2. I Have a Core!
77 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Suddenly she felt something burning hot shoot up from the ground into her hands and she burst into giggles. Reflexively she removed them and saw that all her fingers had different glowing colors: the pinky was white, the ring finger was pink, the middle finger was yellow, the index finger was green with golden dust, and the thumb was blood-red with golden dust.

Mai felt like E.T and raised her eyebrows at the sight. Both her hands had the same glow but after further observation her right hand felt warmer.

She furrowed her brows and felt a lump in her throat.

"Is it just my imagination or is it true?"

Using her mother's method, she placed her left hand on her forehead which felt comfortably warm. She placed her right hand on her forehead and felt that it was burning hot. She alternated touching her forehead with both hands again and finally concluded that she wasn't crazy.

She furrowed her brows and muttered "Am I getting sick? Why are my hands so warm?"

She didn't want to waste any more time and stood up. She brushed the dust off her short summer dress thoroughly and noticed that the white stuff from the deer was now completely gone. She touched her neck and noticed that there was nothing sticky or anything else that felt weird or gross on her skin. She sniffed the air around her and sniffed her stomach several times. She raised her eyebrows at the discovery and broke into a smile.

"Well would you look at that. Am I so magical now that I even absorb odor?"

Mai burst into laughter but quickly stopped herself and looked around.

"I can't walk around with glowing hands but I can worry about that later. First I need to figure out exactly where I am. I'm sure I died a little while ago."

As she had no idea where else to start, she began walking in the same direction the deer had gone.

As she had been walking for a long time she pondered her situation. There was nothing but grass and more grass everywhere. She had counted seconds on her fingers to keep track of time but stopped when her head hurt. She had just reached an hour and observed everything around her. The sky was now dark blue and the sun was high in the sky indicating that it was mid-afternoon. The sun's rays beat down on her and she felt it scorching hot on her skin. She adjusted her dress as she had done several times during the walk.

She bit her lip and muttered "When will a town come? Just an oasis would be fine with me."

She longed to dive into a lovely cold lake surrounded by coconut trees just like in fantasy movies.

Mai continued and chose to take it as it came hoping to find a way home at some point.

The animals didn't even glance at her, and the peculiar living bushes avoided her automatically creating a clear path for her. She walked on it automatically hoping that there was something at the other end. There were no mountains in sight as far as the eye could see and it seemed that the plain stretched infinitely into the blue.

As Mai thought of her dog she felt a sharp pain in her heart. Suddenly she felt something poking between her breasts and touched her chest. It was burning hot but there was no bulge. Suddenly it throbbed under the skin. Her heart skipped a beat and she stopped immediately.

Raising her eyebrows she exclaimed "What the hell? Do I have something underneath?"

She sat down to examine herself carefully.

First her hands and now this.

"What's next?" Mai muttered under her breath.

She closed her eyes and felt a pulsating sensation between her breasts. The sound echoed in rhythm with her heartbeat. Suddenly she sensed something small, white, and round glowing far ahead of her. It grew larger and turned into a huge white glowing sphere. Mai reached out slowly towards the sphere which felt warm and fluid. She inserted her fingers into it and felt a sharp pain between her breasts.

"What are you? Why are you inside me?" she asked furrowing her brows.

Opening her eyes she looked at her hands which no longer glowed in different colors.

She continued walking and noticed the path transforming into small stones. She attempted to pick one up but was interrupted by a loud thud to her right. Looking up she saw a large white bonsai tree with a thick trunk and white fruits the size of avocados. One fell and split in half revealing a white pearl, a seed which looked exactly like the one Mai had between her breasts. She was reminded of how her eyes resembled a crater and a walnut resembled a brain.

"So it's a seed I have inside me." She broke into a smile and suddenly became very interested.

 

 

3