Ch 60
87 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 60

Cha Hye-rin.

The first thing that surprises Sung-hyuk is that she's requesting contact, and that she does it via a Transcendent.

'Does this mean she has an incarnation contract?'

In fact, Sung-hyuk realized that she was far from normal.

The fact that she had the status of a VVVIP in a 5-Star+ room, which was only available to around 10 people on the Asian server.

It was an indication that she was someone who had a lot of coins, and having a lot of coins meant that she was a player of considerable skill.

"I'm only going to disable it for a moment."

[The Transcendent Being, Shadow Empress Lehurin, extends her gratitude].

Since he had nothing to lose, Sung-hyuk temporarily lifts the block.

[Message blocked has been lifted].

[Player Green Bean has left a message].

[Player Earthenware Collector has left a message].

.......

And with that, a long backlog of messages.

Particularly from a player named "Greenbean," the officially ranked #1 player on the Korean server who had laid down the groundwork earlier, with over 100 messages in his inbox.

"Ha, this is why I blocked him."

The nickname Honeybee came with a lot of weight.

However, attention should be in moderation, and Sung-hyuk grimaces at how excessive it is, so he deletes the messages.

[Player Silent Harvester left a message].

『Sung-hyuk, do you remember me? I'm Cha Hye-rin, and since we're about to go to war, I'd like to join forces with your shelter, is that okay? We're famous for our Yeonbun Noodle Soup, but our shelter has a lot of young children, and due to the war situation, we decided it would be better to merge with your shelter. Of course, I promise no harm will come to you if you refuse.』

And the Silent Harvester he found.

A message from Cha Hye-rin.

It was a long one, but to summarize the point, she wants to join Sung-hyuk's bee farm as a resident.

Naturally, as soon as Sung-hyuk sees it, he can't help but have questions.

'What's she up to?'

In all honesty, the fact that she used to be a family member of his old orphanage is not a bad memory for him.

After all, everyone at the orphanage had similar scars, so they knew more than anyone else about their own pain.

But, it would be foolish to trust her solely on that basis.

As time passes, people are not always what they used to be, and the world has changed into a violent and dangerous place.

In this situation, the fact that Cha Hye-rin possessed so many coins is one of at least two things.

Either she hunted overwhelmingly strong and large numbers of monsters,

Or...... was preying on players who have a significant amount of coins.

If it's the former, he can't possibly tell, but if it's the latter, then it's a different story.

It could directly translate into a life or death situation for Sung-hyuk.

"Ignoring isn't always the best option."

Avoiding communication is one thing, but avoiding players with VVVIP status entirely is not a good idea in this instance.

Particularly with the ongoing war with the China Server, adding a powerful player to the team could drastically reduce the number of bees being killed.

One need only look at his own farm to understand this.

There are only four inhabitants compared to the vast number of bee forces.

But the kind of support they provide is hardly to be taken lightly.

Although the expansion of the territory would have been possible with just Sung-hyuk and the bees, the buildings, powerful traps, and agricultural resources would have been impossible for Sung-hyuk alone, not matter how many times he died and resurrected.

'For the sake of the future, it's better to have strong people on the team for security.'

Various specialized professions, including unique 'exclusive' professions.

The importance of each player's value is best kept on the same side.

"Well, if I get it wrong, I'll just have to defeat them."

Regardless of whether Cha Hye-rin's intentions are good or bad, Sung-hyuk is confident.

He knows that he can win, thanks to the various honey products that have made him stronger,

*Weing~~* *BuZzZZ!!*

*BuZzZz!!*

There was a trusty army of bees backing him up.

* * * Support the Translator by reading it in GalaxyTranslation97 Website, and NOT IN Aggregator Site * * *
* * * * Read in GalaxyTranslation97 Website * * * *

A single notification beeped as she stepped out into the field and nonchalantly slaughtered the monsters that had begun to lurk nearby.

[Player Honeybee has replied to your message].

Hearing the reply, Cha Hye-rin sheathed her weapon and smiled as she looked over the contents of the reply.

- Hooh, a 'real' smile. That human must be quite special to you, an ex-boyfriend or something.

After all, the ability of a Transcendent to read between the lines is not something to be ignored.

The glint in Lehurin's eye that recognizes whether Cha Hye-rin's expression is 'real' or 'fake'.

In response, Cha Hye-rin's expression instantly shifts to a cold one, as if she's wearing a mask.

'You're fine being a voyeur, huh?'

- That's too much. I'm the one who got you that message, Are you upset about such a thing?

'.....'

Although it's certainly a favor from an Incarnation, she's still a Transcendent.

Since it was true that Lehurin had swallowed her pride, Cha Hye-rin tries to sound unconcerned.

'He was just a special family member.'

- Does that mean you don't intend to kill him?

'How can I kill my family?'

The remnants of the Sunflower Orphanage of the past, whom she treasures as much as her current family, 'Lee Yeonbun'.

- I can't believe you said that. The human mind never ceases to amaze me. Is that because you're the only one who can think like that? Well, whatever. I just enjoy watching your adventures, that's all.

Lehurin is momentarily baffled by Hye-rin's words, as she had slaughtered thousands of people without a care in the world.

But is that why?

Lehurin only smiles, as if she's looking forward to seeing what this incarnation of the one she made a pact with will do next.

* * * Support the Translator by reading it in GalaxyTranslation97 Website, and NOT IN Aggregator Site * * *
* * * * Read in GalaxyTranslation97 Website * * * *

The owner of Sung-hyuk's beekeeping farm is none other than Sung-hyuk himself.

In fact, even when Sung-hyuk first accepts them as residents, he emphasizes the hierarchy of the bees, emphasizing their sacrifice and hard work.

However, people's hearts change as they grow closer together.

While living with Soo-hee, who gave him one of her greatest perks as an Incarnation, as well as with the other residents, Seok-chul, and the bright-eyed Cheonsu and Yeon-ah, Sung-hyuk also valued the opinions of the residents and asked for their input.

"New residents? As long as they're not Evil, I don't think I'd mind. The farm is still expanding, so the more people we have to cover the land, the better. Even if they approach us with bad intentions, we have the bees, so it shouldn't be a problem."

"Do as you please, Sung-hyuk. I'll just trust you. By the way, if there are more people, we'll have to build a house for them to live in."

"New people, Big Brother? Well, it would be nice to have some guys my age, preferably combatants!"

"I'm in favor, big bro."

The residents are mostly in favor of the new additions.

Of course, the addition of new people could lead to risks, but as Soo-hee mentioned, with the Bee Army watching over them in real time, they can't dare to act rashly.

With the unanimous consensus of the group, it was half a day before Sung-hyuk replied to Cha Hye-rin with the location and the key instruction not to attack the bees.

[We've Spotted a Player!]

[I saw a Player!]

[Player Detected!]

[We have detected a player!]

.....

A group of players who were spotted by the scout bees that are always patrolling the outskirts of the territory.

Six well-built men and one elderly person.

Following them were four or so children and a woman, Cha Hye-rin, who looked exactly the same as she had in the past.

It's a small group, only about a dozen people, and considering that a third of them are children, about the age of elementary school students, they can be called 'elite' just for having managed to survive so far out there.

'And if Hye-rin's story is true, that old man is probably Yeonbun Soup.'

Yeonbun Soup, a unique nickname that still ranks third on Korea's official list.

Similar to Sung-hyuk, who sells processed honey, the elderly woman's presence on the farm would be a boon considering he sells quality pork in addition to soup on the exchange.

"Sung-hyuk, do you want me to come with you?"

"No. I'll just take Yongbi and Danbi with me."

"Okay. If you think they might be in trouble, call me right away."

"Yes."

But that "advantage" was only when they became allies and fellow residents.

There's Cha Hye-rin.

Or more accurately, Cha Hae-rin is assumed to be a force to be reckoned with, so Sung-hyuk decides to show off his strength even more.

“kkueoeoeo-!!!”

“kkuwong, kkuwo-eong!”

The giant crescent bears live up to their name.

Including Yongbi and Danbi, who are monster-sized for a Field Boss,

*WEING~~* *BUZZZZ!!*

*BuZzZZz!!*

Four Elite Bees and a swarm of bees, all of which are now much stronger thanks to the Bee Guardian's power, which has increased his size from 8 centimeters to around 20 centimeters.

With a determined stride that betrays no sign of weakness, accompanied by his fully armed entourage, Sung-hyuk promptly arrives at the location where Cha Hye-rin's party is camped.

"Hehe......."

"This is quite the spectacle."

Is she surprised that he has two field boss monsters as his entourage?

Or is it the sheer number of bee swarms?

Regardless of what it was, it certainly made an impact.

As Sung-hyuk dismounted from Yongbi, an elderly man from Cha Hye-rin's group took that as a cue to step forward and extend his hand.

"I'm glad to see you. I'm Lee Yeonbun aka Yeonbun Soup. We'll be in your debt from now on."

"You're welcome."

In any case, these are people who may soon become residents of his shelter.

Showing strength is good, but too much of anything is bad.

As Yeonbun steps closer to greet him, Sung-hyuk takes a step forward and returns the greeting.

Thus, the new residents are officially welcomed.

"I'll show you the way first, so please follow me."

But still, Sung-hyuk isn't ready to let down his guard just yet.

He doesn't mention the traps or wax turrets that are scattered throughout his territory, and as he begins to lead them, they nervously follow him.

However, the silence doesn't last long.

"Wow, they're beautiful."

"I think the bees are very sincere!"

"Hey, isn't that flower being eaten by bees?"

"Bear fur is warm."

The children, riding on Yongbi and Danbi's backs, stare in wonder as the bees harvest the safflower.

Wasn't it said that the younger the child, the purer they are?

In the strange world they live in, the children quickly lose their shyness and speak frankly about the bees.

And for Sung-hyuk, a beekeeper by nature, it's not a bad thing when bees are praised.

Before he knows it, a small smile forms on his lips,

"They're cute, right?"

"I guess so."

Cha Hye-rin approached Sung-hyuk, who was wordlessly guiding her, with a smile.

6