2: Awakening
36 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Azuron, huh?

"Nice to meet you, Azuron," I said, and finally woke up from my inner realm. I stood in the same place before the trial, but now I held Azuron. I looked over to the left and saw Reinhardt still struggling in his inner realm. All I could do was hope he survived.

While I was waiting for Reinhardt, multiple people died, and multiple people got controlled by their weapon, causing them to get killed as well, but this time, killed by Vanpers and not a sword. The Vanpers were the strongest warriors our kingdom, Pofel, had made. I had to become one of them if I wanted to achieve peace throughout the kingdoms.

I saw more and more people dying or getting their bodies stolen, which made me nervous about my brother. Over half of the participants were already gone. Soon enough, he opened his eyes, and a greatsword manifested in his hand. The sword was black in the middle, and both edges of it were white.

I sighed in relief as he looked over at me, proudly. After everyone finished with these trials, directors from prestigious academies entered. Their passes of trial were taken to an area where we would test our powers. We all stood in front of a dummy, and we were asked to call out our swords.

The first in line shouted, "Come out, Ainshar!" And a blue crystal-like dagger appeared in his hand. He pointed his dagger toward the dummy, and multiple daggers made of ice shot toward it. The ice daggers went straight through the dummy, which made some of the professors interested in him.

After talking for what seemed like ages, a man with short brown hair and furrowed eyebrows stepped forward. He wore red clothing with an emblem of a shield on its sides. "Bertoth Academy will be taking you," the man said, and left. The boy followed quickly as well.

"Aeron Heral, you're next," someone said.

I nodded and called out my sword, "Manifest yourself, Azuron." They seemed interested as the purple sword manifested in my hand. I looked over at the dummy and made a downward slash in the air. Azure flames ran rampant toward the dummy and incinerated it, not even ashes remaining.

Suddenly two people stepped forward. One with a dark purple outfit and having a double sword emblem, and the second was from the best academy of our kingdom: Sreion Academy. Without a second thought, I chose to go with Sreion.

I followed a man dressed in a black uniform, with two yellow lines near the wrists. We finally got to the main road, and there, a carriage awaited us. The carriage looked as if the royal prince was using it. We sat in, and he bombarded me with questions. "What was your trial?", "What are your plans?"

Not having any choice, I answered all of his questions. I explained how this sword tried to manipulate me with my past traumas, how it made me fight imaginary monsters. And I told him what my plans were: to put an end to this conflict between kingdoms. To achieve peace.

On which, he seemed to change his expression.

The carriage finally stopped, and we got out. I stood before a massive castle-looking building, with walls so clean that they shined. Almost everything was made of gold. What else would I expect from the biggest academy in our kingdom?

Finally, we got in, and guess what I saw: More gold. Hallways stretched until the limit of my sight. People were coming out and into the countless doors.

Floors were made of some weird kind of wood that seemed to fix itself if it got damaged. Walls were made of a material I couldn’t grasp what it was; they were shining a bit. Ceilings were full of art about past events: drawings of wars, drawings of rebellion, and drawings of freedom.

There he took me to the highest point of the academy: The principal’s room. Where they gave me an outfit to wear. It was black, looking the same as what the principal wore.

Next, I got sent to the class straight away; Class B. Everyone gazed at me as I sat down on the empty seat. There, a person with black hair and dark purple eyes struck up a conversation with me. His name was Rrezik.

He seemed to have the same ideals as me, so we became friends really quickly. There I also befriended some more people.

Rayan: A boy with brown hair and darker shaded eyes, his weapon was a spear, and could cast attacks made of light. Elenor: A girl with long silver hair and dark pink eyes, her weapon was a rapier, whose power was quick-paced teleportations. Leya: A girl with blond hair and green eyes, her weapon was a normal sword, which could summon unbreakable chains from thin air.

We even made a friend group before the teacher walked in. After the teacher walked in, she asked all of us to introduce ourselves. When all of us finished introducing, she did the same.

Her name was Herea.

"Today we will review knowledge that everybody should know," she said, and started speaking about the weapons.

"Weapons are the beings bound with the power of the higher deity Azor. There are 2 types of weapons; the type that uses your traumas to try manipulating is called Feriots, and the one that tries to fuel your anger to manipulate are called Griths. But there is 1 more type; ones that use both of the strategies: they are known as Fallen Deities."

'That's me,' Azuron chimed in my mind.

I decided to ignore Azuron and keep listening to Herea.

"Fallen deities are rarer and way more powerful, but they aren’t as rare as you might think," she gazed at me. "For example, two people have a fallen deity as a weapon in our class. Meanwhile, in the A class; they got eight."

"What's the power difference?" someone in our class asked.

Herea was quick to respond, "Griths are the weakest out of the three types, known as Sovereigns as well; they are only able to use 1 attack, or 2 if the user is strong. Feriots are the middle class of the weapons, mostly called Harbingers; they don’t have an attack limit, and in rare cases, they can even transform. If a weapon and a user have a really strong bond."

Herea took a deep breath.

"What about fallen deities?" Leya asked.

Herea gazed at me yet again and proceeded with the answer, "Fallen deities can use multiple powers, meaning they can, for example, have time manipulation as well as space manipulation. And of course, they can transform as well. Transformations are like magically enhanced armors but stronger; they make you over 5 times stronger than a person without it."

2