Chapter 68: Hail Hydra
241 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Those are the guys from before, be careful..." Robert warned Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior, glancing towards the source of the disturbance. He soon noticed several heavily armored soldiers appearing in his view, holding oddly-shaped firearms! "Are these the same people from before? Why do they look so different?" Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior also spotted the masked men and heavily armored soldiers. Jackie Chan shouted in surprise and doubt, "Are they still under Warlon's command? When Warlon confronted me earlier, he didn't use such exaggerated equipment…"

"Maybe he didn't consider you as a deadly enemy back then!" Robert shook his head. While speaking, he suddenly saw a laser beam shooting towards Jackie Chan, "Watch out!"

With a "whoosh", Robert pushed Jackie Chan away, and the laser hit the ground, creating a small crater.

"Wow!" Both Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior were startled. Although they had witnessed the destructive power of Robert and Diana in battle before, they were still somewhat unable to accept the appearance of high-tech weapons exhibiting such immense destructive power, as, in their understanding, laser weapons shouldn't exist in this world.

"Be careful, I'll handle them!" Robert looked seriously at the heavily armored soldiers and masked men, instructed Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior, and then dashed towards the enemies.

Robert had to be serious. After all, he had just gone through two battles. Even though his body was healing, he hadn't fully recovered, especially his Qi.

Robert didn't know the firepower of these heavily armored soldiers, but he didn't want to be shot through the heart by a laser like Sun Wukong, especially since Robert keenly sensed that the energy in that laser was not simple! "Follow the plan! Prioritize seizing the Bull Talisman, dealing with the others is secondary... Hm? Change of plan, some grab the talisman, others deal with this superhuman! He might be a speedster or another talisman holder!" After the first shot aimed at Jackie Chan was dodged, the commander quickly issued orders. But when he saw Robert turn into a blur, the commander quickly adjusted his command.

Soon, some masked men and several heavily armored soldiers rushed towards Jackie Chan, while the others semi-encircled, waiting for Robert.

"Whoosh!"

"Whoosh!"

"Whoosh!"

When Robert appeared beside the heavily armored soldiers, he didn't hesitate to attack. Several laser beams were shot at him.

But Robert was no longer in his original position. He appeared beside a heavily armored soldier, his gaze fixed on the energy block loader behind them, keenly sensing it as the power source for their weapons.

With a "bang!", Robert struck out with his palm, creating an airstream that hit the energy block loader.

"Boom!" Almost the moment the energy block loader was hit by the airstream, the energy transformed into flames, engulfing the soldier and nearby masked men.

"Got a weakness, that makes things easier!" Robert's eyes brightened. He quickly rushed towards another heavily armored soldier. In his eyes, these soldiers had turned from a threat into controllable bombs!

"Spread out! Protect the heavily armored soldiers within the firing range. As soon as you spot him, shoot!" Seeing Robert vanish again, the commander hurriedly issued another command, "Flamethrowers ready, suppress with firepower as soon as you spot him!"

"Whoosh!" As the commander's words fell, a heavily armored soldier's flamethrower spewed hot flames because Robert had already appeared beside him.

"Hm? Quick reaction!" A hint of surprise flashed in Robert's eyes. He struck out with his palm, scattering the hot flames. But at that moment, the soldier charged at Robert like a madman. Robert faintly saw madness and zeal in the soldier's eyes.

"Boom!" The next moment, the soldier exploded, similar to the previous blast, but this time it was a self-detonation, not caused by Robert.

"This crazy?" Robert hovered in mid-air, looking at the still-burning flames in surprise. He had seen self-detonation before, but never expected ordinary people to be so decisive.

"He's in the air! He can fly! Cover and retreat! Retreat immediately!" The commander quickly noticed Robert floating in mid-air, his voice tinged with fear. Even though their laser weapons had a long range, he ordered a retreat, as the situation had exceeded their expectations. He needed to wait for new orders from the higher-ups.

As the commander's order was given, the surrounding masked men and heavily armored soldiers aimed at Robert in mid-air and began to retreat. Notably, even without Robert's help, Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior weren't injured.

Although Jackie Chan kept shouting "Unlucky! Unlucky! Unlucky!" under the laser gun's attack, he only got his clothes slightly torn.

"Trying to leave? Not so easy! Look here!" However, facing the retreating masked men and heavily armored soldiers, Robert had no intention of letting them go.

"Buzz!" In an instant, a dazzling light lit up the night sky.

"Again?!" Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior screamed and then covered their eyes.

Having experienced the Solar Flare, Jackie Chan and the Bull Warrior were still affected, let alone the heavily armored soldiers and masked men, who covered their eyes, tears streaming uncontrollably.

"Buzz!" Simultaneously, a ball of Qi energy condensed in Robert's palm, then dispersed into several small Qi blasts, targeting each heavily armored soldier and masked man.

Homing bullets! They automatically targeted and struck the enemies!

The power of the homing bullets wasn't very strong, but they were perfect against the masked men. As for the heavily armored soldiers, targeting their back devices was sufficient...

"Boom!"

"Boom!"

A series of explosions resounded, almost all enemies were annihilated by the explosions and homing bullets. Only the commander lay on the ground, barely alive.

"Perfect, let's see who you really are..." Robert looked at the commander in surprise, flashed in front of him, and reached out to read his memories.

"You can't kill all of us. Cut off one head, two more take its place. You've already been marked by our people, you can't escape!" The commander looked at Robert, bit the hidden poison in his teeth, and said in a low but determined voice, "Hail Hydra!"

"Another suicide? Brainwashed?" Robert scratched his head, looking at the lifeless commander, muttering to himself.

9