Ch 71
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
https://ko-fi.com/tscatthed - Subscribe for membership of $3 and Read up to Ch 82

Chapter 71

"Block it! If the shelter is breached, we're all dead!"

"Ranged attack incoming! Tanks! get your shields up!"

"Lifestyle players, are we sure they're all inside?"

A horde of Chinese players rushing in after Honeybee's shot at the First Auction House.

In a world akin to an apocalypse where survival is already challenging due to the incessant regeneration of monsters, the emergence of a colossal nation like China brandishing its sword is nothing short of a plague.

So, while most players would be furious at Honeybee for creating this situation, surprisingly, they are in the extreme minority.

Why?

It's a very simple reason.

"China. They're as bad as always!"

"Anyway, neighboring countries have always been a problem for Korea!"

The closest neighbors to Korea are China and Japan.

These two countries have a long and tumultuous history, and in general, most people don't see them in a good light.

In the first place, what China brought to the table as a reason for war was, to put it bluntly, completely ridiculous!

"Relax! We have our buffs!"

"The buffs are in cooldown! Everyone stick together!"

"If it's dangerous, don't hesitate, just drink! You can always earn coins, but once your life is gone, it's over!"

"Yum, the taste of aged honey wine before a fight is amazing."

And above all, the importance lies in the significance of the existence of Honeybee.

Consider the situation.

Since the beginning of the ruined world, Honeybee has been providing the exchange with countless honey-related products.

Consequently, most of the people who have been carrying honey-related products since the very beginning have been Koreans, and this has allowed them to hunt safely and level up from the very beginning.

Of course, now that the exchanges have been consolidated to Asian servers, they are all being sold except for the Chinese server, where Honeybee restricted transactions, and most of the Koreans who had a head start are quite high leveled compared to other servers.

Even in a state where there is a difference in levels, if you stack the buffs from honey processed products on top of that, what then?

In other words, not only is there a difference in level, but there's a difference in buffs!

"Hold on, as long as you survive, there's no better farming moment than this one!"

"You crazy asshole. The idea of farming while killing people is creepy."

"What if I don't kill him, then I die?"

"That's true."

The idea of farming by killing humans instead of monsters was uncomfortable to say the least, but the reward of 1.5x the loot from the event quest in "War" was certainly worth the name of sweet farming.

What's more, due to the "Honeybee's Reward" that Honeybee has granted to all Asian servers, other Asian servers' rankers are hunting down Chinese players to get their hands on the incredibly potent Seokcheong Tri-colored Honey Wine.

*Clang!*

"Disgusting bastards. Charging at others under the pretext of lame excuses, some things never change, whether it's then or now."¹

"You can't fix people, Brother Dalsu, just give them a proper mental education separately and that should do the trick."

"Green beans is here!"

"You're the Earthenware Collector! We'll win this battle no matter what!"

"As Koreans, let's win this battle together!"

"Let's Go-!!!*

In addition, the Korean players, Greenbean and Earthenware Collector, are the most active players in the war against the Chinese players.

The players vying for first and second place in the official rankings are confidently leading the charge in battles, leaving no room for inadequacy when it comes to uniting divided shelters, groups, and so on, into one.

The Korean players on the battlefield gained overwhelming dominance in a moment when they temporarily found allies they could trust among anyone who might stab them in the back at any moment.

However, there was something that must not be forgotten.

Asian servers.

Particularly the continental power of China, which is not easily subdued.

*Whoosh* *Swiirl* *Swiirl*

A dozen or more blue lights began to appear in the rear as Chinese players stalled for time with their lives.

It looked like an unknown, installation-like structure; that was the pride of the Chinese server, the Emperor's Head.

It's the skill of portal creation, one of the abilities of the Linker Summoner, a unique class of three stars.

And true to its name "Portal", the function it possesses is quite simple.

"Multiple portals up. Recall!"

*Woouuuuung-!!!*

Portals glowing blue in resonance with each other with the skill name.

Then a single giant gate is constructed in their place.

"W-What is that thing?"

"What is that!"

A skill of extraordinary scale is seen for the first time.

There's a moment of stunned shock.

Soon, the Korean players are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of Chinese players bursting out of the giant gate.

"C-Crazy assholes."

"How are we supposed to stop them......."

Shelter Alliance, with the #1 and #2 officially ranked players on the Korean server.

However, when they are faced with 20 times their number, they can't help but feel overwhelmed.

"No matter what, this is too much!"

"I-I can't do this, it's nothing but suicide!"

"I don't want to get fucking killed!"

Did they say that the most important thing in war is morale?

Some of the Koreans, whose fleeting hopes were crushed by the constant barrage, started running away, never looking back,

"You crazy bastards! If we fall back now, the camp will collapse!"

"I.... I'm sorry!"

"HEY!"

A fleeing from a few.

Was that the trigger?

The Koreans, one after the other, stop fighting, turning around and starting to run.

"This is a tribute to the Emperor! Don't leave a single one alive, wipe them out!"

"Oooouuuuu-!!!"

The Chinese, on the other hand, raise their morale with wild shouts and elevate the excitement of war.

With sneers of mockery on their lips at the carnage to come, preparing to charge.

"The Emperor's permission has been granted! Loot everything! Kill to your heart's content, rape and pillage, take it all!"

The Chinese server wins.

The order is given with open arms, as if this grand move has assured them of it.

But sadly, it was the last time they would set foot on Korean soil.

*Swoooosh!* *Whoooosh!* *Swoooosh!*

"Huh?"

Twenty-three rounds of artillery shells ripped through the air with ferocity.

They landed directly on the cluster of Chinese players as if the place was their home,

*BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!*

An ear-splitting explosion filled the area, followed by a vicious poisonous fog.

* patreon.com/SchattenTranslations *
* ko-fi.com/tscatthed *

"It's a waste, but considering the follow-up, it's better to have a sure hit."

One of the worst drawbacks of the Wax Turret is the 20 minute reload time after firing.

This could be halved to 10 minutes if the bees were operating at full capacity, but in a large-scale battle, 10 minutes is hardly a short time.

That's why Sung-hyuk chooses to put all of his offense into his first shot.

______________________________

[Guardian's Dark Galehound Venom Bomb (★★★★)]

* Category: Consumable

* When held and the 'use' keyword is entered, it explodes after 10 seconds, forming a 'Dark Tempest Poison Zone' in the surrounding area.

※ Dark Tempest Poison Zone: For 10 minutes, targets in the poison zone lose 90 (+40) Health per second. However, bees gain 22(+5)% Attack Damage and 27(+7)% Movement Speed (stacks up to 3 times).

※ Dark Undead: 10% of all living creatures killed in the zone will rise as undead and follow the user's commands for 120 minutes. In the case of bees, they have a 100% chance to rise as undead upon death.

* Description: A ★★★★-ranked Dark Galehound Venom Bomb that is engraved with the Guardian's keyword. When used, it forms a Dark Tempest Poison Zone with a crimson hue in the vicinity. Thanks to the protection of the Bee Guardian, it does not harm the natural environment.

______________________________

The Peridot bees, fully specialized in the poison tech tree, even in the apiaries.

Among them, the Galehound Venom of the TunTun and Spore Venom of the Hyphomycete.

In addition, Sunghyuk's special bee venom bomb combines the venom of three highly toxic bee species, including Lily's Dark Releaser Bee Venom.

As a processed item with a 4-star rating, its destructive power and effectiveness are jaw-dropping.

[The Gaze of Bo, the Transcendent Being, the Seeker of Madness, exclaims, "So it is!" and slaps his XX and sponsors 12,000 coins]

The first time it was crafted, in fact, the Seeker of Madness, Bo, was so pleased with it that he even gave it his blessing.

It was something the Transcendent himself would have approved of.

The combination of wax turret and aerial strike damage is nothing short of devastating.

[You have killed [Player (China Server) level 13] ]

[You have killed [Player (China Server) level 12] ]

[You have killed [Player (China Server) level 11] ]

[You have killed [Player (China Server) level 11] ]

......

The insane amount of notifications, as much as the sheer number of people in China.

But that's not the most important part.

* The loot you get when hunting Chinese server players will be increased by 1.5x, and you will receive a certain amount of points depending on their level.

A special bonus that applies only to this particular Event Quest.

Among the implications of obtaining loot that is 1.5 times greater, it's natural that experience points are included.

Of course, for Sung-hyuk, who is at level 34, players ranging from level 11 to 13 may only yield a small amount of experience points, but even that 'small amount' could make a significant difference when accumulated in large numbers.

[You have leveled up. Gain 5 stat points].

[You have leveled up. Gain 5 stat points].

[You have leveled up. Gain 5 stat points].

Rising by three levels at once.

Upon reaching level 37, Sung-hyuk feels even stronger and receives an additional notification.

[You have fulfilled the requirements for the acquisition of the Skill -> Level 35]

[You have learned the Skill, Dimensional Beehive].

______________________________

[Dimensional Beehive (Lv.1)]

* Category : Skill

* Maximum number of bees that can be stored: 0 / 1,000,000

* Mana Cost: 200

* Effect: Summons bees stored in a Dimensional Hive ( Cooldown 30 minutes)

* Description: Allows you to store bees in a dimensional hive that only you can see, and summon them at once. As the level increases, you will be able to store a larger number of bees.

______________________________

"This is pretty sweet."

He had always wondered how he was going to transport his bees, essentially his combat troops, whenever he traveled, but now he had a useful means of transportation in the form of a Dimensional Beehive.

"Well, that aside, this sounds like even better news."

And above all, there was one more crucial thing,

[You earned points proportional to the level of the Chinese players you hunted].

[Event Quests, War Breakout's TOP leaderboards for points will change].

______________________________

[Point Leaderboard]

1st place - Honeybee: 115,702 points

2nd place - Silent Harvester: 74,235 points

3rd place - Greenbean: 26,260 points

4th place - Earthenware Collector : 21,110 points

.......

______________________________

It was none other than the top acquisition of points through a single natural biochemical weapon barrage.

** ** **

TL/N:

1. Goguryeo Controversy:
*In the early 2000s, a heated history debate emerged between China and South Korea over the ancient kingdom of Goguryeo.
*Goguryeo was an ancient Korean kingdom that occupied parts of the Korean Peninsula and Manchuria from 37 BC to 668 AD.
*China’s Northeast Project, launched in 2002, reinterpreted the history of the region and included Goguryeo in Chinese history.
*This revision sparked outrage in South Korea, as Goguryeo holds significant cultural and national importance for Koreans.
*Many Koreans view Goguryeo as a symbol of independence and resistance against Chinese invasions.
*The controversy over Goguryeo remains a sensitive issue in Sino-Korean relations.

During the Korean War (1950-1953)
*China played a crucial role by sending troops to assist North Korea.
*In October 1950, Chinese forces crossed the Yalu River and engaged in fierce fighting against U.S. and Republic of Korea (ROK) troops.
*Their counterattacks changed the course of the war and prevented a quick or conclusive U.S. victory. resulting in casualties and heightened tensions.

Recent Tensions:
*In recent times, tensions between China and South Korea have escalated. China has criticized South Korea’s alignment with the United States, viewing it as a threat to its interests. Frictions intensified when South Korea sought rapprochement with Japan, and China warned against abandoning its One China policy.
*Verbal jousting and diplomatic challenges have characterized this period.

3