Chapter 3 Mysterious Girl
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "Where? …Where?”

      The air was filled with terrifying whispers. The situation was very urgent, and Jack looked around.

 

      Suddenly he found a small shop where he had been before and thought to himself:

 

      "There!"

 

       He used his last strength and rushed into the store. He closed the door and moved chairs, tables, whatever they were, as long as he could block the door hard...

 

        The store was very small, so Jack had to hide in a storage room at the back of the store. He grabbed a piece of cloth to cover himself and hid at the foot of the cabinet.

 

       As the whispers became louder and faster, the sun had completely disappeared from the horizon. At this moment, the whispers disappeared instantly.

 

        Although Jack was hiding, he was very nervous and alert, because the most terrifying moment would come in a few seconds.

 

        A few seconds later, howls spread, and vampires poured out of various buildings, like all kinds of insects pouring out of their nests, climbing all over the outer walls of the buildings, baring their teeth and cracking mouths in a terrifying way... Allen put the cover on the The cloth on his body was gripped tighter.

 

        At this time, everyone in the shelter was nervous when they found out that Jack had not returned.

 

       "What happened to Jack!? Why didn’t he come back?”

        

        Although Monica was walking on crutches, she was walking back and forth with Nate very uneasily. Others were also genuinely worried that something might happen to Jack.

 

       " I'm going to find Jack! I just can't stay here"

 

         Monica was worried and said this first, and it was obvious that Jack was very important to her.

 

       "If you want to go, I will too!”

 

         Nate volunteered not only because Jack was a good friend of his, but he also wanted to protect Monica.

 

        "Don't be stupid! Do you want to die when you go out and there are so many blood-sucking monsters!?"

         Olivia was the first to jump out and object, because she was super afraid of death and was afraid that once she opened the door to the shelter, vampires would come back.

 

   "I object too. Don't you know what kind of monsters are out there? And we have been living in this situation for a year. Jack is so smart... he must know how to hide!" 

 

  Frank also helped, although he He was also afraid of death, but he was right, Jack knew how to hide...

 

         Amanda, who has always been sober-minded, also felt that what Frank said was quite reasonable, and drove her out to comfort Monica and Knight.

 

        "I also believe that Jack is very smart and will find a place to hide. Don't worry... We will look for him together when the sun comes out tomorrow... Don't take risks now."

 

         After hearing these words, Monica and Nate felt a little less impatient. But Monica still stared at her watch, hoping that tomorrow would come soon...

 

        "Jack,.....what are you doing now?...."

 

________________________________________________

      The winter sky began to drizzle, possibly due to the sudden change in weather, and the air began to become colder. And because the electricity is still running, the street lights at night are brightly lit, but lifeless.

 

    Jack was in the dark storage room, breathing the cold air carefully through the cloth. From time to time, the screams of vampires and the sound of rummaging through boxes and cabinets can be heard outside...

 

       Even though a year has passed and the entire city has been deserted, these vampires are still desperately looking for traces of humans. Jack is very curious...how do these vampires survive without humans to suck blood?

 

        Suddenly Jack heard the screams of some animals outside. Curious, he tiptoed to a small window in the storage room and secretly opened a corner of the curtain to look outside.

 

       "What?!" 

 

    Jack saw a cruel scene. A vampire captured a sheep from nowhere and was torn apart by several vampires, sucking the blood...

 

      Jack was shocked by this scene. It turned out that these monsters sucked the blood of all creatures. How terrible that was...

       Jack couldn't bear to look at the bloody scene, but when he turned his head, he noticed one thing, that is, far in the city center, there was actually a brightly lit top floor on the top floor of a tall building...

  

     "Why are there lights there?..."

     

       Jack really wanted to observe what was going on in the brightly lit tall building, but he was alerted that a vampire was climbing on the wall of the store, making a "dong dong dong" sound. So he immediately lowered the curtains and retreated to the corner, holding his breath...

 

       Soon after, a shadow appeared in front of the window. A vampire was climbing on the wall, searching there, and looking into the window.

        

       At this time, Jack tensed his nerves to prevent himself from making a sound, but his heart was beating rapidly, because these monsters that were no longer human could catch their prey as quickly as a mantis when they found it.

 

       The vampire observed the room for a long time, and finally didn't find Jack hiding in the room, so he jumped away with a frightened cry.

 

      At this moment, Jack finally breathed a sigh of relief and took a deep breath, because life and death just happened in just a moment.

 

    "Fortunately, we weren't discovered... Let's wait until dawn..." 

 

    Jack kept hugging himself and fell asleep leisurely...

 

      ____________________________________

        Morning finally came after a long night, and all the vampires were hiding again. Jack was awakened by a sound that sounded like someone flipping through merchandise on a store shelf. Jack felt very alert and secretly peeked out of the small window in the storeroom door.

 

       He saw a girl with long reddish-brown hair, who was facing him selecting cookies placed on the shelf. Jack found that there were tables and chairs behind the store door that he had moved to block the door. He concluded that the girl might have hid in the store before him yesterday and he didn't notice it.

       

      Jack slowly opened the door of the storage room. When the girl heard the sound, she quickly stood in the opposite corner and looked at Jack in shock.

 

      "Hey...don't be afraid!I am not a bad guy...what's your name...?"

 

      The girl stared at Jack warily with her beautiful mottled blue eyes, but didn't say a word, as if she couldn't speak...

      She indicated in sign language that she couldn't speak and pointed lightly at Jack.

 

     "You can't talk?...I'm Jack" 

 

Jack carefully walked out of the storage room, judging that the girl could hear but couldn't speak, and slowly walked towards her.

      

      "You were hiding here yesterday?.. I'm sorry I didn't notice. Are you hungry?"

 

Jack picked up the biscuits on the shelf and handed them to the girl. The girl seemed to feel that the boy in front of her did not mean any harm. He took the cookie, opened it and wolfed it down.

 

        After a while, the girl had enough to eat, but this time Jack was also so hungry that he grunted. The girl got up and took a pack of biscuits and handed them to him with a smile.

 

       "You give it to me?....Thank you."

       Jack took the biscuit and opened it. He handed one piece to the girl and asked her:

 

       "Do you still want to eat?"

 

       The girl looked at Jack happily taking the biscuit, and she and Jack looked at each other, smiled, and ate the biscuits together.

 

        Jack observed the girl carefully and felt that she should not be over 20 years old. She had fair skin and a beautiful and classic face, giving people the feeling of a princess in distress. However, Jack found that her whole body was clean, and she didn't seem to be wandering. He felt it was strange, so he asked:

 

        "Hey...where are you from?"

        

         The girl's face became troubled when she heard Jack's question, because she seemed unable to remember who she was, and kept blinking as she was lost in thought.

          

        "It's okay... I can't remember. Take your time. Do you have a place to live?" 

 

  Jack asked the girl gently.

 

         The girl shook her head and looked at Jack helplessly.

         Jack looked at the morning light outside and slowly turned brighter, then he held out his hand...

 

         “Do you want to come with me?...There are a few of us living in a hidden shelter in the city. We have water and food and we can take care of each other... How about it?"

 

        The girl looked at Jack and hesitated for a moment, but still nodded in agreement, because she really had nowhere to go and could only trust the boy in front of her.

 

        The girl timidly stretched out her hand for Jack to take, and Jack smiled to express his kindness.

         

        Jack pushed aside the barrier behind the store's entrance and led the girl out of the store.

 

      " The weather is nice and sunny! Look…"

 

 After Jack confirmed that there was no danger, he looked back at the girl, but he didn't expect that this look back shocked him...

 

        Under the sunlight, the girl's pupils shone white like diamonds, which shocked Jack. But what was even more shocking was the girl's hands. Her nails actually grew longer in an instant...

 

        Jack's hair stood on end in shock. He was smart and realized immediately...

 

       "How is that possible?!!...You are...a vampire!!"

0