Chapter 19: Come On, Show Off (Edited)
427 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why?!" Unlike Robert, who was cheering internally, Clark's brow furrowed instantly. He looked at Bob and questioned him sternly, and Bob didn't know why, but he felt enormous pressure when Clark spoke, even more so than when facing the school board and parent representatives.

"You know, the shooting incident has caused a huge uproar, affecting not just our school but also others nearby..." Bob organized his words, speaking somewhat helplessly.

"So, it's unlikely for Robert to attend any of the other high schools nearby, as they also don't want to be involved in this matter."

"Maybe it's for the best, it looks like I'm not destined to continue schooling..." Hearing this, Robert was inwardly delighted, already planning his daily training routine, but outwardly, he feigned regret.

Robert: ╮(~▽~)╭

"Is there really no other way?" Clark glared at Robert annoyed, then had an idea and said to Bob, "Actually, going to a farther school is not a problem. If Robert truly has no school to attend, then we need to discuss this matter further..."

"This... Going further is possible?" Bob glanced at the Kent family hesitantly, then seemed to understand something and softly said, "I know some people at Midtown High School in Central City, Missouri. I can help Robert with the transfer procedures. As you know, each state has its own circumstances, and a shooting in our state doesn't affect Missouri..."

"Missouri? Central City? Isn't that too far for school..." Martha frowned slightly, muttering discontentedly.

"Then let's trouble the principal. I've heard of Midtown High School; it's a decent school. If the principal really helps Robert transfer there, then we can consider this matter resolved. It's good for both sides, isn't it?" Clark quickly agreed, extending his hand to Bob with a smile.

"Thank you for agreeing. I'll arrange it as soon as possible!" Bob felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest as he shook Clark's hand warmly, "Don't worry, all of Robert's records will note this as a normal transfer, without any anomalies! As for the fifty thousand dollars in compensation, I'll have someone process it and transfer it to your account right away..."

"Okay, just call us when it's done. After all, appearing too much at school doesn't look good..." Clark nodded in satisfaction, implying something with his words.

"Thank you for your understanding. We can finally turn the page on this incident!" Bob was pleased and courteous to the understanding and considerate Clark, personally seeing the Kent family out.

Thus, Robert's transfer to Midtown High School in Central City, Missouri, seemed to be settled, but aside from Clark and Bob, no one else felt particularly happy.

Robert, needless to say, had thought the situation had become dire enough for him to avoid school altogether, only to face a greater disappointment.

Robert: (ó﹏ò)

And the Kents were somewhat bewildered, not quite understanding why Clark agreed to let Robert go to school in Central City, Missouri.

Although it wasn't too far from their home, about the same distance as their trip to Kansas City, commuting that far every day would be too time-consuming...

And letting Robert board was something the Kents couldn't be at ease with, especially since Robert not only had an extraordinary appetite but also a tail that couldn't be exposed. If he were to stay in a dormitory, it would be difficult to hide his tail from roommates...

"Clark, do we need to discuss further about Robert going to school in Central City? After all, our old pickup can't drive fast. It took us an entire afternoon to get to Kansas City last time. The distance to Central City is similar. If we drive there every day..." Back in the car, Martha looked at Clark and softly spoke.

"It's time for you to know some things. Dad, Mom, drive to a secluded area," Clark sighed softly, glancing at the sullen Robert.

Drive to the city's edge, roll down all the windows...

Soon, the old pickup arrived at a deserted wilderness with no roads and stopped, the atmosphere in the car becoming somewhat silent.

"This is good; there's no one around. Robert, stop playing dead. Go show Mom and Dad what you can do, and prove that you can make it to Missouri for school on your own..." Clark glanced at Robert, still lounging in the car, and said.

"Why do I have to prove such a thing?!" Robert complained, but still obediently got out of the car.

"Aren't you the one who wanted to adventure and train? Such a long journey should suffice for your training, right?" Clark used Robert's own words against him.

"Eh? That's true! I have to wake up early for training every day anyway. Such a long journey is no different from outdoor training. I can even practice weight training on the way..." Robert's eyes lit up, nodding in agreement, suddenly energized.

Going to school in Missouri, the long journey allows for training en route, meditating in school, and another training session on the way home. Plus, he could easily handle breakfast and dinner on the road. It seemed not bad, at least within the option of schooling.

"Then let me first show off my speed!" In high spirits, Robert warmed up and with a push of his feet, he took off at high speed, making unintelligible sounds as he went.

"Da da da da da..."

Robert: — ()

Despite making strange noises while running, the Kents had to admit that Robert's speed had surpassed the limit of their old pickup, even Jonathan felt that the maximum speed of a cheetah he had seen when he was younger might not match Robert, not to mention Robert seemed like he could keep running...

"Okay, you run well, no need to run anymore, and stop shouting, don't you worry about attracting attention?" Clark called out to Robert, feeling a bit embarrassed by Robert's performance, but the stopping Robert didn't seem embarrassed at all.

This is probably a case of if you're not embarrassed, others are for you!

17