Chapter 10: The Words That Shocked Superman for a Lifetime (Edited)
620 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night, the Kent family slept peacefully, relieved that the intellectual issues troubling Robert had been resolved. Although Robert's appetite had become a new concern, a thoughtful Robert still brought comfort to Mr. and Mrs. Kent.

This showed that Robert had not only regained his senses but had also matured, becoming a considerate child.

Unbeknownst to the Kents, Robert, a pure martial artist before crossing over, had spent his life seeking the path to becoming stronger, engaging in limited social interactions beyond his exchanges with the Z fighters.

However, Robert knew gratitude. The fifteen years of nurturing he received from the Kents were nearly as important to him as his martial pursuits.

At 5 a.m. the next day, Robert woke up for his first training session in this world in fifteen years. Without much excitement, he quickly got ready, set aside his mended pants, and started a new training regimen with Clark.

The training wasn't anything special, involving carrying heavy weights over mountains and long-distance running, along with weighted push-ups and frog jumps. Robert, having trained with Goku and Krillin, found picking up these routines again somewhat nostalgic, though the milk delivery part was missing...

For Robert, the intensity of the training was slightly challenging. His pure physical strength wasn't necessarily stronger than Goku's when he first started, especially since Goku had grown up in the mountains, while Robert had barely left home in the past fifteen years.

Thus, Robert was determined to make up for the fifteen years he had lost.

However, while Robert enjoyed the increased intensity of his training, Clark didn't find it as straightforward. The same training routine was far too easy for Clark, given his strength.

No matter how heavy the stones he carried over the mountains, Clark didn't feel burdened in the slightest.

Out of options, Robert had to design a different training plan for Clark, such as unlimited punching and kicking, with each strike maintaining consistent force and accuracy.

Without access to a gravity chamber, even with Robert's experience, these methods were the best he could come up with for Clark to gradually master his physical strength.

By noon, neither Robert nor Clark felt particularly tired. Clark's training intensity wasn't challenging enough, and Robert began to wonder if his wish for enhanced recovery abilities from his last wish was still effective.

If it was, the combination of Saiyan strength and exceptional recovery abilities might allow for a unique way to enhance his strength...

Saiyans, or at least those from Universe 7, have a trait where their power significantly increases after recovering from near death.

However, this "near-death power boost" isn't always applicable; it's more about unlocking the body's potential through a brush with death.

If one's strength is already at its limit, even a near-death recovery won't lead to further power increases.

But Robert clearly hadn't reached his limit yet.

Indeed, Robert preferred to enhance his strength through training, but if his extraordinary recovery abilities remained, he could fight more recklessly and even develop his own unique fighting techniques based on his martial arts.

"Bro, how about you try beating me to a pulp?" Robert, while preparing food in a secluded area, somewhat excitedly suggested to Clark.

This wasn't about cheating to gain strength; it was just making reasonable use of and understanding his own talents, right? I, Robert, am not cheating... cough, cough!

Clark: 〣(Δ)〣

As Robert spoke, Clark was utterly stunned. He had never encountered such a request before and was seriously considering whether Robert's brain was malfunctioning.

Clark doubted whether Robert's consciousness had fully recovered. Was it even possible for someone with a normal brain to make such a suggestion, even for an alien?

"Bro?" Seeing Clark frozen in place, Robert looked puzzled and then explained, "Well, not exactly half-dead. You need to beat me until I'm barely alive, unable to move, on the brink of death. I know it might be difficult for you, but you just need to do as I say, avoiding vital areas like the brain and heart, and then blah blah blah..."

Clark: 〣(Δ)〣

Shocked for a lifetime, Clark had never heard such a request from Robert, asking someone to beat him until he was barely alive. The most shocking part was how detailed Robert's instructions were.

"Bro? Why aren't you saying anything? Is it too difficult? Maybe after you've trained for a while, we can try it?" After a moment, seeing no response from Clark, Robert thought Clark might lack confidence in his control over his strength and suggested they could try later.

"Robert, I've heard there's a famous asylum called Arkham on the outskirts of Gotham City. Now that you can hide your tail, maybe you should give it a try..." Clark, gradually recovering from his shock, took a deep breath and seriously suggested to Robert.

Robert: (_???) At this moment, Robert was filled with confusion. Even if he was a bit slow to catch on, he understood that suggesting a visit to an asylum implied Clark thought there was something wrong with his brain.

Robert couldn't grasp why Clark would think that, especially since he was confident in recovering from being beaten to near death.

Isn't this something that could be easily deduced? If Clark couldn't understand this reasoning, perhaps it was Clark who had a problem.

And if Clark was confused, why not just ask? Was he treating Robert as if he was insane, asking to be beaten to near death without assurance of recovery?

Reflecting on this, Robert looked at Clark with a mix of disdain and pity, and their eyes met.

(﹁﹁)~~~(ーー゛)

Seeking support for my new book with collections, recommendations, monthly tickets, and investments!

25