Chapter 22: Kara Danvers  
532 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm?" When Robert's gaze met with the blonde girl's, both of them raised their eyebrows almost simultaneously.

Robert felt the blonde girl possessed a stronger aura than ordinary people. He hadn't expected to encounter a superhuman here, and a female one at that. Her aura's intensity was no less formidable than that of Chi-Chi from the Dragon Ball world.

However, what Robert didn't know was that the blonde girl also sensed something different about him. She subconsciously activated her x-ray vision, her gaze piercing through his clothes, ultimately noticing the tail wrapped around Robert's waist! That was why the blonde girl raised her eyebrows along with Robert; she had never seen a human with a tail before! Yes, this blonde girl had powers similar to Clark's. She was one of Clark's kin, a relative with a closer blood relationship than the Kent family!

The blonde girl's name was Kara Danvers, Kryptonian name Kara Zor-El, Clark's cousin. In theory, she should be older than Clark.

But when Kara was traveling through space on a spaceship, a minor accident occurred. Just as the spaceship was leaving Krypton, a meteorite struck Kara's spaceship, causing it to deviate from its original course. This not only made Kara's spaceship arrive on Earth several years late but also put the young Kara into a long hibernation.

Clark's spaceship reached Earth in 1980, while Kara's spaceship didn't land until 1996. The Danvers couple found and adopted her. Including Kara's original age, she started school the same year as Robert.

As for the continuous landing of spaceships on Earth without detection, it can only be said that Earth at this time, facing high-tech alien spaceships, had no means to monitor or track them, much like a sieve that couldn't hold anything...

The reason Kara came to Earth was that her parents wanted her to escape the harsh living conditions on Krypton and to look after her cousin Clark, who was alone on Earth. However, Kara's parents didn't anticipate the accident during space travel.

Moreover, the most important thing was, after arriving on Earth, Kara didn't remember to take care of her cousin. She didn't even know her cousin had become older than her. When they finally recognized each other, who would take care of whom was really hard to say! Due to the meteorite's impact and long-term hibernation, Kara also had some memory issues. She only remembered she was an alien and supposed to have a relative on Earth, but who that relative was and where they were, Kara couldn't recall clearly...

Yes, Kara was the alien child who lost her memory due to spaceship travel. Robert was just using this as an excuse. As for the source of the excuse, it naturally came from Goku, who became kind-hearted after hitting his head when he was young.

"Hello, my name is Kara, Kara Danvers. Are you a new transfer student? What's your name?" Inside the classroom, Kara was very curious about Robert's tail. She quietly activated her x-ray vision to scrutinize Robert's tail while noticing other objects, her face slightly reddened, but she still approached Robert calmly and greeted him.

"Robert, Robert Kent." Robert frowned, feeling a somewhat familiar aura from Kara, which seemed similar to Clark's. This made Robert somewhat puzzled.

"Robert, it's not a new semester. Why are you transferring at this time?" Kara didn't beat around the bush and sat down next to Robert, curiously looking at him and eventually letting her gaze fall unintentionally on Robert's tail while starting a conversation.

Under Kara's observation, she found that Robert's tail wrapped around his waist looked somewhat like a monkey's tail but cuter, as if it had jumped out of an animation. This made Kara couldn't help but want to touch it and explore why a human would have such a tail.

"What are you doing?" Seeing Kara getting closer, Robert gave a low shout, his face showing a wary expression.

"Oh! Sorry, I just thought you were... quite cute, I couldn't help myself..." Kara snapped back to reality upon hearing Robert's voice. She knew she had been somewhat abrupt and impolite, so she smiled shyly, slightly apologetically, almost mentioning the word "tail" but managed to stop herself in time.

As Kara's words fell, the classmates turned their attention to them, as Kara was a well-known figure in the class, and nearly every boy liked the class beauty with a pretty face and curvy figure.

Therefore, most of the male students cast displeased looks at Robert, except for one skinny male student who envied Robert and then shook his head and turned back to his studies.

Male students: (▼皿▼#)(angry)

"Class is about to start, you should go back to your seat." Seeing those looks from his classmates, Robert knew Kara's words had brought him some trouble. He shook his head helplessly and said in an annoyed tone.

Kara, noticing Robert's displeasure, didn't want to spoil the relationship with the only extraordinary individual she had discovered. After all, she hadn't yet uncovered the secrets about Robert!

Thinking this, Kara lowered her voice and said seriously, "Sorry, I didn't mean it. Don't worry, I'll handle this matter. No one will trouble you!"

"Hope so!" Robert shrugged, not very optimistic about Kara's assurance unless she had some special ability, as the restless male students were not so easy to talk to.

"You'll see!" Kara's lips slightly raised, confident and proud, as she returned to her seat.

Robert didn't pay further attention to this matter and started meditating again.

While Robert meditated, Kara still sneakily glanced at him, her eyes filled with curiosity. She was not only curious about why Robert had a tail but also what he was doing at the moment and why the strength of his cells was continuously increasing! Time at school passed quickly, and before long, it was time to go home. To Robert's surprise, no one had troubled him, not even during lunchtime. This made Robert curious about how Kara had managed it.

"How about it? I told you no one would trouble you, right?" Kara proudly approached Robert after school, inviting him, "Where do you live? Let's walk together."

"No need, it's not on the way!" Robert shrugged, jokingly. He had to return to Kansas, and besides, he had to practice and find food on the way since he hadn't had a full lunch. How could he possibly walk with Kara?

24