Secret Meeting
320 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We waited until the end of class and we went towards the specific classroom. There are some unused classrooms around the school. I could ask Emilia for why but I am just not interested in the reasons. Although, I will not hesitate to use them when I need to. We arrive and see the daughter of Viscount Frost reading a book by the window. As we enter, she closes her book, puts it in her bag and approaches us.

“Thank you for responding to my message.”

She bows as she thanks me.

“Is this matter of concern of yours something you wish to be between us? Do you require for my companions to leave for this discussion?”

“No, Miss Eterna. Your companions do not need to leave for this conversation. It is not a secret matter.”

“Oh? Then why have you chosen to talk here? A matter that is not secret could be discussed in a public space.”

“There are some personages that I wish to not overhear this conversation.”

Some personages? Who could she be talking about?

“Ah, I am truly sorry. I must formally introduce myself. My name is Blanche Frost, 3rd daughter of Viscount Frost.”

She bows once again.

“I normally do not do this but in accordance to your candor, I shall introduce myself as well. My name is Athena Eterna, the only daughter and heir of Duke Eterna.”

I do not bow to her. Only those of lower positions need to present themselves in such a manner.

“Please wait for a moment. I shall get seats for your companions.”

“No need. Both can remain standing.”

“I understand.”

Both of us sit on a chair facing each other.

“You must understand my caution. A sudden letter from someone I am not acquainted with, in an isolated classroom no less.”

“I understand your caution. I do not take any offense.”

“Good. Now, what is your business?”

“I have concerns on certain company that you keep.”

“Company that I keep?”

I raise my eyebrow as I look at Sylvia and Melanie.

“I am not referring to them. I am referring to a certain group of individuals that are currently disrupting the peace between the classes.”

“I would need for you to be more precise.”

“Five individuals who have been causing a ruckus in the class of commoners.”

Oh, that is what she meant.

“Those five are not my concern. What has led you to believe that I am aligned with such fools?”

“You do not need to hide it from me. I have no intention to be involved. I am here to ask for you to cease their activities as it is currently affecting our class operations.”

“Miss Frost, I assure you that I am not involved with them.”

“Are you sure? I have witnessed a scenario that you have spoken to them in our classroom.”

There was a witness? I look at Melanie and she shakes her head.

“Do not worry for I did not hear anything. I only saw a glimpse from far away. I have good eyesight.”

“I see. Then I shall inform you, those girls did try to enlist my assistance. However, I promptly denied them.”

“Can I ask why? From my knowledge, you have the most to gain in this activity as the fiancée of the prince.”

“I simply have no interest in them. If I wanted to act, I shall do it myself. I have no need for other people to do it for me.”

“I understand. I apologize for taking up your time.”

“Wait.”

She tried to stand up but stopped.

“I wish to know of your concern.”

“You have mentioned that you have no interest in their affairs. I had planned on not troubling you further.”

“Who I have an interest in is my choice and you have earned my interest. Now, tell me this concern. This is not a request but a demand.”

“I understand. Their activities are starting to affect the prince.”

“Go on.”

“The prince has approached several nobles asking for information on this incident, myself included. They have all been private talks and the prince has requested for our silence.”

“The prince has requested for your silence. Why are you telling me this then?”

“It was a request, not a demand. As such, I can choose to disobey such a statement.”

Ah, this is how she is. The Frost family has been known for their behavior. They have a hard time processing emotions and prefer logic to their approach. They do understand emotions but they have the ability to only took at facts and logic. Leading them to be known to be hard to befriend due to their icy demeanor. They have strict rules and a straight demeanor. They do not lie and if they wish to hide information, they will do so telling you directly. They can also be very direct in their interpretation of words, meaning that you must be careful when conversing with them.

“I see. Continue then.”

She nods.

“I can see in the near future that the prince will do something drastic. Nothing life threatening but something that will be disrupting the current status quo. Which is why I wish for them to stop before things get out of hand.”

She is correct in that statement. For now, the prince is trying to respect Lyn feelings and being discreet. However, if it tests his patience, he may do something more in the future.

“I understand your concern. However, I choose to ignore it.”

“I understand.”

“Do you plan on doing anything else?”

“No. Even if I were to attempt, it would be futile.”

“What has led you to believe that I could?”

“I have been observing you for some time. I can discern that you already know about everything. Am I correct?”

“Yes, you are.”

“That is the reason that I know that you have the means and the method to stop this.”

“Does my reputation not alarm you?”

“It was a calculated risk. If you were to act, I will only endure. I have prepared myself for the scenario.”

“I see. Do you have anything else you wish to talk about?”

“No. Thank you for your time.”

She bows and leaves. Another great thing about the Frost family is that even with all of their attributes, they still have their own beliefs and will act accordingly.

“Come, you two. Let us go back.”

I was able to be acquainted with another beauty today. How exciting.

15