zombie Guard (5 Base, Crit, weak, Slugfest) >

It smashes into the ground backwards dropping its hammer, it's not dead yet but it's gotta be close! I kick away the hammer and step on its chest. A hefty split is running from the right of its temple to the center of its forehead, pieces of skull poking out. At this point it must surely have brain damage?! At least all those zombie movies have paid off, double tap! Bam bam! With my right hoof I smash at its head again and again and again trying to finish cracking its skull open hoping to spill all its brains out, making sure it's dead for good.

---------
{ Zombie Guard has been defeated }
{ 1200 exp Gained }
{ 4620/4000 Max Exp Gained }
{ Level 9 Achieved }
[ Level Up ] { Please assign your 5 additional status points }
{ 620/5000 until next level }
---------

Yusss free full heal! I quickly throw my points into Strength before I'm forced into combat again, I'm going to need more firepower!

“Woo you go moo girl nye!” Turning to my left, Keeks is sitting on one of the dinner tables with a plate full of candy, nomming on it like popcorn, off to her side of her room is a decapitated zombie, instead of helping she decided to enjoy the show.

“How can you eat at a time like this moo?!” She pouts and puts down her plate making teary eyes at me.

“I hungy for foob…” I click my tongue at her and she shivers under my annoyed gaze, of course she's happy at that, we are in combat with a time limit!

Speaking of.

!Currently 146/160 alive!

Fuck, looking over I can see why so many people have died, I swear it hasnt been that long!!

------------
Status Interface
Name: LilMoo
Level: 8
Race: Minotaur
Gender: Female, She/Her
Max Health: 105
Max Mana: 112
Max Stamina: 119

Points remaining: 0
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 6 (9)
Constitution: 3 (5)
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 10 (12)
Charisma: 1
Luck: 50
------------

Foooooob~
If you like what your reading there are usualy 8+ chapters over on patreon if you want to support me <3 As well as extra chapters of my other story Cursed Moon
https://patreon.com/NerdyafCreations
And a Discord if you wanna join in talks about the books and other gay things!
https://discord.gg/uYzrb2uDFb

6