Chapter 55: Preparing for Personality Divergence
274 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why is Robert so agreeable this time?" Clark, far away at home, was stunned after hearing Robert so readily agree with his point of view, then muttered with some suspicion.

"Clark, I'll need your help after I let this Hei Jinbing go. Oh, and remember to make yourself a set of clothes to hide your identity, matching mine!" Just then, Robert's voice echoed in Clark's mind, causing his expression to stiffen.

Instinctively, Clark looked at Robert's outfit complete with a mask, feeling like he had shot himself in the foot.

"Can the benevolent Hei Jinbing really change the situation in Hell's Kitchen?" A thought flashed through Clark's mind as he decided to observe the notorious New York Hell's Kitchen more closely. The area, rife with gangs and crime, maintained a strange balance with Hei Jinbing's presence, much like the abilities of the Tiger Talisman.

Perhaps that's why Hei Jinbing could utilize the Tiger Talisman's powers effectively.

Clark thought if Hei Jinbing could truly strive to redeem his sins and improve the situation in Hell's Kitchen, it would be beneficial for the people living there...

"Alright, I get it. I'll be there soon..." After a series of thoughts, Clark reluctantly informed Robert and then went to sew the Kent family's signature nocturnal attire.

"Sigh! Young benefactor, your heart is as hard as stone. Well, today's outcome is the fruit of my past actions. I've brought this upon myself. I've laid down the butcher's knife but haven't had the chance to become a Buddha..." Hei Jinbing, unaware of the consensus reached between Robert and Clark, sighed lightly and spoke softly to Robert.

"Perhaps you should read more Buddhist scriptures and improve the murderous aura you carry. Otherwise, sooner or later, the Hell Lord will set his sights on you!"

"As they say, a man's final words are good. I hope you'll remember what I've said. Oh, and your companion split into two because of the Tiger Talisman. Only the power of the talisman can merge them back together. They just need to hold the Tiger Talisman together..."

"Thank you for the reminder. I'll go bring them over..." Robert put away the Qi wave in his hand, and to avoid any accidents, he decided not to touch the Tiger Talisman until Clark arrived.

With that, Robert disappeared from the spot and appeared on the other side of the gang's territory. Here, the two Jackies were enthusiastically fighting, using various furniture and tools as their weapons.

Question: How can you defeat Jackie Chan in a furniture store?

Answer: Fill the furniture store with Jackie Chan.

However, there were clear differences between the two fighting Jackies. The weaker Jackie was always on the defensive, never taking the initiative to attack, while the fierce Jackie seemed enraged, obviously frustrated at not being able to defeat his weaker self.

"Hm?" When Robert appeared to enjoy the fight between the two Jackies, they also noticed him.

"Can you help me? He's very fierce, and I'm no match for him..." The weaker Jackie seemed to have a slightly effeminate tone.

"Kid! I advise you not to meddle in others' affairs. I know you're powerful, but I'm not easy to provoke!" The fierce Jackie looked at Robert with a hint of wariness, threatening in a deep voice.

"Hmm, indeed, neither of the Uncle Longs is the original. The weaker one is more similar to Uncle Long's true self, but there are differences..." With Jackie as an experimental subject, Robert nodded, understanding the situation.

"The two Hei Jinbings who fought earlier weren't the original either. The evil one was closer to the original Hei Jinbing's state. From the current situation, the original Hei Jinbing is essentially dead, as his consciousness and personality have completely disappeared..."

"Let's get the two Uncle Longs back to normal first and see how they fare. If there are no anomalies after their recovery, I can try it after Clark arrives!"

With a "snap!" of his fingers, Robert appeared behind the fierce Jackie, immediately restraining him with a binding spell.

Unlike the two Hei Jinbings, although Jackie was split into two by the Tiger Talisman, neither of them received a power boost from it.

"Let's go, I'll help you recover." Robert nodded at the benevolent Jackie.

"Oh... okay!" The benevolent Jackie was clearly startled by Robert's intervention but instinctively followed Robert to the Tiger Talisman. At Robert's instruction, he picked up the talisman and shook hands with the fierce Jackie. With a flash of light, the two Jackies merged back into one.

Hei Jinbing, seeing that Robert didn't personally pick up the Tiger Talisman, felt a bit disappointed.

As a monk striving for goodness, Hei Jinbing hoped Robert would be changed by the Tiger Talisman, ideally catalyzing a benevolent personality similar to his own, to avoid the threat of the Hell Lord.

However, Hei Jinbing didn't expect Robert to show no intention of taking the Tiger Talisman, wondering if Robert had seen through his thoughts...

"I'm here." Just then, Clark's voice echoed in Robert's mind.

"You can go now." Upon hearing this, Robert turned to the contemplative Hei Jinbing.

"Ah?" Hei Jinbing was stunned, surprised by Robert's sudden decision to spare him.

"Do what you must. Someone will be watching over you!" Robert initially didn't plan to say much, but after considering Clark, he still left him with a piece of advice.

"Amitabha, thank you, young benefactor. I will do my utmost to maintain stability in Hell's Kitchen and encourage more people to embrace goodness!" Hei Jinbing took a deep breath, struggled to stand up, and bowed to Robert with his hands together, his voice firm.

"Let's go, too. I need your help with something!" Robert didn't pay attention to Hei Jinbing but pulled Jackie away.

"It's amazing, there were two different versions of me just now, but they seemed like aspects of me, yet neither was me..." Jackie muttered, scratching his head while looking at the Tiger Talisman. After a moment, he looked up at Robert and pledged, "Thanks for helping me retrieve the talisman. Whatever you need help with, just say it, and I'll be there for you!"

"I want to use the Tiger Talisman to split myself into two different personalities!" Robert looked at Jackie seriously.

"What?!" Before Jackie could respond, a figure dressed identically to Robert emerged from the shadows, speaking sternly, "Impossible! You called me here for this? Too risky! Things like consciousness and personality should not be tampered with!"

12