Ch 62
151 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 62

The newest members of the household.

While Lee Yeonbun's ability to secure meat was certainly top-notch, it didn't mean that the other three were inferior.

"I'm not as good as Older Sister, but I know a bit about minerals, and I can help with the combat side of things."

"I-I know a little bit about foraging."

"Me? I can package items."

"And since you're a person trusted enough by Older Sister to share, I'll also share my job specialization. Well, it's not a unique occupation, there's nothing particularly outstanding about it."

Although it's not a unique profession, the years of experience and the knowledge behind it shouldn't be dismissed.

Kim Chul-kang, a middle-aged man with a four-star rating as a master blacksmith.

There was also something unexpected,

The two twin sisters were both two-star unique occupations, with their own occupations of Fairy Hands and Pure Packer, respectively.

"This is really something. Welcome, everyone."

And each of their abilities is of great value to Sung hyuk's beekeeping farm.

Even though they may be of a lower star rating, it is almost as if they have their own unique specialty.

From Ahn So-hyun, who has the "Fairy Hands" that can process whatever she gathers by adding fairy power to it, to Ahn So-dam, who is a " Pure Packer" who can package things in such a way that they will have a long shelf life without causing any harm.

Some might consider it a bit of a surplus of power, but Sung-hyeok's farm is quite special.

[Successfully Found Natural Vegetation, a cluster of Shirbon King Potatoes (★+)!

[I have discovered a Natural Vegetation, Peridot Enoki Mushroom (★★-) cluster!]

[Successfully found an Imperial Topaz Beehive (★★+)]

[Found an Imperial Topaz Beehive (★★+)].

......

Starting with the usual natural vegetation, to mushrooms grown by spore mycelium bees and bee cocoons obtained from silkworm bees.

There's a whole array of other foraged items, including honey byproducts from Sung-hyuk's honey harvesting and timber from Lim Seokchul. And of course, the crops of Soo-hee.

In short, there were countless different kinds of resources to be collected in a single day.

As such, the twins' abilities are not only put to good use, but the addition of blacksmith Kim Chul-kang is even more fortunate.

The reason?

"...W-What's all this stuff?"

"It's a mineral."

"Wh-Who would ask that without knowing? What I want to know is, what kind of absurd quantity is this? And on top of that, the purity is so high! Is there something like a mine around here?"

"It's sort of like that, but yes, there is a mine nearby."

A summon ticket to Macherti's Golden Mine was one of the big purchases Sung-hyuk made at the first auction.

As a result of the Golden Goblins mining tirelessly here, one of Sung-hyuk's warehouses is piled high with minerals to the point where it occupies a whole room.

Under normal circumstances, he would have sold them off as they accumulated more inventory, but now that he has a blacksmith, it's a completely different story.

It's far more efficient, both in terms of experience and efficiency, to be able to use or sell useful weaponry after secondary processing than to merely sell items that are primarily gathered.

"Feel free to use all the minerals here. However, I trust that you will produce something commensurate with all that you use."

"Hehehe..... Just leave it to me, let me do it."

"Of course."

Therefore, Sung-hyuk was willing to utilize the additional blacksmith talent he had gained this time.

* * * Support the Translator by reading it in GalaxyTranslation97 Website, and NOT IN Aggregator Site * * *
* * * * Read in GalaxyTranslation97 Website * * * *
* ko-fi.com/tscatthed *

As the number of bees increases, they naturally expand their territory to find more flowers.

The resulting benefits are a wider range of activity and more harvested nectar, but not everything is all positive.

[Rubigem Worker Bee (★★+) has died].

[Peridot Worker Bee (★★+) has died].

[Rubigem Worker Bee Zombie (★★-) has died].

.......

Naturally occurring bee deaths as a consequence of continued territory expansion.

Reconnaissance by scout bees and the subsequent setting of traps based on that information, as well as the use of wax turrets and zombie bees.

Despite the various measures of protection, it is impossible to avoid all the damage caused by monsters that randomly spawn out of nowhere.

This means that in order to mitigate the effects of all of this, it is necessary to rely not only on the bees, but also on the help of the players with combat roles.

"My name is Kang Cheonsu, Oh, since you're all older than me, feel free to speak comfortably. Older Brothers.

"Hahaha! Your politeness is very appealing. I'm Jang Jiho."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Kyung-bae. I look forward to working with you.

After the brief introductions and pleasantries, done as briefly as possible since they would be companions in the battle ahead, Cheonsu continues his explanation by recalling the instructions he received from Sung-hyuk.

"So you're saying that there's a whole minefield around this forest, right?"

"I've handled mines in the army, but I've never stepped on one......."

"Hey, man, you call that a mine?"

"Well, the mines I stepped on the other day when I was out there with a bunch of soldiers didn't hurt too bad."

The trap, a collaborative work between Cheonsu and the bees, one of their byproducts, bee venom.

When they learned that traps were scattered throughout the forest, their first reaction was one of disbelief.

Soldiers vs. Civilians, another event quest given before the outbreak of war with China.

Along the way, some of the members of Yeonbun Soup had experience stepping on landmines and other trap items, but due to their level and stats, they were treated as brutes.

This is because they hadn't suffered any catastrophic damage.

"Well, I don't know how destructive the traps out there are, but it's still better to be careful."

"Aww, look at my body. I can handle most traps with my defense."

"It must be daunting, right? Remember the first time you saw Yongbi and Danbi, the giant crescent bears? They were both taken down in one fell swoop with a trap."

"Fuhahahaha, what a joke. How can you defeat a level 25 field boss monster with a trap?"

"......."

Kim Kyung-bae was once a fitness trainer patted him on the back and reassuringly told him not to worry.

For a brief moment, Cheonsu becomes a little upset that his trap was disregarded.

However, at the sight of the monsters who have been respawned and are approaching, a smile appears on Cheonsu's face.

[Foothills Elite Orc Warrior Level 17 (★★+)] - Elite Monster

[Two-Headed Hog Wolf Level 16(★★+)] - Elite Monster

[Foothills Orc Warrior Level 15 (★★)]

[Foothill Orc Archer Level 15 (★★)]

......

"Tho-Those are Elite Monsters?"

"They're pretty high level, too?"

Despite having hunted quite a few monsters in the outside world, they couldn't ignore the appearance of such an opponent.

Still, as they had plenty of experience in hunting, they were about to prepare without lowering their guard.

"Hmmm. Is it the effect of the Tribe that appeared not long ago? They seem to have gotten stronger. Anyway, there's no need for everyone to go out, the traps can cover that level."

"......What?"

Even with my most powerful trap items, the difference between monsters with 'Elite' and those without is enormous.

It rendered the combatants, who had experienced it countless times and knew it better than anyone else, speechless.

*Click-*

An unsettling sound, as if something had been touched that shouldn't have been.

That was the beginning.

*BOOOOOM!!*

*Whoosh!* *Whoosh!* *Whoosh!*

An explosion accompanied by a baptism of arrows that had been rigged somewhere.

Within the poisonous clouds, an elite Orc foothill warrior mounted on a twin-headed hog wolf struggled and tried to sprint out of the area, all in vain.

*Bang!* *Whooooooooosshhh--*

The sound of something heavy being fired, followed by a wind-tearing, murderous noise.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!*

A deafening explosion, which quite literally flips the monster over on its back.

"What, what is that?"

"I-Is it a cannon?"

After the traps, the beeswax turrets that the Architect has constructed all over the forest.

Those who witnessed the extraordinary destructive power with their own eyes were left stunned, observing the state of the monsters that had been struggling before them,

*GRRR* *gr....*

There was nothing more to see.

The monsters were grotesquely wounded, poisoned, and rendered immobile.

They were already dead.

"Nonsense....."

These are monsters that are considered 'elite' even if they are below the level of Field Boss monsters.

Having seen such a powerful monster get slaughtered without being able to fight back, they couldn't bring themselves to say anything disparaging about the trap.

They couldn't help but think.

That monster lying there in a pool of blood right now.

The idea that it could be them makes their hearts sink.

The overwhelming destructive power and painful death that comes with being poisoned.

'Didn't Cheonsu just say that if you step on it, you'll die on the spot?'

"For the record, the traps I used are among the weakest I've ever set, and if it were real venom, even without additional strikes, those creatures wouldn't have been able to twitch."

"......."

Whether Cheonsu was aware of their feelings or not.

Trapper Kang Cheonsu shows off his traps like it's no big deal.

It is often said that seeing is better than hearing.

They suddenly realized that the bees weren't the only scary thing in this forest.

* * * Support the Translator by reading it in GalaxyTranslation97 Website, and NOT IN Aggregator Site * * *
* * * * Read in GalaxyTranslation97 Website * * * *
* ko-fi.com/tscatthed *

Combat and Lifestyle professions.

The first night since the arrival of the new residents, each with their own characteristics.

While everyone was asleep, a single figure cautiously stepped out of the house and was about to make its way outside when a voice called out.

"Hyerin, where are you going?"

A voice that immediately recognized her presence.

Hye-rin turned her head to see Sung-hyuk smiling at her.

"Oh, I just need to use the restroom."

"I see."

There was nothing wrong with that.

Even in the world where a game system has been introduced, bodily functions are natural.

But Sung-hyuk is not convinced and grabs Hye-rin's shoulder with explosive speed.

※ Bee Acupuncture's Turbulent Dark Galehound Venomous Legs: For 60 minutes, you are immune to fatigue and gain 30 Dexterity and Control.

※ Bee Acupuncture's Turbulent Dark Galehound Venomous Legs: For 60 minutes, you are immune to fatigue and gain 30 Dexterity and Control.

Sung-hyuk had already maximized his Agility by stabbing the acupuncture points on his legs in succession.

"What do you think you're doing, Sung-hyuk?"

Cha Hye-rin reacts sharply to Sung-hyuk, who approaches her at an unexpectedly fast speed and subdues her.

But before she can say a word, Sung-hyuk speaks up.

"I have one question, who the hell are you?"

"Huh? What are you talking about? It's me, Cha Hye-rin."

An obvious answer, given her appearance.

But while she may be able to fool the residents and everyone else around her, it's impossible to fool Sung-hyuk.

How is that possible? It is quite simple.

"No, you don’t seem like a living being right now. My bees don’t show any favor or hostility toward you, which is unusual. As a human, you should have a presence, but you’re completely absent. I wanted to ask you right there, but you must have your reasons, and you don’t want to become an enemy. That’s why we’re meeting separately like this. So, can you explain how this happened?”

"......."

The karmic weight of a 5-star unique profession.

As they say, an anomaly can recognize an anomaly.

From the moment they first met, Sung-hyuk had sensed Cha Hye-rin's mysterious identity.

"Heh, our Sung-hyuk is quite something, isn't he? Just as expected from my 'Family'."

Cha Hye-rin's expression instantly changed and she smiled.

Cha Hye-rin, who has changed into a human doll, or to be more precise, a shadowy figure, admits that she is not the 'real' person in front of him, and her eyes fall on Sung-hyuk.

"Okay, since we're going to be in this together anyway, but please don't tell...... Grandma Lee Yeonbun. As a favor."

"Okay."

6