Chapter 10: The Ghost on Duty (ask for a reward)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Xianglin said, “You’ll know when the time comes. First, help me get my will and give it to the police!”

Chen Yang said, “Let’s go to your house tomorrow afternoon! If we rummage through your house in the dark now and get caught, we might end up getting killed and becoming ghosts like you.”

Li Xianglin said, “I have to sleep with you tonight. What if I can’t find you then!”

Chen Yang said, “As you wish, anyway, you don’t sleep on the bed. But don’t scare people in the middle of the night.”

Chen Yang hailed a taxi and soon arrived at the entrance of Hu’s Real Estate. The guard room was lit, and two security guards were on duty. Seeing Chen Yang coming, the security guard said, “Little Chen, where have you been? You’re on night shift tonight, and I’ve been covering for you.”

Chen Yang said embarrassingly, “Thank you, I’ll treat you to a meal tomorrow.”

The security guard said, “I dare not let you treat me. You’re now a celebrity in the company. You dare to take on such a tough task from Master Hua.”

Listening to these words, Chen Yang felt a bit displeased and said, “He started hitting me first, I didn’t fight back, many people saw it, he hit himself.”

The security guard sniffed Chen Yang and said, “There’s no smell of the vixen. Why do they all say you’re entangled by a vixen?”

Chen Yang said angrily, “What vixen, that’s just a wild fox in the mountains, don’t listen to their nonsense.”

The security guard said, “I’m going to sleep, you and Xiao Yang are on duty together! Be careful at night.”

Chen Yang sat in the chair of the guard room, thinking about his roller coaster-like experience, how he could see the souls of ghosts, and the black and white impermanence, why there were fierce ghosts wanting to kill him, he couldn’t figure it out, and couldn’t help but be a little dazed.

The security guard named Xiao Yang was a year younger than Chen Yang. After a while, he was so sleepy that he couldn’t open his eyes. He yawned and said, “Brother Chen Yang, I really can’t keep my eyes open. I’ll sleep for a while, and you call me later.”

Chen Yang said, “Then you sleep, there’s nothing to do at night anyway.”

Xiao Yang lay down on the table and started snoring.

Chen Yang sat alone for a while, and sleepiness came over him, and he yawned several times.

Li Xianglin said, “You sleep for a while, I’ll be on duty for you, and if someone comes, I’ll call you.”

Chen Yang said, “Don’t mess around, that would scare people to death!”

Li Xianglin said, “I’m joking with you, you sleep, I’ll wake you up if something happens.”

When Chen Yang opened his eyes again, the sky in the east had already begun to light up. He saw Xiao Yang sleeping soundly next to him, and Li Xianglin was standing next to him, patting his shoulder.

Seeing Chen Yang awake, he said, “It’s dawn, the sun is about to come out, I have to find a shady place.”

Chen Yang said, “Thank you for helping me with my night shift.”

Li Xianglin said, “Don’t forget about noon.”

Chen Yang said, “Don’t you forget about it then.”

Chen Yang changed shifts and returned to the dormitory. He was about to go for a meal after washing his face when he was stopped by Lin Dali.

“Chen Yang, General Manager Zhao is looking for you. Hurry to his office. Be careful, it might be about you hitting Master Hua yesterday.” Lin Dali said worriedly.

“Thank you for the reminder, Captain Lin. I’ll go right away.” Chen Yang finished speaking and walked into the company building.

This was Chen Yang’s first time entering the building. He looked around for Zhao Wenjie’s office.

Li Xianglin followed him and said, “Don’t look around like a thief! Hu’s Real Estate office building has eleven floors. The company’s executives all work on the ninth floor. Lin Dali’s security department is on the first floor because of the special nature of their work.”

Chen Yang said, “How do you know so clearly?”

Li Xianglin said, “I had nothing to do last night, so I went in for a tour.”

Chen Yang said, “You weren’t on duty for me, why did you run into the building?”

Li Xianglin said, “I knew someone in the company would definitely give you trouble today, so I came over to scout for you.”

Chen Yang took the elevator directly to the ninth floor and knocked on the office of Deputy General Manager Zhao Wenjie.

“Come in!” Zhao Wenjie said.

Chen Yang entered the room and said, “General Manager Zhao, you were looking for me?”

Seeing it was Chen Yang, Zhao Wenjie pointed to the sofa and said, “Sit for a while, let me finish processing these documents.”

Chen Yang sat on the sofa and waited, seeing several subordinates standing in front of Zhao Wenjie’s desk, bending over to listen to Zhao Wenjie’s arrangements and suggestions.

Half an hour passed, and Zhao Wenjie finally finished his work. He poured a glass of water for Chen Yang.

Chen Yang stood up and received it with surprise, saying, “Thank you, General Manager Zhao!”

Zhao Wenjie said, “What happened yesterday afternoon, tell me the ins and outs in detail.”

Chen Yang told him about the young lady asking him for dinner, Hua Xiangyang looking for Hu Hongying, and Hu Hongying not wanting to see him.

Zhao Wenjie asked, “Did you hit Hua Xiangyang?”

Chen Yang said, “No, he hit himself.”

Zhao Wenjie said, “Did you do anything?”

“No, I don’t have that ability.”

“Why did he hit himself then?”

“I don’t know.”

Chen Yang slowly realized that this was an interrogation, and his heart was suddenly displeased.

Seeing Chen Yang’s face was hard to look at, Zhao Wenjie said, “Don’t think too much, I just want to understand clearly, so I can report to the chairman. Hua Xiangyang’s father, Hua Nankuo, came to question the crime.”

Chen Yang said, “Hua Xiangyang can explain it himself, why bother.”

Zhao Wenjie said, “Hua Nankuo suspects that you used some magic, and invited a very famous Taoist. The young lady is afraid that you will suffer.”

Chen Yang said, “Invited a Taoist, what kind of Taoist? I’m not afraid of ghosts knocking on the door if I don’t do anything wrong!”

“You’re not afraid, I’m afraid. I’ll go and see what kind of Taoist it is first. If it’s a ghost-catching one, I have to hide.” Li Xianglin heard that a Taoist had come, and said somewhat fearfully.

Chen Yang ignored him. This was in Zhao Wenjie’s office. If he talked to the air again, it would be strange if he didn’t scare Zhao Wenjie to death!

Zhao Wenjie said, “Wang Dazhu said you were fascinated by the vixen. Is that vixen attached to you? If so, let her go quickly. That Taoist is very powerful.”

Chen Yang said, “Take me to see that Taoist now and prove my innocence. I’ve said many times that the red fox is just a wild fox in the mountains, not a vixen. I haven’t seen it appear until now.”

Zhao Wenjie looked at the time and said, “They will arrive at eleven o’clock at noon. You wait in the guard room first, and I will call you at any time. Then go directly to the small conference room.”

Chen Yang went downstairs to the guard room, looked at the time, it was not yet nine o’clock, and thought, it would be better to take advantage of this gap to understand Li Xianglin’s affairs.

So he said to Li Xianglin, “Let’s go.”

The security guard on duty in the guard room said, “Captain Lin doesn’t allow you to leave here, where are you going?”

“I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to a ghost.” Chen Yang saw that Li Xianglin didn’t move and said.

“I’m alive and well, you’re the ghost.” The security guard said. (To be continued)

0