Chapter 12: Robert the Eating Champion! (Edited)
465 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quickly, Sunday arrived, and the warm-up activities began early in the morning. The registration had closed the previous night, and Robert almost missed it.

The staff at the registration point couldn't help but almost laugh upon seeing Robert's height and build as he registered.

Eventually, the staff member, smiling, took Robert's ten-dollar registration fee, thinking it was easy money.

Yes, the hamburger eating contest actually required a registration fee, leading Robert to wonder if the cost of the ingredients and the prize money came from these fees, especially since the contest even had sponsors...

Fortunately, if one won the championship, they could earn a ten thousand dollar prize. Although it couldn't compare to the hundred thousand dollar prize of the famous Washington eating contest, it was still a thousandfold return on investment! And Robert was determined to win, to the extent that he even skipped breakfast.

Soon, with Robert's stomach growling in anticipation, the contest began.

The rules were simple: whoever could eat the most hamburgers in ten minutes would be crowned champion.

With fifty participants per round and twenty rounds total, each contestant had a timer and a supervisor, with countless spectators and photographers around, ensuring the fairness of the competition.

"The organizers really can't lose with this setup. Just the registration fees alone cover the prize money, not to mention the sponsorships and the revenue from boosting local tourism..." Jonathan muttered as he watched the contestants.

"Yeah, every hamburger wrapper has a sponsor's name on it. Some sponsors are even burger specialists, suggesting the food costs aren't too high..." Clark, with his keen eyesight, noticed the fine print on the wrappers, showing how sponsors filled every visible corner with advertisements.

"The first round saw contestant number three eating 27 hamburgers in ten minutes!"

"The second round had contestant number six eating 23 hamburgers!"

As round after round proceeded, the results were announced, leaving only those who ate the most hamburgers to advance, quickly identifying who had the potential to win the championship.

When it was Robert's turn, the record had been pushed to 33 hamburgers. The competitors were indeed strong, but Robert's participation meant they were all but defeated.

"Om nom nom!" Robert, using both hands to alternate hamburgers to his mouth, stunned his fellow contestants with his speed, causing their progress to slow significantly.

Robert: (▽)つ

Fellow contestants: (#ー)つ

(,,#Д)つ

(〇ロ〇)つ

Spectators:

(o_O)!∑(O_O;) w(°o°)w (Д)b ()好b d(@) ヽ(^Д^)(θθ)(●●)

Initially, the audience was shocked, but they quickly started cheering, chanting in unison, "Eating Champion! Eating Champion!"

Clearly, Robert's ability to consume such a large amount of food with his small stature conquered the audience, making the rest of the contest seem unnecessary, with the championship practically awarded to Robert.

And Robert did not disappoint, eating 123 hamburgers in ten minutes without even feeling full!

Estimating conservatively, a Saiyan's appetite might be about thirty times that of a normal person. The burgers weren't particularly large, so a normal person could eat four or five, maybe six or seven if pushed.

But this was nothing compared to an eating champion, let alone Robert.

The audience didn't understand how someone as small and thin as Robert could consume 123 hamburgers, but that didn't dampen their excitement, reaching a climax in the competition atmosphere.

However, the organizers didn't immediately declare Robert the winner, and the contest continued.

But with Robert setting such a precedent, the remaining contests seemed lackluster. Even other strong eaters who could consume twenty to thirty burgers couldn't satisfy the audience anymore.

Clearly, the audience was the true eating champion, forever insatiable!

Impatient spectators began booing, affecting the performance of subsequent contestants.

Yet, no one dared to challenge Robert, claiming they could eat more than him. Thus, after the contest ended, the championship was unquestionably awarded to Robert.

Robert was draped in a jacket adorned with sponsors' logos as he received the trophy and a giant check prop, marking his record of 123 hamburgers and the ten thousand dollar prize.

Reporters swarmed Robert for photos and nonsensical questions, which Robert faced with a smile.

Jokingly, Robert, who had experienced grand stages like martial arts tournaments, was unfazed, having never worn sponsor-laden clothing before.

Interestingly, during the interviews, Robert noticed the registration staff member, who appeared somewhat uneasy.

"Is that Robert? Wasn't he an idiot? How can he eat so much and win all that money?" Meanwhile, in the spectator stands, Ander, looking tired and pale, watched Robert in disbelief.

"I told you I saw him! And he seems different, not as dull as before!" Alena huffed, slightly annoyed. Her previous mention of Robert had been ignored, but now, the unnoticed fool had become the celebrated eating champion, stirring some jealousy in her.

For these teenagers, fame was a matter of pride, but seeing someone they once bullied achieve such status irritated them, especially since Robert had won a significant amount of money.

"Motherf***er! Robert was definitely pretending to be an idiot before! Boss, I don't know what you think, but I can't stand it!" Alec, turning to O'Keegan, expressed his indignation.

"Hmph! No rush. The kid will have to return to school eventually. Whether he's really an idiot or pretending, he'll have to hand over that prize money to us if he wants to keep attending school!" O'Keegan's eyes flashed with greed and envy, speaking gravely.

Seeking support for my new book with collections, recommendations, monthly tickets, and follows~(ω)

20