Chapter 72: Misunderstandings and Sparring
217 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did I hit him?" Kara's eyes brightened in surprise. She hadn't expected to hit Robert's actual body instead of a phantom. The moment her punch connected with Robert's fist, her body also paused, and then she saw Robert flying out, crashing to the ground.

"There's still quite a gap," Robert muttered, dusting himself off as he got up from the ground.

When Robert first met Kara, he sensed that her qi was stronger than Chi-Chi's in the Dragon Ball world. Now, based on his perception of qi, he had surpassed Kara, but there was still a significant gap between them.

This reinforced Robert's belief that in this world, while qi sensing could detect someone's presence, it couldn't gauge their actual strength. To understand who was stronger, they would have to fight and find out. Especially after his vacation trip, Robert confirmed that this world might have more powerful beings than he had imagined.

Diana, the seemingly evil Hydra, Valon, the Holy Lord, and others...

"Gotcha!" While thoughts were running through Robert's mind, his body suddenly trembled as he felt someone grab his tail!

"It's you!" An excited voice followed, not directed at Robert, but at his tail.

Unlike most Saiyans, Robert's tail didn't render him powerless when grabbed. He had consciously trained it, and although it wasn't as strong as his limbs, it was still formidable.

However, the tail was much more sensitive, especially since the person holding it was curiously scratching the fur...

Indeed, it was Kara, who had long wanted to do just that. As she held Robert's tail, her previous anger faded, replaced by curiosity as she scratched it and observed its reactions.

"Hey, hey, enough already!" Robert, seeing Kara had no intention of letting go, protested with some dissatisfaction.

"Ahem..." Kara blushed, reluctantly letting go of the tail, and then vanished from the spot.

"Nice, nice, even though we didn't really fight, there's some unusual progress..." Clark, watching from a distance, nodded in approval and murmured, "Kara, my cousin, I'm doing my best to help you. You have to seize the opportunity!"

"Huh? Why are you back so soon?" Martha, noticing Kara's flushed face, asked suspiciously.

"Hmph! He's not my match anyway. Besides, running around in animal skins, what does that look like? Better to come back and change clothes..." Kara said somewhat proudly.

"Animal skins?" Martha stood up immediately, concerned. As Robert and Clark walked in, she hurried over, "What happened, Robert? Where are your clothes?"

"Oh, they got worn out during training, so I made this. How is it? Better than Clark's craftsmanship, right?" Robert showed off his animal skin attire with a smile.

"Your craftsmanship is indeed decent. Keep it as a souvenir and go change. Don't let Kara laugh at you!" Martha, relieved to see Robert uninjured except for dirty clothes, commanded him to change. Then, she turned to Clark, suspicious, "Wait, when did Clark make clothes? Was it a gift for Lana?"

"No, Robert's mistaken!" Clark grumbled internally about Robert bringing up old matters and smiled at Martha, "Lana's return gift was a necklace you helped me pick, remember?"

"That was a return gift. You should be more proactive!" Martha gave Clark a stern look, then whispered to Kara and Robert, "Don't let your brother beat you to getting married..."

Her voice was low, but everyone in the room had excellent hearing. Kara blushed and remained silent.

Clark thought Robert might indeed move faster, but not with the person Martha was thinking of.

"Eh? Mom, how do you know I... wah!" Robert looked at Martha in surprise, about to say something, then Clark covered his mouth and dragged him away, worried Kara might react violently to what Robert was about to say.

"You're still young, no need to rush!" Martha clearly misunderstood Robert's intentions and winked at Kara.

"Ah! I don't know what you're talking about..." Kara, blushing, ran off, "I'm going to help my parents prepare dinner. Let's have dinner together tonight!"

"Sure, make sure to prepare a lot!" Martha called out, used to her routine, even though Kara was already out of sight.

That evening, the Kent and Danvers families finally gathered for a dinner. According to the Danvers, they had an elder daughter who had left Earth for outer space.

It's rare for Earthlings to leave for outer space and not return, as it's usually the other way around.

However, from the Danvers' description, their elder daughter was more determined than both Kara and Alex, and they ultimately supported her decision and wished her well.

This influence also made the Danvers more open to extraordinary events and supportive of Alex helping Kara find her origins.

Importantly, the Danvers were very accepting of Robert's astonishing appetite, especially when they saw Kara helping him prepare more food...

During the remaining days of the vacation, the two families visited each other almost daily. Kara began training with Robert, even managing to control her strength enough for some light sparring. Although she occasionally used too much force, it was evident that Kara was making progress, which impressed Robert.

Even though Kara still lacked a warrior's instinct and talent, Robert believed that the training would at least not waste her incredible potential.

Kara's willingness to train with Robert these days stemmed from her good mood, partly because she finally caught his tail and partly due to Martha and Robert's previous conversation...

7