Chapter 1 Aliens… really?
144 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I never expected my second life to go to shit so fast. I mean I'm twenty six rich as fuck and things went up in smoke FAST, and I retired 2 years ago.

This life was meant to abuse crypto coin when it was cheap, then buy land and rent it and you're set for life. Much like buying stock in a robot manufacturer company and a that thing for a favor to a guy during my time in Europe and handled by a dude that looks really intimidating and Russian.

But turns out 2024 comes and the world went to shit. Right after that same pandemic. That made me rich investing in companies that made masks and hand sanitizer, aside from other things. But looking at the sky that has a fighter jet firing 2 missiles at a UFO lighting the middle of LA.

Only for the UFO to tank them and go on its way, firing a blue blast that made said jet to  blow up. LA is long gone, as in half the city is on fire. While the rest is covered in a green fog that aliens are coming from there.
My bodyguards left about five days ago, the guys actually ran away the second they could, not trusting my judgment to get to the place I need to get to. Alien bastards fire at big things that move, so my cars are out the question. You may ask why am I not in the bunker for rich people?

Well, it fucking closed down after Mr. Amazon himself made it into a club of family and friends. But my train of thought crashes as something pulled my attention; it's a group of those same guys that looked like what people assumed reptilians look like.

Taking out one my two trusty Handguns that saved me a few times this days. I emptied 3 shots on the unsuspecting aliens that instead of green blood, it's a bag of green gas that is deadly to even roaches.

Their heads explode since in using my trusty colts, on my back a customized M82A1 Barret sniper rifle. I need to get to a place and I'm running late, I got a signal a few days ago and they should be here by 1700 and I'm barely on time because these aliens are blocking my way.

As soon as I reach near the coordinates, my beeper begins to well... beep. Taking out my trusty burner phone used on my days a as a merc I called the number the beeper said. "Hey, it's me I'm in posi-" I duck and throw myself into cover as a bolt if green passes by my head. Thankfully these aliens are clumsy and drag their feet, which made me able to get to safety but drop my phone. Taking out my restored and modded Colt Walker as well as a Colt Python I look over to see five aliens coming my way. They're the ones with the big eyes and heads.
Placing my barret on the ground I kiss my hand and place it on the stock. 'I'll be back baby.' I say as I get out of cover and throw a smoke grenade in the middle of them and move in, guns in hand.

Firing at the one I had my sights on, it takes four shots total to get it down. These fuckers are tricky, they move in packs and if you let one get away ten come to you a few hours later. I hear a gurgle as I slide out of the smoke and shoot at one that was moving to cover, it dies soon after. Followed by me exiting the smoke only to see five more of the big headed fuckers and three of those lanky bags of poison.

"Oh shit..." Sheathing my Colt Python and grabbing my last emergency flash bomb I throw it on the ground making breaking it and making every alien there stunned long enough for me to scramble for my rifle.

"I have to get away." I say to no one as I slide and take my rifle in one hand and run. As I'm running I duck under a shot of green plasma that almost melted my head off. 'I don't have more explosives or smoke. Groaning as I parkoured my way up to a building through the fire escape, as soon as I reach the roof I can see how fucked the entire city is. Fire, smoke and screams fill my ears. 'Holy shit.' It makes me pause entirely. 

Only for a lanky fucker to just appear in front of me, but I missed three of my four shots in his face, luckily the last one was a headshot. Throwing myself away from the explosion of gas I sheath my gun cursing under my breath as I take out my other gun out. Only for two more to appear as if they jumped up a five story building, landing comfortably. I fire again but in my panic none connected only grazing the one on the right. Firing again to kill them but my gun just clicked.

Both raised their alien guns at me, I just groan while I'm lying there. Looking up as I stare at the death coming my way, I hear a gun quickly unloading and the lanky fucks blow up soon after. Not even a blink, looking towards the sound of where the shots came form I see what looks like a helicopter hovering in the middle of the street and is just out of my reach. It looks heavily armored and almost sci-fi like. But what pulls my attention is a girl, she's tall with a healthy tan, black hair, yet the weird thing is how she's dressed. She most certainly is not military. Not with a cowboy hat, a trench coat with a silver star and jeans that have frills. But her hands are two guns I know fairly well.

"You thuh v aH P?" Her accent is southern but loud and clear enough.

"Did Kryuger send you?" She raised an eyebrow but nodded, only for three blasters come shooting to the helicopter. Making the helicopter swerve to avoid getting shot. But soon after more aliens appeared. The jump is too far. "I can't make that jump!"

"No trouble Sugah." She yelled as she jumped towards me landing in a roll and firing three shots which to my surprise actually hit the aliens behind me but the shots were strong. I can tell that they're powerful guns.

"What now?" She looks around and motions for the chopper to move. "That was our exit."

"Not really." She said as a UFO blew past us and fired at the chopper.

"Now, where do we go?" I asked to the girl who is touching her ear that has earrings that are really big, and up close I can now see that her shirt is just a crop top with an underboob cut and suspenders.

"An evac point is about 4 blawks south from hair, we have 10 minutes."

"And just the 2 of us?" I asked as we clearly need a better way to make it there.

"Yeah, but its enough."

"Fine, let’s go lady. There may be more coming, lead the way." I said as we began to walk towards the next building. "Again did Kryuger send you?"

"Yes, are you in thuh know?"

"In the know?"

"Do you know awf protocol masqueray-ed?" Her tone is really close to what a cowboy speaks like.

"What's that?"

"Aren't ya thuh main investor awf GnK as well as IOP?"

"Yeah? One is a favor the other makes computers that want to send me dolls. Ha, dolls. I just said I'm not into dolls or barbies or whatever." I said as I jumped across a building from one rooftop to another.

"Wait, not into dolls?"

"I meant as in Barbies, or porcelain dolls. Or any sort of thing like that." She sighed in relief as I extended a hand for her to grab as I made my way up a water tower, proping my rifle. "Where to?" I asked as she got close behind me and pointed at an intersection that is blocked from 3 sides by different vehicles but it looks like the place is big enough."Seems easy. Never mind." I said as I noticed a pack of 6 big headed aliens and 2 of the lanky ones.

"Anythin' ya see?"

"6 big heads and 2 lanky fucks positioned to cover enough ground." If I shoot from this angle I could take out half but then we would have to deal with an ambush. "Did Kryuger actually send ONLY you to pick me up?"

"From what thuh report said. Yes."

"Fine, it looks like it’s going to be a mess. Come with me. What's your name beautiful?"

"Maah nuh-ame dudn mader raahyt now.  Ah need t' git ya to that theyer chopper eend out awf this city t' hq."

"Of course. Then come on. We need fire, explosions and nails."

"How ahr we gonig t' git that, ah don't carry explosives."

"Do you have enough ammo? Because I'm on my last mag for each of my babies." I said motioning to my sides, we walked down the stairs that lead to the roof and I looked into a few apartments where I can scavenge some booze, maybe bullets and nails for a few homemade bombs. Placing my rifle in the dinning table along with my guns.

"Ain't ya takin' it too easy?"

"No, we need this stop for stuff like this!" I said motioning to a box of shotgun shells.

"Your guns, is this a-" I stood up from taking stuff from the pantry carrying enough materials for homemade explosives.

"They are my best companions, friends and precious possessions. If you break it I would never forgive you. Even with that pretty face." I said as I stood opposite of her.

"Awf course, ah know maah way aroun' this type awf-"

"This is my Colt Walker, modified for use for newer and special ammo so that I don't have to put in black gunpowder. Don't look at me like that. I only made a small change in the barrel and reinforced the frame with a stronger metal and the chamber is made to adapt to withstand more heat and I don't have to carry a powder keg with me. Which means."

"Mo-wr fuhre rate." She said with a blush on her face, I handed my Colt to her,

"Ah, Ah. But its only fair I see yours." I said but her face is flushed. "Fine, but be really careful this means a lot to me." She said as she gently laid her gun on me. Looking at it I can see that this gun is beautiful its well maintained, the trigger is golden as well as the trigger guard. The cylinder has the symbol of something I can't quite put my finger on. Taking the handle, its soft and feels powerful. Opening it up I hear a groan, turning to see the girl is now almost panting. 'Well, she is weird, maybe she gets off on guns. Not a deal breaker and she's pretty hot.'

Closing the gun and giving a gentle spin to the chamber, I notice how the girl shivered as soon as I did that.

"This is a fantastic gun, beautiful, elegant and even if people say it’s old. This is eternal beauty, or the closest thing to it." I said handing her back her gun. She in turn just nodded with an open mouth and placed it back on her holster.

"Thank you, your gun is also impressive. This is a gun that is loved a little modded but loved none the less."

"Thanks I made it myself."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah, I'm a gunsmith. Made that python as well, and a few parts for my Barret." She looks excited, way too excited for it.

"Well that's enough of that. Lets make things that go boom." I said as I began to make a few bombs, One filled to the brim with nails and bullets the other is just a Molotov. Making our way to the extraction point me and my companion are hiding on the corner of the place the chopper is ready to land.  I notice how a group of three big heads are walking and the lanky bastards are standing on a balcony looking around.

"Ready?" She only nodded as she took out her second gun. "This is Colt, extraction ready, VIP with me. ETA 30 seconds." She said as she took a deep breath, I know that look that look of getting ready to die for something. "Fire in the hole." I said as I lit up the molov and the can of nails. Throwing one in a good arc was good but it seems it lacked power because it blew up mid air and luckily hit one of the lanky ones and hit one of the six big heads. They scrambled to see who threw it only to receive a Molotov to the face. Which doused three of the six and killed the injured one. Only for those three to stop and roll in the ground.

We ran as the chopper appeared, it seems the distraction was enough as we made our way through the middle of the street, it seems Colt has great accuracy only for her to miss every shot. She cursed as I was behind her, I shot with my python at the Lanky one on the balcony and hit three of my shots which killed him.

"Run to the chopper, I'm right behind you." The girl I now know is called Colt said as she stopped and fired her other Colt walker which hit 2 of the big heads meaning we can kill them all here. As I was a few steps away from the chopper I saw that she's not walking.

She turned to me and motioned with her head “GET OUT OF HERE! GO!" She screamed to me as she got a plasma bolt to the leg making her grimace as she lost her balance but didn’t fall. "Fuck that." I said as I ran back ducked under a plasma shot but only for another to hit me square in the chest, thank fuck I have a bulletproof vest. But holy shit this is painful. I scream in pain which made the girl look at me with wide eyes only for her to stumble as a green bolt of plasma shot her arm off. She's still standing just barely. I run up to her and grab her by the scruff of her coat and shirt, kneel quickly to grab her arm and gun  carrying her in a princess carry and sprint to the chopper, I feel something on my and groan as I throw myself to the chopper and scream. "GO!" The chopper immediately takes off as it dodges out of the way in minutes we're out of range and out of the city.

"Mister Koval!" I heard the voice of Colt beside me, but I noticed one thing and that is that she's not dead also her arm is sparking and looks metallic, also her outfit is in tatters. "Oh you're alive, that's good. This hurts like a motherfucker and I need a nap so..." I felt the edges of my vision darken as the look of the cool headed girl crumbled as she began to yell.

What followed was a mess, I can't remember. I saw images of that bastard Kryuger, a girl with black hair and a monocle, and then I remember getting placed in a plane and then it’s all white and black I'm floating in a dark empty space. Maybe death came for me, which jokes on you I got reborn once, maybe this next time should be a peaceful world. Only to feel a soft breeze over my face and suddenly I'm getting pulled from all sides back towards a light.


So yeah, new story that I've been cooking since I started reading one of the best fics I've read in a while. 

So Enjoy! I will update this fairly regular because I'm inspired, at least until I reach the end of Volume 1

Also Girls Frontline is a great game with heavy lore and cute girls.

Also I'm going to try and write smut.

This book is inspired by The Fic over at Fiction Live called DCOM: Frontline Command (An XCOM x Girls Frontline Quest) By Burninggray and Svetlanya.

as well as DCOM: AFTERLIFE (XCOM X GFL)

6