Chapter 14: No One Wants to Believe a Fool (Edited)
577 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As for the hope of Robert having a grandson for her, Martha never considered it. Not to mention that Robert is only fifteen years old now, even when Robert grows up, Martha thinks it would be very difficult.

By then, not only would she not be able to hold her grandson, but Robert's abnormalities would also be exposed, posing too great a risk! At this moment, Robert does not know that he has missed a big drama, and this drama was almost related to him.

After returning home in the middle of the night and sleeping soundly for six hours, Robert called Clark again to practice.

Regarding Robert's abundant energy, Clark didn't show much reaction, after all, he himself is also very energetic, especially when the rising sun shone on Clark, he felt a bit stronger, which gave him more motivation to train with Robert.

...

"Remember what you said, you have a way to deal with ordinary people..." However, before Robert went to school, Clark couldn't help but remind him again, knowing that Okinaga is definitely going to be taught a lesson by Robert.

Clark wouldn't stop such a thing because it's a lesson Okinaga deserves, but he also didn't want things to get too out of hand, leading to Robert's abnormalities being discovered.

"Don't worry, ordinary people are easy to deal with!" Robert laughed and waved his hand as he walked out of the house. What a joke, he, a grand Z warrior, couldn't deal with a few ordinary people?

After Robert left, Clark was planning to pay attention to Robert's situation, but there's a saying, "Obsession always leads to echoes," of course, it wasn't Clark who was obsessed, but Martha was obsessed last night.

Thus, Lana Lang made her appearance, asking Clark to go out with her to Kansas City to buy some things, as she was unfamiliar with the place and had heard that Clark had just returned from there, so she hoped that Clark could accompany her...

If it had been a phone invitation, Clark might have declined, but since Lana had already shown up at his door, Clark really couldn't refuse, especially with Martha glaring at him from the side.

Of course, coming to the Kent farm to find Clark has been Lana's long-term strategy. Over these fifteen years, she has visited the Kent farm countless times, especially after becoming an adult, Lana's frequency of visits skyrocketed, she naturally knew that Clark might decline her over the phone.

Also, because Lana had feelings for Clark, otherwise, Martha wouldn't have randomly matched Clark with Lana as her future daughter-in-law, given the many people Clark had saved.

Under Martha's watchful eye, Clark eventually went out with Lana. Along the way, Lana was talking about her experiences, with Lana being the proactive one in the conversation between her and Clark...

Martha: |^o^) On the other side, Robert followed the route in his memory to school, speeding up in deserted places, and arrived at school earlier than usual.

Okinaga's bully trio hadn't arrived, but Alena was already in the classroom, and she couldn't help sharing the story of Robert winning the big eater contest yesterday. "123 burgers? How is that possible?! He must have cheated, right? Not to mention his short stature, even Manuel, who weighs 220 pounds, couldn't possibly eat 123 burgers in one meal!" However, as soon as Alena's words fell, some students immediately refuted, thinking Alena was exaggerating the facts.

And the students who stood up to refute had a group of supporters because eating 123 burgers in ten minutes was beyond common understanding, especially since Robert had previously seemed like a fool.

People didn't want to believe that a fool could eat 123 burgers in ten minutes, people didn't want to believe that a fool could become a big eater and win ten thousand dollars, people would rather believe that a fool didn't understand the rules at all, was laughed at by the whole audience for not even unwrapping the burgers in ten minutes during the contest, then cried out of grievance, making the atmosphere even more joyful...

"You!" However, Robert wasn't aggrieved at all, but Alena was quite aggrieved at this time because she was indeed telling the truth, yet no one wanted to believe her, and she was also jealous of Robert's ten thousand dollars, but now she was being mocked by her classmates because of Robert.

Just when Alena wanted to explain but didn't know how to start, Robert walked into the classroom. Alena's eyes suddenly lit up, she quickly ran to Robert, stood with her hands on her hips, looked at him fiercely, and said: "You! Tell them, we didn't lie, you did win the big eater contest, and ate 123 burgers!"

Alena knew that Robert's performance yesterday had proved he was not a fool, but she wouldn't be intimidated by Robert because of this. What's the big deal about being able to eat?

Even if he can eat a lot, Robert is just a short man of 1.61 meters. With Robert's height, even if he never acted like a fool, he would still be a target for bullying!

Not to mention, Alena knew that Okinaga and others were already planning to extort Robert's prize money. In her view, because of the big eater contest prize money, Robert's future would be worse than before, because Okinaga and others wouldn't let him go until they had squeezed out all of Robert's prize money! And even after squeezing him dry, they might not let him go! However, what Alena didn't expect was that Robert completely ignored her, turned around, and walked to his seat.

"Damn you..." Seeing Robert ignoring her, Alena was furious. She was about to lash out at Robert when suddenly she saw the look in Robert's eyes.

Alena was startled, then felt her consciousness blur, as if she had forgotten something, and walked back to her seat in a daze.

"She was actually scared by a fool, I don't know how Okinaga found her to be his girlfriend, it's so embarrassing!" Seeing Alena being intimidated by Robert's glance, a female student seized the opportunity to sarcastically mock.

"Ha ha ha ha ha!" Other students also laughed along, filling the classroom with a joyful atmosphere, and began to shift the topic.

As for the previous discussion about Robert winning the big eater contest, they somehow forgot about it.

And Alena, who was mocked by her classmates, didn't react at all, just sadly lay on the table without speaking, as if thinking of something sad, seemingly also forgetting the conflict with Robert earlier.

New book seeking collections, recommendations, monthly tickets, investments, and various supports~(ω)

25