Ch 61
99 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61

Sung-hyuk's apiary farm.

As they arrive at the heart of the farm, where the hives are clustered in order, they each give their personal observations.

"Wow..."

"I think I'll see all the bees I'll ever see in my life here."

"Wow, I guess this is why Honeybee puts so much honey on the Exchange."

Not surprisingly, the hive is where the bees congregate and where new little bees are born.

It's fascinating to see the colorful array of bright colored reds, greens, and yellows weaving in and out of the beehives.

It makes sense that Honeybee's supply of resources would be so vast, and it's hard not to gulp in terror at the thought of all those bees turning against them.

But is the way adults see things, and the way children see things, a little different?

"It's cute how they buzz around!"

"Their fuzzy bodies are adorable! They must be warm!"

"It seems like the little ones have good judgment, but we shouldn't disturb them. They're all busy working right now."

"Yes!"

Children bouncing on Yongbi and Danbi.

They are fascinated by the cute way the bees are wiggling their bottoms, rather than the stinger.

The praise the bees are receiving is pleasing to Sung-hyuk, the bee guardian, but he isn't all smiles.

As the owner of the shelter, he has to take the necessary measures and take the initiative.

As he had done before with Soo-hee and other residents, he emphasized that the entire environment was built at the expense of the bees.

"I understand. Since our position is that of integration, we will follow your views as much as possible."

"Thank you, Elder."

Though it was only a verbal agreement, with no contract, it was better than nothing.

With Yeonbun's agreement in hand, Sung-hyuk showed them where they would be staying.

"We've constructed two buildings, one for each gender, although they're not personalized. There aren't any special furnishings, but it should be comfortable enough for living."

A half day's time.

In reality, it would be impossible to build a habitable home in this short amount of time, but this is a world where the game's systems function.

Seokchul's skill with masonry and an overflowing supply of wood, beeswax and propolis to hold it together, and even bee cocoons.

The two houses that resulted from these unexpected byproducts are not only durable, but the temperature inside is also quite satisfying.

"I think this is pretty cool, right?"

"It's a house, as long as it's stable, I'm happy with it!"

"Huh? Is this a functional building that also has benefits when you spend some time here?"

Premium quality wood and byproducts, no less.

Combined with excellent craftsmanship, the result is anything but ordinary.

When inside, the sweet, honeyed smell of the house is soothing and relaxing, creating the perfect conditions for a restorative sleep,

Waking up refreshed may not seem like a big deal, but in today's monster-infested world, it's a welcome relief, even if it's conditional on getting at least six hours of sleep.

And best of all....

"What? I don't have to bother staying up at night?"

"Wow, I used to struggle with my messed-up sleep pattern from waking up early every morning, but thanks to this I can finally live."

"It's also awesome that the bugs don't bother us anymore."

"I think bees are going to be my favorite bugs from now on."

The Gilite plywood beehive provides illumination even at night, eliminating the need for nightly rounds with bees that work nonstop.

Moreover, since even the usual bugs and monsters don't approach, from the perspective of those who used to suffer from constant disturbances outside, it's like paradise

It's only natural that gratitude toward the bees, who have created such an environment, now outweighs any fear.

They take a moment to organize their belongings while marveling.

"Everyone meal preparations are done, have you guys eaten?"

Sung-hyuk enquired, bringing a smile to everyone's face.

Honeybee is the recognized kingpin of the Korean Server and owner of a honey processing enterprise.

There's no doubt his meals are anything but ordinary!

And sure enough?

"Welcome, everyone. I haven't cooked much, but I hope you all enjoy."

"You haven't made much, isn't this going to break the table?"

"There are so many different kinds of dishes, it's not even comparable to my elderly sister who only knows how to cook soup."

Everyone's eyes widened at Soo-hee's culinary creations.

Sung-hyuk can't blame them.

Even if they claim to be die-hard fans of rice soup, in a world like this, eating nothing but pig’s head rice soup for every meal can’t help but become tiresome for a human.

On the other hand, the honey-soaked main dish and the sweet dessert were just too tempting.

Seeing food that makes your mouth water involuntarily, it's only natural, isn't it, for adults and children alike to feel tempted?

"I'll see you all later, I've got some amazing things to prepare...."

"You said you like to drink liquor. I have a new product that hasn't even been listed on the exchange yet, would you like to try it?"

"Hoho. Thank you, young man."

Of course, there was one character who didn't seem to like their behavior, but regardless, a good time was shared over a hearty meal.

There's no better way to get to know people than to share a meal and some good alcohol.

The small friendships were made over a meal together.

He doesn't know if it's because of that, but the flight of the bees suddenly changes.

*Weing~!* *Weing~~*

*BuZzZzz!!*

"Haha, Hello. Nice to meet you, bees."

"This is the honey you guys have collected. It's delicious. Thank you."

"Wow, they're so cute, big brother. Can I pet these bees?"

The bees stop what they're doing and approach the newcomers, hovering over them to show their affinity.

"Sure, you can touch them, they won't attack you."

"Hehehe!"

A world where people are scarier than monsters.

In a place where one never knows when they'll be stabbed in the back, it's surprisingly simple for Sung-hyuk to determine whether someone is harboring rash thoughts or not.

'They've been recognized.

Bees are made up of many colonies yet one mind.

Protecting their queen is more important to them than their own lives, which means that they have no enemy within their midst.

Was it through the bees that Sung-hyuk fully embraced them as 'residents'?

"Huh? I just got a quest. It says to take care of the orcs in the foothills?"

"Well, I think I've been granted one too, but it's a little different than mine, isn't it, brother?"

"Anyway, the reward for this one is pretty good, isn't it?"

'Land flowing with milk and honey' is a special situation applied to Sung-hyuk's beekeeping farm.

Those who were included in the area of effect were also given a quest.

"This is a special situation for my farm. Everyone will receive one quest per day."

As they continue to live together, he can't hide the existence of the traps and wax turrets forever.

Sung-hyuk, who has learned about the bees' true intentions through their behavior, slowly lets down some of his guard and offers what he can.

"No way that's...?"

The first is Sung-hyuk's processed goods: royal jelly pills and high-end processed goods such as propolis films and cosmetics.

Despite the fact that they only provide a one-time permanent stat boost, these items are perfect for boosting virility and improving one's complexion.

"Now that you've become part of this community, I'm not such an unscrupulous person that I can't give you these items at the exchange's selling price. I'll even give you a discount, or, depending on the situation, I'll just give them away if you meet my quota."

"Ohhhh!"

"Is that true?"

After all, it's only a small fraction of the total production that needs to be listed on the exchange to maintain its high value.

In addition, as bees continue to be spawned, the rate at which byproducts are collected is continuously increasing.

In this situation, it's more effective to take the initiative and leverage it for the benefit of the bees rather than for the sake of coins.

"And if it's all right with you, can I know your respective status? It's up to you to tell me the details, but I'd like to start by distinguishing between combatants and lifestyle."

"Of course."

In principle, information is not something that can be given simply by one party, but must be passed on between two parties.

Since Sung-hyuk had given them so much, it was only fair that they shared their information with him.

"So, to summarize, we're talking about four lifestyle members and eight combat members?"

"That's right, but is there a problem?"

"No, no. More combatants is a welcome thing. In fact, we're a little overwhelmed with lifestyle occupations right now."

Now that he mentioned it, the distribution of positions on Sung-hyuk's beekeeping farm is quite bizarre.

In total, there are five residents, including Sung-hyuk.

Of those, four are lifestyle class, and only one is a combatant, and even then, Cheonsu is a trapper, not a straight-up fighter.

From a balanced perspective, and from the standpoint of the outside community, it's a miracle they've survived this long!

Still, it's no longer a concern to him.

"Well, then, please take care of us in the future."

Six strong, reliable men and two kids who look like they have a lot of potential.

And most importantly, Cha Hye-rin, a strong woman who has earned VVVIP status.

With her on board, the bees will have fewer sacrifices to make.

* * * Support the Translator by reading it in GalaxyTranslation97 Website, and NOT IN Aggregator Site * * *
* * * * Read in GalaxyTranslation97 Website * * * *

Among the 12 settlers, there was Yeonbun, who seemed to be in a non-combat role, along with two children, and unexpectedly, a middle-aged man with a sturdy physique who appeared to be in a combat role.

"It's good to see you have a barn, dear. Do you mind if I use all the available space here?"

"Yes, you may do as you please."

"In that case, you'll have to excuse me for a moment."

Unsurprisingly, the most influential of the four is Yeonbun Soup, which is the official #3 ranked on the Korean server.

______________________________

[Class Specialization - Pork Head Soup Master]

* Mother of Pigs: Increases the growth rate of your pigs by 5 times.

* Soup and Rice Master: Increases the effectiveness when crafting soup with great success.

* Raging Energy: The sex drive of your pigs skyrockets.

* Piggy Bag: Stores your pigs. While in this state, pigs will stop growing. 230 / 230 (Storage increases with level)

* ???

______________________________

Is it because Sung-hyuk introduced a new product, the tri-color Honey Wine?

Or is it to establish credibility as a new member of the community?

Whatever the reason, she shared with Sung-hyuk that she's a 3-star, which is a unique profession normally not shared.

This gave Sung-hyuk some insight into why she asked if she could occupy most of the empty spaces in the barn.

*Oink!* *Oink!*

*Squeal~~* *Squeal~~*

One of her specialties was 'piggy bags.'

As expected, the number 230 written there literally meant living pigs, just as Sung-hyuk had anticipated.

"....It's incredible."

Lee Yeonbun's overwhelming ability to supply pork makes it seem like there will never be a shortage of pork in the future.

Of course, that wasn't the only surprise.

"Hohoho. Let me show you something more amazing."

By common sense, this number of pigs.

And such a large number of distinctive varieties that seem to come from many dimensions, it's unlikely that the exchange could have accommodated them all.

It didn't take long to solve the mystery.

*Oink* *Oink* *Oink*

A single piglet materialized out of nowhere.

It was clear where it had come from, a pink-skinned little creature running around with its eyes barely open, squealing with excitement.

"Is it the skill of the Elder?"

"You're quick on your feet, dear."

Lee Yeonbun, the master of pig head soup.

She literally has the skill to 'create' pigs.

"I look forward to working with you in the future. Oh, and this is a Nobong Ark(Age Homemade Liquor)¹ that I made myself, so you can drink it when it's properly aged and has lost its poison."

"Oh, such a precious thing, I'll be sure to use it sparingly."

After learning that Yeonbun is a fanatic about wine.

For Sung-hyuk, dealing with her has become less of a challenge.

** ** **

TL/N:

1. 노봉방주인 refers to a type of homemade alcoholic beverage that has been personally brewed.

The term 노봉방주인 conveys a sense of pride and care in creating this special brew. It implies that the person has put effort into crafting it and wants others to enjoy it once it has properly matured and any potential toxicity has dissipated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GITsCoVgVE

 

6