Ch. 48 Valorous
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch. 48

“Valorous”

Every breath he takes causes our knees to touch briefly, and I feel my cheeks growing redder as rain drops roll off them. Warmth starts in my core.

“While traveling with my father during one of our voyages to Vulpar we came across a Kraken.”

A fucking what? Like in the ocean? No.

“I have a sister.”

What? He has a sister? Not had?

“The black splat on the floor in the hallway is from the Oreli.”

Well fucking shit. Clever mortal vampire.

A kraken just seems to farfetched, but like how long did he go sailing in the seas? Adros has a forest full of creatures? Could the deep depth blues also hold more creatures? Could one survive one such as a Kraken?

Does he actually have a sister? Like a living breathing sister? Or is she also a vampire? Or something else? Fae?

He has already pieced together the me size black outline on the hallway floor is from a Oreli because I was fucking asking about it. Shit.

I shake my head and a stutter moves across me. Warmth chasing after it. “So, if I guess right do I get more information?”

Zanir leans back on his palms pushing his knees further into mine. Rain still hitting the leather of his vest in a now rhythmic soothing melody. “Only if it goes both ways.”

“Alright.” My eyebrows burrow together.

He mentioned his Mother carrying mint and was a powerful healer. His father was a traveling merchant. I bet his Mother would have requested him to stay behind with her if he was an only child. Unless he had a brother? Oh, Nyx…Hmm…

“The lie is the Kraken.” I cross my arms. “Given all the stories I have read, one doesn’t just sail away after an encounter with a Kraken.”

Zanir mouth twitches while studying me. “I do have a sister. Actually we are pretty close. I would send her letters and once she stopped returning them, I started to get worried. Around that same time people and creatures started going missing. Another reason I went searching for Muma Padurii.”

My eyes grow. “Do you know where she is?”

“No, I have had word from her in weeks.” His eyes darken, the orange flames slowly dying down. He clears his throat, and the darkness vanishes. “If you are wondering, we look nothing alike. She took after our Mother.” His eyes move up to meet my face. “So where is the Oreli tattoo?”

Fucking shit.

I was too concerned with scrubbing all the blacken blood off me to even look for it. Nyx, unless it is somewhere I can’t see it. Shit, that nasty rotten toothy creature is somewhere on me.

“It is on your ankle and from the expression on your face I am guessing you forgot to look.”

I scrunch up my face with a scowl and all he does is laugh, and I want to punch him, but my cheeks feel like they are on fire.

“I have more questions about this so-called sister you have, so prepare for that at a later date. But it is my turn.” I straighten my back and attempt to make myself more intimidating than I am. I know it horrible failed when Zanir chuckles slightly.

I clear my throat, “Halfy has taken someone’s eye because of me.”

Fucking Taeral deserved it.

“I am terrified of Anansis.”

Eight fucking legs.

“You absolutely don’t get on my nerves.”

Oh, little bat…

Thunderclaps again, closer than before, and lighting lights up the night sky.

I blink as the lighting lights the skies above us and nearly spring to my feet as Oana appears at the open window.

“Are you guys done transpiration like plants yet?” She has a huge grin on her face. She is reading too much into this.

“Yes, I suppose.” I stand and grab the bottom of my nightgown and it feels like weights in my hands as water moves past my fingers.

Oana’s grin grows wide, and she takes off back inside.

I take about one step when there is a tug on my wrist. My night gown falls, and I nearly go with it. My eyes move to fingers laced around my wrist up to the owner of the brave soul who owns them.

“What did I say about touching me without my permission?” I meet the stare of longing mortal vampire flaming orange eyes, the blue is gone…

“Make me stop.”

My daggers sit in my bathing chambers on the table next to the tub. Even though Kiza is quiet, my powers are exhausted and so is my mind. Maybe that is why I remain froze in this moment.

“Let’s test a theory.”

Before I can even process what is happening his lips are on mine…

0